It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sci Fi short films worth watching

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   
If you have seen a good short scifi film post it here. Try to keep the films to the ones that are 15 minutes of greater at minimum .

I hadn't really paid much attention to these short films , but after watching Rakka Volume1 by Oats Studio which Slayer posted here

It got me hooked , as they tend to be better done than most hollywood blockbusters.

I would recommend starting with Rakka Volume1 if you haven't seen it at Slayer thread . Since he posted it I won't post it here.

So I will start it

HELIO is a short, visceral film centered on a post-apocalyptic underground society where its citizens mine to sustain their dark existence.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I was hoping to see another door when the camera was panning up in the end

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 11:20 AM
link   
a reply to: ColeYounger

That was a good one, I saw it last night as well.

This one is really good if you are a fan of the original twilight zones.

On the edge of space, a mining ship, The Ezekiel, finds an uncharted planet that reveals signs of a possible fuel resource. Two crew members undertake a mission to the desolate rock to take samples for later analysis. The mission goes well until they unearth a dark and terrifying truth.

edit on 201031America/ChicagoMon, 22 Oct 2018 11:20:54 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
This is has now been made into a full movie coming out soon..

www.imdb.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing there, i love the genre and these short video's are really suited for it.

I got a old one for you but one i really like, if you have not seen it its a must

Also turned into a movie now 'Kill Switch':

edit on 22-10-2018 by Dimens because: Added movie link

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Dimens

I'm not a big fan of the POV movies, but I liked the premise of it and liked the fact they didn't appear to go with the POV for the movie Kill Switch itself.

I'm going to check out the actual movie.

BTW , I updated the short movie link with the following which is the whole short film and not the test film without the audio feed.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
This has the annoying cliche about the military being complete rere and attacking everything it doesn't understand, which is unlikely , but atleast its minimal .

However, its a little different take on what if an Alien came to visit.

A giant alien creature comes to Earth. But the reasons for its arrival remain unknown as mankind fails to make contact with it.

edit on 281031America/ChicagoTue, 23 Oct 2018 08:28:18 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Thank you for adding, i tried to search for that video but i couldn't find it last night, i hope you enjoy the movie like i did all these small vids, they are really amazing, specially the Unearthed, it gives such a weird vibe i love it. Also can't wait for the movie from the 'Prospect' video, that will be one to look out for!

I send some to a friend and he send this one back 'Seam':

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Thanks . I will check that one out.

Here is another that was good.

Have you seen Oats Studios - Volume 1 - Rakka yet? if not definitely check it out.
Slayer posted

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Just watched it and it was awesome, from an acting,special effects, and plot point of view. The only down side I saw was that it leaves the viewer asking for more. This needs a second part or made into a full movie.

edit on 021031America/ChicagoTue, 23 Oct 2018 12:02:27 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 03:35 AM
link   

The narrow world was a very good one, it really made me think in end.. 'wait what??', i like those ones that make you want to re-watch it again. Can't wait to watch these two new ones tonight

join