It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LEVI...the bull calf

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   
The calf called "Levi".

Here's an update for those who remember...

Levi was a problem child, born in a snowstorm (as usual). His mom was unable to feed him. So, my wife fed him, bottle fed hi 4x per day for months.

This calf was so weak I slept with him inside the stock trailer, freezing my ass off, trying to keep him warm.

At first we had to "tube" him to get him to eat. Then it was bottle feeding for weeks and months. Like I noted, I slept in the dang stock trailer in my heavy bag, just trying to keep him from freezing to death. Spent more than a week in that dang stock trailer with him. The things you will do to save an animal are amazing.

Two weeks from tonight "Levi" (the bull) will go for auction in NE Colorado. He's an amazing animal now, a true success story. He's advertised in 4 states and the headline for the big auction.

Tonight we were cleaning out the stock trailer, and all the old straw was in there from when I was in there with him. It was an interesting moment.

GO "LEVI"!!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

Congratulations!

Maybe invest in a torpedo heater.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I am sure that someone will be inviting him over for Dinner.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 12:44 AM
link   
You're awesome, dude. I think I'd have nursed him just long enough to make sure he wasn't sick or infected, then would have made veal.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I know it's hard to do, especially if you're on a phone, but....pictures!! You cannot let him go without giving us a picture or two.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Yes! Pictures!
And what is he going to be used for? Breeding? Bull riding? Do you know?

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

Well, I hope they use him for breeding, but I don't know. Galloway bulls aren't really built for rodeo, they're too big.

Anyway, Levi will go at auction so I don't really know what his buyer's will do with him.

That's just how it is.

(post by Nicki1991 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I like when the meta-spammers necro threads, it allows me to ask whether he ended up being auctioned for chow or breeding.

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

We took him to auction. And we pretty much took a bath at the auction. The auction held our animals to the end because they were wanting to keep people there. A couple big outfits showed up at the last minute and dumped entire herds. Spent everyone's money, so at the end there were only a few people left with enough money to buy something.

All that work, and such a great animal...all for pretty much a kick in the pants. I probably could have done better if I'd given him away! A couple ranchers came up to us afterwards and congratulated us on such a nice bull. That, and $5.00 will get ya a cup of coffee at Starbucks!

posted on Apr, 22 2019 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Too bad. Hopefully he went to stud.

new topics

top topics

join