It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The New Canadian Gardening Companion

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Its a great sea change in the previously intolerant climate for a once banned plant that will easily return to the wild , now it has been set free . The topography of Canada which provide it's scope is not just in the hedges and fields and the prevalence of squares. This plant should move back into the wild , and of course the urban environments as well and it will be sown and reaped again by human hands or drones . It will be once again be available to the birds bees and animals and a welcome sweet smelling companion to the gardens and the edges of woodland . Deer and rabbits , slugs mice and all sorts of others will browse among the green . Deserted places may become inhabited by sticky drought-hardy customers that provide the shelter that builds up in waste land.
The plant has male and female seeds . Adapted varieties become perennials , strong growers and large , trees even . They use any growth formula and keep a canopy which suits their populous growth (m&f) and layering where damaged or trodden down , or layered down yourself . They use any growth formula, they are tolerant and hardy even in unstable dry and damaged ground , grow very quickly in favourable conditions forming deep rootspreads and can undergo rough topping giving a double average yield of biomass and use all available co2 .

The agricultural applications are many and varied when you can grow a plant which is twice as fast as most plants at growing , more nutritious and useful than most others especially regarding seed content but fodder/ feed overall including silage, making suitable for aquaponics in particular as well as all conventional uses . Not needing to be content free gives the natural pliability in genetics that indigenous varieties allow growers . So , you can return this plant to the foodchain , and to the ecosystem , and it will happen .
We do expect to see the world follow suit with Canada , and when it's a good thing that may have rolled one or two, out of capitalist foresight and three or four in the past adjusting the ways forward for the industrious then so be it , there remains hope . Smelling the roses is the definition of living , or so to speak . We'll be living with a better ending anyhow .

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
I am already past that. I have moved onto Jimson Weed. It's not your mothers "bat country" anymore.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Lol. Here is to hoping the world follows suit and removes punishment for victim less crimes.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It was recommended for hedges back when it was govmt. Approved for a cash crop. Needed rope for the ships.

I think a world famous document was written on hemp Paper by persons that wore hemp shirts lasted for decades
edit on 20-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I read an interesting tidbit a while back about how farmed animals used to be fed the hemp waste and got our CBd oil through eating meat and since that all stopped we are getting sicker.....

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Yep, Canada and Texas.....now if we can bring aboard the territory inbetwixt

My 2 acres backs up to corps of engineers land but they aren't ever there. Fact is the land goes for 3 miles, and no one is ever there. The other branches of the lake corps land, which is corps hunting land with a special corps of engineers license...have done hunters and fishers. So I'm saying no one comes within 3 miles of this branch river feeding the big ole lake.

Hedges look good out there, there's no grasshoppers due to a year long flood that was deep and stayed and we thought it never go.

The deer recognize and love me....years

The wild hogs know from back when they were piglets....?and at night as I walked up on the 15 of em they sqeekin and shivering fear of the big like human with killer headlamp.....1300 lumens on. Single battery. Their mom took of and told em not to move but my track sent right to edge of the group huddled there. The dark ones edged two feet over but the brown with spots ones stayed in place!!!

The whole pile of em was 5 feet diameter.....they were a shoe box size each small shoebox. I veered and spoke softly to em and let em know I was moving on through no worries

After that for years they were my friends, the most they would do is snap teeth and stamp once at me.......

One can find my ferts stashed out there in 11 locations....you know bone meal , kelp meal, bags of carried in potting soil with horse manure......op is saying it's so natural to garden

Op is saying it's HUMANIZING to garden in the wilds

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Do not forget Azomite and worm castings whatever else you forget

The secret is worm castings and kelp btw... And Azomite is Utah volcano powder, don't stand over em, they'll hit ya in the chin!!!

(post by rosejacob removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:37 AM
link   
We're all set here for some indoor gardening this winter. Probably going to get the seeds planted today!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: DoctorBluechip

Its a great sea change in the previously intolerant climate for a once banned plant that will easily return to the wild , now it has been set free .

[...] It will be once again be available to the birds bees and animals and a welcome sweet smelling companion to the gardens and the edges of woodland . Deer and rabbits , slugs mice and all sorts of others will browse among the green .

[...] So , you can return this plant to the foodchain , and to the ecosystem , and it will happen .

Amen, beautifully said,

It can be done,

new topics

top topics

join