It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China Plans to Launch Four Artificial Moons to Illuminate Urban Areas

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
I got the translated webpage from Harbin Institute of Technology, CASTCO is nice enough to have an English page, but I cannot access it.

I would like to find some of the research or preliminary designs. Or at least a mention of them from the institutes mentioned to be involved. Could maybe, anybody give me a hand finding it?? Tian Fu New Area Science Society is really just an industrial zone dedicated to these endeavors, kind of like a Silicon Valley type of place. I suppose the society part refers to like, their version of a neighborhood association for that Silicon Valley type of place.

I found the original ChinaDaily article.

The man-made moon is essentially an illumination satellite designed to complement the moon at night, though it is predicted to be eight times brighter, the scientist added.

This is due to the object's planned orbit about 500 kilometers above Earth-much closer than the 380,000-km distance to the moon, Wu said.

"But this is not enough to light up the entire night sky," he said. "Its expected brightness, in the eyes of humans, is around one-fifth of normal streetlights."

The location and brightness of the light beam can be changed, and its coverage accuracy can fall within a few dozen meters, he said.

"When the satellite is in operation, people will see only a bright star above, and not a giant moon as imagined."

Yup, I knew it. Its just going to be UFO's permanently hanging out, and this is the legitimate excuse for them being there.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So if it's cloudy whats the plan?? Maybe it would be cheaper to reduce crime!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:48 PM
link   
So if it's cloudy whats the plan?? Maybe it would be cheaper to reduce crime!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I'm surprised no ones asked so I guess I will.....

Do they plan on locking these in place to only shine on China through some sort of magic or???
edit on 10/21/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
This is most ridiculous thing I've ever heard of.

But if anyone could do it, China could. Those crazy aliens have the technology, the just had to come up with a reason.
It's just a stupid endeavor when you think about the amount of money and manpower it'll take to do this project - and what else that money and manpower could do on the ground. Meanwhile I made a post about building a giant air-scrubber to actually help clean the air/environment... and people thought it was a crazy stupid idea.
I guess people couldn't imagine color TV back in the day either.

Can't even stand people

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Skorpiogurl
If you move to China and research for these institutions, they will hear you. As long as you find a way to sell it as a cover for the aliens that will actually be interacting with Chinese society indefinitely camped over their part of the atmosphere.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Didn’t Russia propose this once? With mirrors or something? It never happened.

Leave nature alone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join