It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jane Hawk series by Dean Koontz A GREAT Conspiracy Theory!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I really like Dean Koontz, and I have been reading him since I was young and stole one of my mom’s books.
I am currently reading the Jane Hawk series. Man, it is the perfect conspiracy theory!
First, the books, in order

The Silent Corner
The Whispering Room
The Crooked Staircase
The Forbidden Door (I’m currently reading, not done yet!)

The books are about Jane Hawk, a recent widower, and her search to reveal the truth about her husbands, and many other people’s apparent “suicide”.
Why this series is a great conspiracy theory?
It has:
Nano Web Brain Controlling Technology.
A Shadow Government (or secret group)
Sociopaths/Psychopaths working for said groups
Controlled Media
Going “Off the Grid”
Crazy Government Spying Technology

To me, the story so far, isn’t very far fetched. Which makes it all the more scary really. The Technology he writes about in this series could already be created, and would we even know?
Anyone else reading this series? Your thoughts?

(Side note: I searched 14 pages of the search for this, so I’m sure someone will find another thread in under a minute if its there. LOL I will go quietly to the other thread if so.)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: chiefsmom

That does sound like a cool storyline. Thanks!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   

I'll have to check it out.

He had another good series, I think I remember he was working on a 3rd book for.

Moonlight bay or something like that, the main character was allergic/or extra sensitive to sunlight.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

I didn't recognize Moonlight bay, and I thought I read everthing, so I had to go look them up.
Fear nothing
Sieze the night

Doesn't look like he got to the third one.

Yeah, you guys should ckeck this series out. Sure fits with this site!
And I love talking about books.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Great series by one of my favorite writers.

Love Dean Koontz, I haven't read a book of his that I didn't like.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Carcharadon
Me either. like with Odd Thomas, even if it doesn't end the way you hope, I except it and understand why.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I'm a fan of Dean Koontz books. I've read many of his books but it was years ago. One that stands out is Door to December. It's a good one. The show Stranger Things may have taken from the book for it's story. It has a lot of similarities. A little girl..telekenisis..submersion tank.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

I agree.
One of the things that has always fascinated me about many of his books, was a character that has some form of autism too.
And I saw 11 with those characteristics.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
a reply to: Carcharadon
Me either. like with Odd Thomas, even if it doesn't end the way you hope, I except it and understand why.

I saw Odd Thomas the movie and liked it, shame the actor died. I had no clue there were 7 books, I think I will read them. Thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

thanks, gonna check those books out.

I allways loved Dean Koontz, he is like a Stephen King light.
Have you ever read the book "Night Chills" which is also about mind control and subliminal messages.
Lot of his books are about conspiracy and weird #, i have read about 10-15 of his books, and they have all been good and entertaining.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I am also reading The Forbidden Door. My impression of Dean Koontz is that he reads a lot of the ATS Conspiracy forums ....
Not sure if what he writes is what he believes, but if so, he and I seem to be on the same wavelength.

Check out my signature.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 02:31 PM
link   
a reply to: deltaalphanovember

LOL Yeah, I added to my signature last night, after reading it in the book.

I just finished it a bit ago. Really loved it!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

I always loved reading. My parents didn't seem to know how to really guide me or deal with my differences and my intelligence as a child. So, although I loved reading, and so did they, we didnt have any suitable books for me. The biggest kids books we had were Goosebumps for my sis. But by age 10 or 11, I wasnt satisfied with those. I needed something bigger and deeper to capture my interest.

I eventually discovered Enders Game by Orson Scott Card, but that was a year or so later in school. One day at the house during summer i was bored and I picked up a book my dad had just finished reading that sounded really cool. I heard him talking about it and it was about a guy who had special eyes and he could see that certain people in the world were monsters. Sounded awesome. It was called Twilight Eyes. After I read that I found Stephen King's IT. The first two real novel size books I read, and they were not made for children at all. My parents were kinda clueless about raising kids, looking back.... I think maybe they were just proud that I was reading at their level. Although occassionally I came across a word I did not know. I would just wing it and use context clues.

Thanks for the recommendation!

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Thank you!!! I am just about out of Lee Child's Jack Reacher series. I almost always have a series I'm reading and another non-series book going on. I've always enjoyed Kootz, but haven't heard of Jane Hawk.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

LOL, well, not for my intelligence, but for some reason reading always came easy for me. Too easy sometimes, as I can read a good book in a day. They put me in speed reading when I was little. So I had the same problem, books for my age, lasted about an hour.
Hence me stealing a Koontz book from my mom, when I probably wasn't "mature" enough to be reading it. She wasn't real thrilled with me, but she always answered my questions about the books.

And I blame her anyway, since she let me watch scary movies when I was young! LOL but she always explained to me, not real blood, no, the kitten didn't really get eaten by the blob, ect.

posted on Oct, 21 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: argentus

Your welcome! Now that I'm done, maybe I will check out the Jack Reacher series. I swear, for me, finishing a book is a let down, if I don't have another to read right away.
I guess some people have a drug habit, I have a book habit.

posted on Oct, 22 2018 @ 04:30 AM
link   
Twilight Eyes is hands down my favorite Koontz book. Absolutely love that book. I've always been disappointed that he hasn't followed up on that one. I would really like Koontz to add to that story with another 2 or 12 books lol.

new topics

top topics

join