It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope about to recieve Tracheotomy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:06 PM
link   
This is not a conspiracy but I literally just got an alert from CNN that quote, "Doctors are considering performing a tracheotomy on the 84 year old pontiff". Would the pope be able to speak or even keep his position if he was living like that?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I believe that the pope is getting into his final days, he has been around due to the medical care he received, but I think he is in his final days.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I have to agree with you Marg. When someone of his age and ill health starts having bad cases of influenza and now the possibility of surgery, things don't look good. His body is starting to break down. My prayers are with him.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just heard he's in the operating room, for immediate surgery to help him breathe.

I seriously hope that Pope is not expected back on the job after this, the Catholic Church really needs to think hard about this and nominate his replacement, get the ball moving so that JP can rest quietly after this.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I am not catholic (Episcopalean if that's how you spell it) so we don't really look up to the pope or anything, but is there a law of some sort that says the pope has to die before a new one can be elected.

Any ideas on who the new candidates for pope would be?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:34 PM
link   
there is an ATSNN thread on this...

check it out...

EDIT: here is the link:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 24-2-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnMature
I am not catholic (Episcopalean if that's how you spell it) so we don't really look up to the pope or anything, but is there a law of some sort that says the pope has to die before a new one can be elected.

Yes, The Pope has to die before a new Pope can be elected. The Cardinal Camerlengo has to conduct the process that determines whether or not the Pope is dead. After that they hold what is called the Conclave that is made up of all the Cardinals under 80 years of age (not to exceed 120 Cardinals) where they vote on the next Pope. Usually there are 4 or 5 favorites and the voting continues until 3/4 + 1 decide on the new Pope. If 30 elections go by then it defaults to 1/2 + 1.

The outgoing pope If he has time prior to his death can nominate the Cardinals that will be in the Conclave.

I also belive that no Cardinal in the Conclave is elligible for nomination. Leaving only a few Cardinals elligible. Most of the elligible Cardinals will be older, conservatives.

Phae

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I just heard he's in the operating room, for immediate surgery to help him breathe.

I seriously hope that Pope is not expected back on the job after this, the Catholic Church really needs to think hard about this and nominate his replacement, get the ball moving so that JP can rest quietly after this.

I take it you believe the pope has actually been performing his duties?
That is almost funny....

He is a figure head like no other. The real decisions are made behind the 'curtian' ...

What is not funny is hell's fire awaits his departure from this realm....The father has no room in his kingdom for an anti-christ lover such as him and all his followers.... ie, catholics.

What the man needs is a lobotomy not a trach.... It might save his soul ....

~peace

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 03:29 PM
link   
It's all good:

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   
it is done and it was successful as of 30 to 45 mins ago when anounced

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phaethor

Originally posted by UnMature

Yes, The Pope has to die before a new Pope can be elected. The Cardinal Camerlengo has to conduct the process that determines whether or not the Pope is dead. After that they hold what is called the Conclave that is made up of all the Cardinals under 80 years of age (not to exceed 120 Cardinals) where they vote on the next Pope. Usually there are 4 or 5 favorites and the voting continues until 3/4 + 1 decide on the new Pope. If 30 elections go by then it defaults to 1/2 + 1.

The outgoing pope If he has time prior to his death can nominate the Cardinals that will be in the Conclave.

I also belive that no Cardinal in the Conclave is elligible for nomination. Leaving only a few Cardinals elligible. Most of the elligible Cardinals will be older, conservatives.

Phae

Actually the pope can give up being the pope if he feels he cant do it anymore.

I have heard reports that they are considering the replacement for the pope to be someone from South America of from a 3rd world country somewhere.

I wish the pope a healthy recovery. I thank him for all he did for my people.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 05:29 PM
link   
The pope doesn't have to die in the job.
The Vatican has set a retirement age of 75 for bishops and this is valid for the pope also.

The Vatican line is that he wants to stay in the job. Whether or not that is actually his line is another matter.
The fact that he has Parkinsons disease now coupled with a tracheoctomy, means that it's going to be very difficult for him to communicate with anyone.
Maybe he should retire to a Polish monastary as has been suggested? As the main communicant between the Catholic faith and their god, it's hard to understand why somebody who has so much trouble communicating with anyone would want to stay in the job.
I think it's a case of he's done his time and put in his work. He should now step down and make room for somebody who is more able to do the job.

Why die in office and be remembered as the pope who could only communicate by drooling? I don't mean that humourously either. For the last couple of years, all of the focus has been on the pope's health rather than on his message. If that is the case, surely he needs to stand down? In a time when the Catholic church is suffering from schism, it needs people concentrating on issues within the religion - not on the frailties of it's figurehead.

top topics

join