It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Trump Supporters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: headorheart
Now my real question. All of you that love Trump, how do you look past the disrespectfulness?

Easy, he's never disrespected me. I could care less what he says about those he has disrespected, hell, I probably don't like or respect them myself, so why should I expect him to?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Parishna

You ever seen that stint where one person is in a room with a whole bunch of others, but they are not in on the gag, and everyone randomly stands up, so eventually, they stand up with everyone else? Sit down at the same time, and in no time, they're following along without even knowing why?

That's what this is. You think everyone is laughing at him, but in reality, those in control are telling you what to think, and you're standing up, sitting down, with everyone else, who has no clue why.

I wonder if you'd seen the clip of that, without the narrative already pushed onto your psyche, would you still hear it the same way you think you do? Because I didn't... But then, I don't tend to blindly follow the crowd.

No. He said something ridiculous and got laughed at.

Again, I saw the same clip as you did.

I disagree..

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I just really can't comprehend how any intelligent person thinks Trump is a respectful or graceful human and represents the county well.

I don't think he is respectful or graceful. He openly admits he will attack if attacked and talks like a broken CD when giving speeches for the most part. I also don't like his rhetoric, but it works for some reason.

For me, it was all about the status quo. My entire life basically, I've watched the same things happen regardless if it's a Democrat or Republican elected. We start a war, taxes go up, stagnant wages, send jobs overseas, etc. Trump came in with fresh ideas on trade, jobs, and the economy as a whole, which is why he got my vote. Seems to be working too, so he still has my support.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If I had to label myself, I would call myself moderately conservative. I voted for McCain and I vote for Romney. While my personal views are more conservation, I think a SLIGHTLY more liberal view is best for society. I.E. I don't think that I could ever go through with a abortion, but I think a woman should have the right to choose, especially if it is a medical situation.

Now my real question. All of you that love Trump, how do you look past the disrespectfulness? I don't want to argue left vs right. I don't want to argue republican vs democrat. I don't hate Republicans and I don't hate conservatives. I am far from a crazy leftist. I just really can't comprehend how any intelligent person thinks Trump is a respectful or graceful human and represents the county well.

Principles before personalities.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: headorheart

Easy. He wasn't elected for his respect and grace. You don't become a powerful country by offering hugs and kisses.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

a reply to: SammyB0476

Fair. Also, I guess, the answer I was hoping to hear. I just have a mental brain block over his personality. I can admit an asshole can be good at a job. An asshole musician can still be a great musician. I just can't respect him and I am embarrassed by the way he acts often. I don't think he is a good role model. Along with policies, I think the President should be at least a partial role model.

Why wouldn't he be a good role model? Our children don't hear about the bad things their role models have said or done in past or present.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchitburn

He's a blowhard, no doubt about it.

But I don't care if he's an asshole. His policies have done more to get this country on the right track than any administration since probably JFK at least.

Trump isn't a conservative or a republican, hell he was a democrat for a very long time. What he is, is practical and acts the best interests of America. And that's what this country needs.

He's not trying to be cool, he isn't guided by religion. He doesn't pander to the media.

Also ask yourself this. How many new countries have we invaded or started bombing in the last 2 years?

I'd say probably 99.9% of all billionaires act like that. People act like being a dick is something new.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Excellent response. I feel much the same. I didn't vote for him because I thought Johnson was the better choice but when he swept the old biddy into what we hoped would be the dustbin of history and became president I wasn't bent out of shape. Over the past couple of years I've watched as he actually made good on campaign promises. I've never seen that kind of behavior before and I've been voting for presidents since the '70s.

I'm personally quite pleased that I won't have to pay the government a couple thousand dollars just because I refused to pay the insurance company $10k for health insurance I didn't need. I've been very pleased when my investment statements have shown increases in each quarter since he was elected. I have to wonder just how much he could have accomplished had he been able to concentrate on building the country rather than answering all the Nattering Nabobs of Negativity about his personal life in past decades.

I don't "love Trump" but I do like the fact that when he makes a promise he does all he can to carry it out. He's a realist and that seems to bother a lot of folks. I'm a "call it as I see it" kind of person so maybe that's why I can cheer him on when he defends himself.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

If I had to label myself, I would call myself moderately conservative. I voted for McCain and I vote for Romney. While my personal views are more conservation, I think a SLIGHTLY more liberal view is best for society. I.E. I don't think that I could ever go through with a abortion, but I think a woman should have the right to choose, especially if it is a medical situation.

Now my real question. All of you that love Trump, how do you look past the disrespectfulness? I don't want to argue left vs right. I don't want to argue republican vs democrat. I don't hate Republicans and I don't hate conservatives. I am far from a crazy leftist. I just really can't comprehend how any intelligent person thinks Trump is a respectful or graceful human and represents the county well.

Here's the thing HorH, the qualities that you can not comprehend are the same ones that lead a lot of people to him.

We have had Politicians for years that have done the opposite and just told us what we wanted to hear while they did what they wanted anyway.

I did not vote for him but he has really grown on me and I have come to respect him. He acts on what he says. That is a big difference that what we have had in the past.

Would you rather have someone tell you all the things they are going to do and then fall through on 90% of it once elected?

Also there are a lot of times, if he is unsure of an outcome, he will tell you "I am not sure what will happen, we will have to wait and see". How many other politicians do you know that would ever say something like that? They would fill your head with rainbows and gumdrops and act like they have all the answers.

He is a BSer on the little things and serious with the big things while mainstream politicians are serious on the little things but BSers (liars) on most of the big things.
Quad

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Correct, he doesn't take insults without insulting back. So he's normal. Why do you see this and overlook his policies? Better yet, who would you have voted for between Trump and Clinton?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I cannot speak for the Trump supporters because I am not a trump supporter but the OP does ask a interesting question.

Now my real question. All of you that love Trump, how do you look past the disrespectfulness?

I honestly think that many of them just don't care and for some of them thats probably part of the appeal, a guy who just doesn't seem to give a sh1t, doesn't care if the whole world (literally at his last UN speech) are laughing at him.

Do you think Hillary would have been a better president? If so, can you explain why?

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 04:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

You ever seen that stint where one person is in a room with a whole bunch of others, but they are not in on the gag, and everyone randomly stands up, so eventually, they stand up with everyone else? Sit down at the same time, and in no time, they're following along without even knowing why?

That's what this is. You think everyone is laughing at him, but in reality, those in control are telling you what to think, and you're standing up, sitting down, with everyone else, who has no clue why.

I wonder if you'd seen the clip of that, without the narrative already pushed onto your psyche, would you still hear it the same way you think you do? Because I didn't... But then, I don't tend to blindly follow the crowd.

No. He said something ridiculous and got laughed at.

Again, I saw the same clip as you did.

I disagree..

Disagree with a liberal? *JAW DROPS*

That's not allowed!

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

it is simple , he fights back . Doesn't let the MSM define him . His policies have been far better for america than Obama or Bush or Clinton . It is just my opinion , I do wish he would shut up sometimes .

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join