It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japan Plans to Dump a Million Tons of Radioactive Fukushima Water Into Ocean

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
Sounds fine to me. All the heavier particles will sink to the bottom of the ocean and eventually be absorbed into the mantle. Good plan.

The water itself is radioactive. Regular H2O has the Hydrogen replaced with Deuterium and Tritium. In theory they could centrifuge out any contaminants in the same way that they refine Uranium for weapons. But they would require thousands of centrifuges.

en.wikipedia.org...#/media/File:Gas_centrifuge_cascade.jpg

Then you have to figure out what to do with all that water.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

Waste not!

My idea is to filter out the deuterium and tritium. You can do that with a graphene filter or...
Deuterium and tritium separated using a functionalized metal-organic framework compound.

You get mostly water back out. It may or may not be dirty (radioactive). So what to do?

Turning carbon dioxide into rock - forever.

Capture atmospheric CO2, add the water to it in supercritical state, pump the mess into an abandoned well. Two or three years later, you get sandstone! No oceans harmed. Clean some of the CO2 out of the atmosphere. All you need is energy, money and commitment to actually do it.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

That makes it sound so trivial..it's not trivial.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Question -- how dangerous is this level of radioactivity?

Is it really dangerous at all?

I ask because I saw this video over the weekend about the long term health effects after the Chernobyl meltdown (which was worse than Fukushima) -- a former anti-nuclear advocate flat out admitted that the radiation dangers from Chernobyl were GREATLY over-exaggerated. There was no scientific evidence of the worst fear, which was an increase in cancer throughout Russia and Europe. It didn't happen.

www.youtube.com...

Maybe this whole notion that radioactivity being super-deadly to people is a big misconception.

Possible?

That would definitely rate as a world-class conspiracy, worthy of being discussed at this website if no where else.

But -- I don't know. I am asking the group for info on this point.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Pretty soon, we will be able to go to the beach and harvest "pre-cooked" seafood.

Actually dumping any type of radioactive waste into the ocean should be a prison able offense.
edit on 18-10-2018 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

I'm ok with it if the Japanese PM and Tepco CEO's go swimming in the same area of ocean for a week straight ... with their families.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: PassiveInductor

I do not believe that kind of stuff fully transmitts to human or our food groups immediatly. It does sink & those bottom sea creatures feel the effects, the ones that are not on our food pyrimad. Then those creatures are eaten, or their carcasses dispersed through ocean grounds, eventually after 50 to 100 years start making the food scale to the top of oceans than land where all is being deformed.

We do not have conclusive evidence yet because the science of non harm to our food scale is secure, in the next 20 to 30 years you better bet we will see abnormallities not thought possible that grew from bottom sea radiation.

Send it though. I said this before, the rich will be in space, the poor will be here to suffer. Why do you think eqyptian days are so admired?, because you have to buy your way into the heavens with your gold coins.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

If that is true, you best check yourself before you wreck yourself cause where do you think all them nasty chemicals from your fridge when its toast or microwaves, or fun lil toys you got like lithium go when they are all used up? Your practically trying to throw yourself in prison haha

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SatansPride
a reply to: PassiveInductor

I do not believe that kind of stuff fully transmitts to human or our food groups immediatly. It does sink & those bottom sea creatures feel the effects, the ones that are not on our food pyrimad. Then those creatures are eaten, or their carcasses dispersed through ocean grounds, eventually after 50 to 100 years start making the food scale to the top of oceans than land where all is being deformed.

We do not have conclusive evidence yet because the science of non harm to our food scale is secure, in the next 20 to 30 years you better bet we will see abnormallities not thought possible that grew from bottom sea radiation.

Send it though. I said this before, the rich will be in space, the poor will be here to suffer. Why do you think eqyptian days are so admired?, because you have to buy your way into the heavens with your gold coins.

Water (H2O) is converted by chlorophyll in plankton into basic hydrogen and oxygen. There's also some ability for the hydrogen and oxygen atoms to detach and form a free ion soup. The hydrogen/deuterium/tritium is then free to form bonds with other molecules (methane, hydrocarbons and proteins, enzymes) and get into the food chain.

Then those atoms will at some time undergo fission and cause damage to the surrounding organic material.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:22 PM
link   

That is a better example, though, noone will no wtf your saying ha

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:28 PM
link   

edit on 18-10-2018 by SatansPride because: TP

link   

Off Topic Post.. Is it not funny how I can say wtf but not what the #? does that work in some other ways besides vocabulary acronyms? Acronym is acccepted by the dictionary as an actual word yet using them is not? So is NASA an actual resemblance of how noone should use that name because it is not policially correct? that is a thread & new law coming to justice soon, good thing we have emojis to surpass that & not care haha freaking egyptians using pictures & not words

link   

edit on 18-10-2018 by SatansPride because: DP

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

So, prawns, shrimp, crab, bottom feeding fish ..etc are not in our "food pyramid".
Thats news to me.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Im talking when it sinks to the shallow shores of a mile down or what not, it will soak into & seep out into the deeper parts of the ocean, the places we have no idea what lives there. We know about our galaxy better than our own oceans ha, we are really tempting the unkown to become known.

Off topic again, where did noahs ark water go when he found that part of the pangea continent that would not destroy all animals like how a lot of the lands sank back then? Down undernieth with other surviving creatures still some living evolutionized to smaller creatures becasue as we know earth is slowly slowing down which is why we have leap years & seconds.

We do not want to see what happens when we feed em' heroin & meth (nuclear waste, plastic etc.) ha

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   

I was gon' edit to say this. That is what the bible calls leviathin. The creatures unleashed haha godzilaas

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: SatansPride

Well, unless they are piping it pretty far out before releasing it, most of the heavy particles will sink pretty close to where its dumped, probably no where near a mile in depth.
I wish there was a better way.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed
Pretty soon, we will be able to go to the beach and harvest "pre-cooked" seafood.

Actually dumping any type of radioactive waste into the ocean should be a prison able offense.

I cant wait for 20 lb shrimps. Get the cocktail sauce ready.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   
Moot decision. Yeah, all that radioactive seawater is going to raise radiation levels in the ocean, but not by as much as the nuclear cores fissioning away in the bedrock.

We might as well face it: Japan and the area of the Pacific around them is now radioactive beyond what we consider safe limits. Nothing is going to change that. Nothing. We could turn the entire island into one giant reservoir for contaminated water and all we would do is have one less island to live on. It wouldn't matter. All of the radiation is coming from the same place, and all of it will have to eventually burn itself out.

As for the questions in the OP... *sigh* yes, nuclear power is safe if properly designed and regulated. Yes, nuclear power is 'carbon neutral'... that has absolutely nothing to do with radioactivity. Fukushima was improperly designed, and when it failed TEPCO improperly failed to take the normal and needed actons to prevent further catastrophe. Someone had a wreck today and killed someone because they were improperly operating a vehicle and failed to take appropriate action when they lost control... are automobiles bad and evil?

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 02:29 AM
link   

They are not doing it in inclusive waters? Cheap asses

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join