It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anybody else paying the idiot tax today?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Eh, I pointed it out to my husband when we were at the store yesterday.

Time will tell if he decides to waste the $10 or not. I'll know when he comes home.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
First step, lawyer up. If its allowed in your state, have the lawyer set up a trust to claim it. And tell no one.

Yep, before you claim anything, you find the lawyer you trust (HA HA HA!). Then you find the financial advisor. You tell no one.

And you proceed to live life as though you are not sitting on $450mill (government tax cut has to approach 50% at least, likely more).
edit on 18-10-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If anyone wins and feels like giving to a charity, Jinmi foundation for Learning and Living would happily accept and fully utilize the donation.

In turn we would provide photos and a thank you card.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 05:05 PM
link   
yup.
splurged and bought 3 tickets

move to laurel canyon where the reefer flows like wine
maserati ghibli
open a music school
buy a 10th planet school
travel
eat at good restaurants
shop for first edition books
shop for rare instruments

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

HA HA!

Yes, I am replying to myself, but he DID pay the idiot tax today.

posted on Oct, 18 2018 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The lottery is at $900 million plus...
So I went out and paid my idiot tax of $10.

Gotta pay to play.

I know it's like 300 million to 1 odds but some jerk has to win.

What would you do with your winnings?

I know a lot of people that would never have to work again but I have a feeling I would meet a crap ton of family I didn't know I had...
Elizabeth Warren family, but family....lol

www.google.com...

I bought eight dollars worth myself, I never win with five so I figured I would try four. I am so sure I am going to win that I have pre-spent all of my winnings so far....buying my tickets.

Some jerk is going to win, so that lowers my chance of winning I guess.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Supposedly, mine is in some kind of work place pool agreement. If one of them wins, they immediately pay each of the other three $10mill off the top.

I told him given our plans should we ever win, we'd have to keep that part really quiet from certain family whom we have plans to help but never to bestow a direct bequest on (NO money sense at all; so we're thinking if we could set up some sort of small annuity or something ... that's what the financial person is for) because if they ever found out that we paid some folks that much straight up while only making sure they got small semi- or bi- annual sums for the rest of their lives, there would be resentment.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   
If I Win... I'm Going To Build My Own Country.
One The Same Size As The Vatican.
Minimum Wage Will Be $17.50 An Hour.
And Taxes Will Be Minimal.
So... Those Who Don't Win Can Come To My Country To Do The S# Nobody Else Wants To Do...

Also... If I Win.... I Will Prolly Die Of Shock. So... All You Cousins Of Mine Need To Make Contact Soon.
edit on 19-10-2018 by Pinocchio because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 10:59 AM
link   
If I won, I'd build a building like the hive from Resident Evil

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
I never understood folks who only bought lotto tickets when a jackpot is high. As if a million dollars isn't life changing also. Odd.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gazrok
I never understood folks who only bought lotto tickets when a jackpot is high. As if a million dollars isn't life changing also. Odd.

Because most people understand playing the lotto regularly is a waste of money. However, at some point, you decide screw it when the numbers get big enough. You gotta pay to play and when the pot gets high enough, you decide it is worth wasting your money.

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I just do $5 a week, no matter the size of the jackpot. It's only $260 a year to keep the fantasy alive, so not much really. And there are often weeks I forget, etc.

I suppose I can see that side of it, but really, even the smallest lotto jackpot is life-changing.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Nobody won? This is getting ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Autorico
If I won, I'd build a building like the hive from Resident Evil

The other thing that seems easy to do is move to neighborhoods where other rich people live and come to terms with the fact you are rich.

I

posted on Oct, 20 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: luthier

Meh, I'm more of a fallout shelter type person. Also, I'm totally trailer trash

edit on 20-10-2018 by Autorico because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

a reply to: whyamIhere

Horses have worse odds that the lottery....

There are less horses in a race than the millions of people that buy lottery tickets. I am not a mathematician/statistician.

The chances of making money on a race horse is pretty low. They usually lose money.

Feel free to call me stupid but... in a horse race there are 20 horses or less. If you bet on a horse, you have a 1 in 20 chance of winning. Those odds are a lot better than a lottery with millions and billions of permutations. And even then it "rolls over" till next week because no one had the winning number. Mmhmm!

ETA Playing the lottery feels to me like I do nothing more than give money to the winners. I never gamble.
edit on 23/10/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Bah, I'd be happy getting enough numbers to get a few grand out of it, and get some things done. I'm not greedy.

First, I'd make sure my son had the best memorial service, and an interment he'd be happy with.

If I do win though... I'd give some seed money to my closest friends and family for them to follow their dreams as well. Buy my mom a nice condo and set up with a monthly stipend....so she can stay retired.

I'd send my daughter to the college of her choice, and set her up in a nice place, with a monthly stipend as well. (and a nice trust fund)

The wife and I would work with a designer on our dream house, and get it started on being built, then we'd go on a lot of trips while it's being built.

edit on 23-10-2018 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join