It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Slams ‘Very Unfair’ Drug Sentences

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:57 PM
link   
That son o a Biach!......

Watch how many people spin this because is Trump......

Now I do remember that Berny was about Prison reform ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME yet..... everyone was ready to rock...

no.......no........this is Trump......watch this be condemned watch the excuses to hate come

This thread will either blow up with said excuses, or die because it makes sense
edit on 10/17/2018 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: aniceday
a reply to: Metallicus

Trafficking in drugs, including marijuana has caused untold deaths. Everyone involved in it. From those who traffic it across the border, to those who sell it, to those who buy it. The whole chain, every one of them are all guilty and complicit in the crimes. The money made on drugs is bloodied and cursed, and all those touching that money are cursed, as well as all those who involve themselves in it. They are all of them alike cursed and guilty of the bloodshed it has resulted in. There are no innocents in the illicit and illegal trade of drugs.

Personally, I don't like most drugs. I've watched people's lives get ruined by coke and opiates, had a good friend go totally bat# #ed from pharmaceutical drugs and generally seen some fairly bad things happen because of them.

But, a lot of this bloodshed you speak of comes directly from them being illegal. People don't tend to kill eachother over purchasing or acquiring legal things, well at least no where near as often, and even the people who end up destroying their own lives would have a better chance at recovery and making things better if they were treated as opposed to arrested and charged.

And honestly, the way things are deemed illegal are completely arbitrary and not really based on any kind of science. There's big problems with completely legal powerful synthetic opiates that are given out like candy by doctors and pharmacists, if you have a bad day and go talk to someone about it you'll likely walk out with a nice prescription for perfectly legal powerful anti-psychotics or other psychotropics.

There's been tons of studies done on the benfits of things like marijuana and even '___', psilocybin and '___' for many of the things these powerful dangerous drugs are prescribed for that are totally ignored.

Oh...and I dunno what Bible you read...but the one I read says god made everything on the earth for us to use...including the plants.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 04:59 PM
link   
I feel like the conviction does more damage to a person than a lot of drugs they're convicted for. I don't think that's justice. We need rehabilitation centers, not prisons.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Trafficking in drugs, including marijuana has caused untold deaths. Everyone involved in it. From those who traffic it across the border, to those who sell it, to those who buy it. The whole chain, every one of them are all guilty and complicit in the crimes. The money made on drugs is bloodied and cursed, and all those touching that money are cursed, as well as all those who involve themselves in it. They are all of them alike cursed and guilty of the bloodshed it has resulted in. There are no innocents in the illicit and illegal trade of drugs.

That's the whole point though. If it wasn't illegal, there wouldn't be a market for illegal drugs. Therefore, no more trafficking, etc. which would cut waaay down on deaths related to drug trafficking.

Buying some marijuana from a licensed dispensary, and then smoking it while binge-ing Netflix is not some illicit criminal activity. It's a decent Tuesday night.

Marijuana and psychedelics aside, there are some pretty nasty drugs out there. But, if we want to truly be a free nation, shouldn't a person be allowed to ingest them, knowing full well that it's going to wreck their system? Alcohol wrecks your body and ruins lives, and it's perfectly legal. Same idea. Same with being free to eat whatever type of diet you want, regardless of the health outcome.

In the immortal words of Ron Swanson: "The whole point of this country is if you want to eat garbage, balloon up to 600 pounds and die of a heart attack at 43, you can! You are free to do so. To me, that’s beautiful."

I'd apply that logic to drugs as well.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   

This a tight line in my opinion. Get busted with a little weed, let the weed be confiscated and let the driver go about his business unless he's driving under the influence. No different than a cop catching you with beer and making you pour it out. But that's where I draw the line. If you have something hardcore like meth or narcotic pills then that's a different story. But I don't think someone should go to jail for a dime bag of weed.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Heck yeah. Man, I gotta say I'm pleasantly surprised by this one.

Looks like this could make some real progress. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

There is no such thing as "victimless" when it comes to drug crimes.

It is because of drugs that so many people turn to a life of crime. It ruins lives, it wreaks havoc on the people who use them, and on the innocent bystanders who have to deal with the tragic results.

Drugs are a scourge on human society. And everyone trafficking in them are guilty of bloodshed.

Guess who 'invented' all the drugs you're concerned about?

Donald Trump?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

There are regulations because it can and does affect other people not just the user.

Do you want your child's teacher to smoke meth? Most likely no...

Do you want to carpool with the guy who is snorting lines of coc aine off his dash board?

Imagine a country where Jim and Jackie Snort shoot up a couple loads, throw their needles down at the park and then take a nice relaxing joy ride down to the movie theater....

No thanks. It's not for the safety of the user, but for the safety of the community they are in.....

A2D

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

I’m all for this but there are somethings to consider here. Every drug besides marijuana is deadly. So legalize it and stop the cartels in their tracks from bringing that crap here. May even have a unseen affect on other dangerous drugs coming into the US.
But yes baby steps to get states to realize how to come up with a solution.

Do you honestly think that's gonna stop the cartels from coming here? You forget that if this is a huge money maker for them, they won't stop. On top of that, anything the government legalizes, they'll regulate, jack the cost up, and before you know it you'll be taking hits from cigaweed with a filter on it. As for the deadly drugs, legalizing them would have a more dangerous outcome than the U.S. if Hillary would have been elected. Terrible terrible terrible terrible idea. If legalizing illegal things were a solution then we wouldn't have laws.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agree2Disagree

There are regulations because it can and does affect other people not just the user.

Do you want to carpool with the guy who is snorting lines of coc aine off his dash board?

Imagine a country where Jim and Jackie Snort shoot up a couple loads, throw their needles down at the park and then take a nice relaxing joy ride down to the movie theater....

No thanks. It's not for the safety of the user, but for the safety of the community they are in.....

A2D

I never said there shouldn't be regulations. I said the drugs themselves, and the act of using, shouldn't be illegal. I wouldn't want my children's teacher to be a raging alcoholic either...but that's legal.

It's perfectly legal to drink a case of beer and get mind-boggingly drunk in the comfort of your own home. But getting behind the wheel of a car...illegal. Rightfully so. I feel that the same should be taken into effect for drugs. I don't think it should be legal for someone to snort lines off the dashboard while driving down the highway, that's insane. But, if someone wants to snort a line while at home on a Friday night...I really don't think that should be illegal.

Wreck your own body as much as you want, just don't let it affect anyone else. I.e. if you want to do coke, by all means go for it. But the second you show up to work, get behind the wheel of a car, etc while under the influence, that's when I have an issue with it. Exactly the same as alcohol.

It should be regulated, and definitely shouldn't be a free-for-all. But getting a decades-long jail sentence for having a little heroin in your house? That's outrageous in my opinion.

If it's no longer illegal, then the stigma will be taken away from it, and rehabilitation centers have an infinitely better chance of succeeding, once people no longer have to worry about going to prison while reaching out for help.
edit on 17-10-2018 by narrator because: wording

edit on 17-10-2018 by narrator because: wording again

edit on 17-10-2018 by narrator because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CosmicAwakening

His statement isn't ignorant. WTF is the problem with letting someone else have a different opinion? You support legalizing for your own reasons, he doesn't for his own reasons. The poster is giving a mature debate and you pop off with some immature crap.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:21 PM
link   
a reply to: The GUT

Until he gets in a room with his closed minded backwoods advisors and they tell him what to think and say. Commen-sense Dems know that Trump has to go.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Exactly

It’s only the low-iq of society who think that legalisation means you’re suddenly allowed to be high all the time.

Alcohol is legal. But not for work. Not for driving.

Maybe meth and coc aine shouldn’t be quite as legal as alcohol but marijuana, of course it should. Alcohol is FAR worse in every measurable aspect than marijuana.

Legislation is the key. Have age limits, have restrictions on driving etc and there’s no reason why drugs can’t be just as legal as alcohol and cigarettes

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:23 PM
link   

a reply to: Sublimecraft

If you mean that some drugs are naturally occurring and thus created by God, that is a given. Many are chemically produced. So man has many of them.

It is interesting to note that the word used for sorcery in the Bible comes from the Greek word pharmakia, and literally translated means druggery.

Just as God created all things. He can also designate the use for them all. Not all plants were created for human use. And the fact that drug-use is so closely related with demonism, and the forbidden should give you the idea of where the practice of illicit drug use got its start, and why it is so harmful. (Of course not all drugs or plants are harmful, or are forbidden to use.)

Your opinion on this is obviously unpopular, but I'm right there with you. Legalizing will only make things worse.

Regarding these plants being a creation from God, so were trees and His son was crucified from the wood of a tree that was his creation so I'm not sure what the point of you being asked that question was.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
When the common-sense Dems start to realize Trump isn't really a "Republican" and has some common sense himself and, yes, compassion, then we can all get on with making things better here and there.

He can certainly be moved by pleas that are logical.

Biggest missed opportunity in US history.

The Dems could have worked with the guy...taken credit by insisting they pushed him to various results...and still criticized him when warranted.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak
Exactly

It’s only the low-iq of society who think that legalisation means you’re suddenly allowed to be high all the time.

Alcohol is legal. But not for work. Not for driving.

Maybe meth and coc aine shouldn’t be quite as legal as alcohol but marijuana, of course it should. Alcohol is FAR worse in every measurable aspect than marijuana.

Legislation is the key. Have age limits, have restrictions on driving etc and there’s no reason why drugs can’t be just as legal as alcohol and cigarettes

You're absolutely right, I agree completely.. I took my generalizing too far, meth is a terrible drug and shouldn't be on the same scale as other recreational drugs. Same with crack, etc.

Speaking in a general sense, having the proper regulations for using drugs, rather than just making all of them illegal, is definitely the correct route to take.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Do you want to carpool with the guy who is snorting lines of coc aine off his dash board?

Dude, I seriously don't think you need to "imagine" any of that... since everything you mentioned is already just a fact of reality.

Making the use of drugs a 'criminal act' doesn't deter that kind of reckless behaviour.... It just creates a lot of other problems on top of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Allaroundyou

The DEA has a whole bundle of statistics. I was recently digging through the numbers and found that since the legalization of marijuana in numerous states, the import of other illicit drugs from across the border has increased.

It doesn't matter what we legalize, the cartels will simply make money off a different product.

A2D

Yep. They'll always find a way to make their money. Maybe building a prison in the middle of Antarctica to house the dangerous ones in will do something positive. They can't escape because they'll die within minutes. South Wales originally used Australia (New South Wales) as a prison because the bad guys would be on an island with no chance for escape. Couldn't make the swim without drowning or becoming fish food.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

I dont see a world where legalizing coc aine, meth, crack, heroin, etc. makes the world a better place...I just don't see it, sorry.

While I do agree some of the sentences are ridiculous and could definitely be reevaluated.... legalization is, imho, not the answer.

A2D

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   
Nevermind
edit on 17-10-2018 by seaswine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join