It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do I stop the persistent page redirection advertisements on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I understand the normal advertisements are revenue.

How do I stop the ad that redirects me to a non-ATS affiliate website every 30 seconds?!??! This is ridiculous. "Congratulations Android user, you won!"

Yeah... I won a page redirection... In the middle of typing a post... And ats doesn't save text fields...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

“ Congratulations lucky Amazon winner!!!”

I know how to do it on a iPhone. Put your device on airplane mode. Then close all pages that are open. After that delete website data and cookies . I’ve had to do it two or three times .

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Pour gasoline on your phone and set it on fire.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Post it here

And SO will look into it and take care of it.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Way past annoying on my well protected Android devices. The problem keeps my site visits down too. I'd bet ATS is losing revenue over this issue.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Yeah those things are annoying, I get those and the ones that block half the page. They usually come in waves, so for about a week ATS is unusable. ATS staff hate people using add blockers but sometimes it’s necessary just to be able to use the website.

I used to get one for “Tuscan Valley Vacations”, some town in Oregon that evidently, is very desperate for visitors. The adds were basically site blockers, they would block content and redirect.

The adds made me hate a town I’ve never seen to the point that I promised never to go there and that if I was forced to pass through the town at anytime I would take that opportunity to start a series of fires.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Have you tried using the Desktop Site option?

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   
On my iPhone i just use the adblock app. Blocks ads from all other apps, not just websites. On PC and Android I use Firefox browser and just install the adblock browser extension. You can install most extensions now on the mobile version it seems, at least on Android.

These companies care not how much work is lost or how much stress it causes people with their extremely intrusive ads. Back in the day, I'd go to a webpage and simply see blocks of ads on the side of the webpage that were relevant to me. They weren't animated, didn't take up resources, didn't redirect me or do other nefarious things. AND, I actually clicked on them!! In fact, I used to click on those ads just to help the people running the website I was on.

These companies are just hurting themselves now days because understandably people now use things like adblock just out of spite to get them back where it hurts. If they would go back to a more simplified system for ads I guarantee people would not use adblock nearly as much, and they wouldn't mind a few simple clicks if they see something that interests them. I will never feel guilty about using ad blockers, especially since the situation is just getting worse and more intrusive.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
I understand the normal advertisements are revenue.

How do I stop the ad that redirects me to a non-ATS affiliate website every 30 seconds?!??! This is ridiculous. "Congratulations Android user, you won!"

Yeah... I won a page redirection... In the middle of typing a post... And ats doesn't save text fields...

Never got them, don't get them...on any type of device...sorry...can't help

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Try using a different internet browser app like 'Brave' instead of browsers like 'Chrome' & use a more secure search engine like duckduckgo instead of google.
edit on 17-10-2018 by JBIZZ because: (no reason given)

top topics

join