It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this Fake News?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Jesus Christ. There really is a Trump Derangement Syndrome.

And it's his supporters who have it.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

They had no real ties I can see other than they bought apartments from Trump in America.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

The last 2 years have been nothing but fixation on almost completely ridiculous things. Trumps taxes, his sex life, his penis size, his skin tone, his hair color...

It's almost like no one even pays attention to policies anymore..

A2D

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

Sorry you bought fake news. Washington Post article even says Trump is correct. He has no interests in SA. He sold them apartments in America years ago.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

The hypocrisy of people pissed at Trump for trading with SA when they didn't give a thought to Obama doing it.

No whataboutism needed here though. Trump did not contradict himself.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

For the record, I have no financial interests in Saudi Arabia

For the record, he doesn't.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

My side?

I am British, dolt. Obama can't be on my side, because he is not on my side of the wealth gap, or the ocean. Way to ignore the reality of the situation and go after non-existent, low hanging fruit.

Honestly, its like trying to play chess with a not particularly prodigious five year old. Raise your game.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   

That's sad, you keep telling you don't care if he lied, he didn't lie and you pull the Obama card. Compulsive Trump defending...

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

It's your side because you support his policies. I agree you should not have a side, but you picked one.

As evidenced by the fact you disregarded the half of my post you don't like.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit
a reply to: Thejoncrichton

No, of course it wasn't.

But guess what? He is not the President now. Its all on Trump. Everything is his fault now, just like the financial crisis was Obama's fault, even though he inherited it, just like the war was Obama's fault, even though he inherited that.

Obama was in no way perfect, and limited in his power because of Republican obstructionist methodologies, only having about a month with a clear shot to get anything through congress in his entire eight year Presidency. He did many things that bare no resemblance to right or proper. But again, he is not the President now, and who is sitting in that office NOW, is all that matters. As I only had to explain to another rampant whataboutist earlier, your argument means nothing, if all you can do is wave the whatabout flag, because in reasoned argument, you might as well be waving a white flag.

Oh come on.. Even Obama blamed everything on Bush. Obama was the biggest whataboutist in the world for both his terms. Its the way of the world. Obama was a hack, gun running communist and if Trump lied like Obama lied, Trump would be impeached by now. You just want to narrow the scope of the thread to this one "lie" which in and of itself is not a lie at all.

To use the words of someone so loved on the left, "What difference does it make at this point anyway?"

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I disregarded it because it was a blatant lie.

I do not go for the low hanging fruit.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 09:56 AM
link   

That's what I thought, no response. Keep living in fantasy land.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Someone please explain this to me. 

President Trump says he has no business with Saudi Arabia, yet there are tons of examples of him 
talking about business with Saudi Arabia. 

Well let's start with the difference between past and present -- whatever business dealings he had in the past are not necessarily the same business dealings today. This is the most/worst I could find:

Trump’s claim is transparently false. As the Washington Post reported in August, the Saudi regime has been pumping money directly into Trump’s pockets through his hotels.

“After two years of decline, revenue from room rentals [at the Trump International Hotel in Manhattan] went up 13 percent in the first three months of 2018,” the Post reported — in large part due to Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s patronage of the hotel during a visit to New York City in which he and his entourage didn’t even end up staying there.

From ThinkProgress

I'm not seeing any conflict of interest there. If there's more, I'm not finding it.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
Jesus Christ. There really is a Trump Derangement Syndrome.

And it's his supporters who have it.

Lemme guess... We're all also racists, homophobes, misogynists, and snowflakes, too, right? I've always found it comical that liberal progressives call their political opponents everything their own party is guilty of. Never fails.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   

But yet you sure love telling Americans all about their politics and politicians. Imagine that.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

I disregarded it because it was a blatant lie.

I do not go for the low hanging fruit.

Maybe Britain can one day have a leader like Trump so he can make Britain great again, mate.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
lol

what a morose group.

ba da da da da i'm lovin it

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I swear I lost IQ points reading this thread. Trump's operative word is *in*:

For the record, I have no financial interests in Saudi Arabia (or Russia, for that matter). Any suggestion that I have is just more FAKE NEWS (of which there is plenty)!

If I open an Italian restaurant and a bunch of Italians come to eat there, does that now mean I have financial interest IN Italy????

Give me a break.

This is how Trump's position against illegal immigration gets converted to he's against ALL immigration...

YAWN.
edit on 17-10-2018 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I keep saying that. I'm told it's a lie but they won't explain how.

posted on Oct, 17 2018 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The intellectual dishonesty I see everyday in the media and on these boards is just astonishing.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join