It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RSI’s Star Citizen

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Is anyone else planning on playing this amazing looking and realistic space exploration game? This looks to be amazing. I just finished my download and am starting out. So far the music, graphics and voice actors are amazing. The game is voiced by stars such as Mark Hamil, Gary Oldman and others.

The game is more or less crowd funded and is still in development, however, it is simply amazing what they have done so far. I would love to hear if others are also following this game?

RSI

wiki

Excerpt from Wiki: Star Citizen is an upcoming massively multiplayer, space trading and combat game developed and published by Cloud Imperium Games for Microsoft Windows. Development of the game began in 2011[3] led by director Chris Roberts, and is being mostly financed from a large crowdfunding campaign. The game's full launch was originally anticipated to be in 2014, but significant expansion of gameplay features have led to postponement. Squadron 42, a single-player story driven game set in the same universe as Star Citizen, is also being developed.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

i pledged 3 years ago still awating my game...... i trust chris roberts but im really starting to get skeptical

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
I’m fairly eager for this as well.
But currently playing Elite Dangerous

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
By the time that game ends up playable it'll be pointless because we'll have real starships...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Cant wait for it to come out as a full game in 2014!
...erm I mean 15..or 16...etc

heh

It got crowdfunded back in 2012 to the tune of 175 million....

So when is their newest for sure gonna be a real game release date? Years coming to an end...

Moral of the story is don't promise the sky, get funded for the sky, then deliver a small patch of dirt.
But I still remain hopeful that one day in the distant future, it will be released as a full game...then I will become excited.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Someone I know has spent a great deal of money buying ships as part of the funding incentives. A LOT of money to my consternation. I'm uncertain as to the extent, but I expect the amount is well over a thousand dollars. That was years ago and still nothing to show for it. One thing I wonder is if it will even be released before it's become somewhat obsolete. Given the scandals surrounding the creator and his personal use of the crowdsourced funds, vs how slowly the game is being developed, I'm not really very hopeful on this person's investment of digital pixels panning out.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Yep

bought it loooong time ago.

In some stupid clan w a dood that bought 10k of ships hah.

think I spent 35?

Got the single player mmo and whatnot psssha.

I'll be out there, waiting to relieve you of your cargo.

Best bring your A game, cuz I'm going HARD AF on release.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Biggest scam in gaming history.

Years of production, 200+ million in crowd funding and THIS is how far they've come? Already asking people to play 27,000 dollars to unlock all spaceships once launched?

If this travesty of a game is ever released, it will be P2W. No thanks.

Ps. I can't believe they actually have the audacity to charge 27 thousand dollars to unlock content for a crowd funded game that has kept them in business and put food on their plates, AND ITS NOT EVEN FINISHED OR CLOSE TO IT! Worst business model ever.

edit on 16-10-2018 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join