It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My family

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nostranova
The dog is a Staffordshire bull terrier.

You are clearly dog-breed ignorant. The Staffie is otherwise known as the "nursery dog", or similar, on account of their child friendliness. Your mother was offended by your lack of tolerance.

I cannot understand why families can be so difficult and fraught. I get on well with the lot of them and we are very close.

Remember it takes two to tango. If you see them so rarely, then perhaps the fault is closer to home.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   
You are allowed to terminate toxic relationships.

You are allowed to walk away from people who hurt you.

You are allowed to be angry, selfish and unforgiving.

You don't owe anyone an explanation for taking care of yourself.

All of my Family have been toxic to me, at 41 am just now breaking free after so much suffering.

Is it me or is it them? Impossible to work out but I do know what toxic feels like.

It's not easy but we only live once so time to build a new life, my way!

edit on 15-10-2018 by mfourl because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: Nostranova
The dog is a Staffordshire bull terrier.

You are clearly dog-breed ignorant. The Staffie is otherwise known as the "nursery dog", or similar, on account of their child friendliness. Your mother was offended by your lack of tolerance.

I didn't say we said no because of the breed. I said we didn't want a dog in our house, which is my choice. My mother objected because she tried to bully her way in and wasn't allowed to.

Would you force your way into someone elses home with a dog when you were clearly told no?

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Just a couple of thoughts.
You're being a big baby. Either you want the relationship(s) and will fight to make things right, or you don't. There are always 3 sides to the story... yours, theirs and the truth. Family issues are tough for sure but either you work through it or you move on.

I lost my mom to a horrible and painful disease 4 years ago, it brought me and my sister closer than ever. Her being 11 years older than me, we finally had a relationship that sisters have. It was awesome for a few years until this past June 31st when she died suddenly and tragically, leaving me essentially alone. My brother and I do talk now and then but it's all fake.. I don't speak to his wife or my nieces. My dad recently got remarried and he's happy, she's nice, but he's doing his own thing. I am married with no children so we kind of get left out of holiday things because everyone else (his sisters) have kids... it's all about them.

So... either deal with it or get the toxic out of your life. The end.

posted on Dec, 1 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   
People who don't have toxic and narcissistic parents/family have no idea what it's like. Example, my MIL stole my wedding gift list from the wedding reception and then lied about it in an attempt to make me look bad. In her mind I would never be able to send out appropriate thank you cards without the list. Our wedding wasn't big, and I pretty much knew who gave us what. So her mean little trick didn't work.

Another example with MIL, She stole a very precious jewelery item of mine that my daughter made for me and cannot be replaced. Again more lies and denial. I still don't have it back. She is also insulting and mean spirited in everything she says. She demands X-mas at her house, but it's awful. My husbands brother always insista on making X-mas breakfast, but then bitches about it until everyone is silent and MIL is crying. The last time I spoke to my BIL he told me that someone "seen" me downtown at bar and was fooling around with some guy. I said it wasn't me. He called me a liar.

We stopped all contact when I daughter was getting married and MIL got all pissed off when she wasn't allowed to take over the planning.

These are just a few examples....there are so many more. I haven't even started on my family's BS.

Read up on Narcissism and you will see what these people are. Good riddance! And don't feel a bit bad throwing them out of your life!

edit on 1-12-2018 by Lynzer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join