It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What the Ancients knew...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth
Sometimes i feel the earth may have once been a technological place but was 99% wiped out and humans are slowly rebuilding.

May have even happened a few times.

Knowledge and Technology are two very separate entities in my mind. I think in the past we had a much greater understanding of our place in the Universe and world around us. Things like [explosive technology] + Internal combustion engine, would have been ruled out as being too destructive to our environment. Let's use the Horse instead.

But we've "Progressed" into a more technical age. Yes, it has improved our lifestyles on many levels but it also has a debt to be paid.

Believe it or not.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Assassin82

My favorite is the age of the Egyptian Empire. It seems that with each passing day/month/year we are given new facts and understandings about it. I'm of the belief that the Sphinx is thousands of years older than many assume and indicative of a civilization that thrived before some cataclysmic event. Joe Rogan's podcast with Graham Hancock and Randall Carlson provides some wonderful evidence on this viewpoint.

Encoding.

Of all the presently [known] Ancient monuments that we have to Analise with our modern technological gadgetry. Two stick out. The Great Pyramid of Giza and Stonehenge. It's not just the scale or material use that we should be impressed with. It's all the knowledge encoded in the designs themselves. Distance from the Earth to the moon, Diameter of the Planet, Its orientation to true or original Earths positioning

Etc Etc Etc

All of that from people wearing loin clothes eh?

There's a lot to be discovered....I can't wait to see where it all goes. Thanks for putting together another solid post!

I totally agree, Thanks for taking the time to provide the video. I'll check it out

edit on 14-10-2018 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It's a three and a half hour podcast. But it's interesting enough that you may binge through the whole thing. Make sure you've got some free time before clicking the play button.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: dashen

And Draco winds thru them all

Ahhhh Draco

"head of the serpent"
Draco the dragon: Long-period comets have highly eccentric orbits and periods ranging from 200 years to thousands of years

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: surfer_soul
a reply to: Klassified

To me that picture Slayer posted of the Sphinx before all the repair work was undertaken proves the head is not contemporary with the body. Just look at the erosion on the body compared to the face. The face is clearly much less eroded apart from the nose which was probably vandalised.

Whatever it was originally is anyone’s guess but I think it must have altered at some point.

At this point, I think it's a given the present head is not contemporary with the body. I don't know that we can prove what the original face was, but I think we can and have narrowed it down to a few good possibilities, either of which I think fit in with Slayers line of thinking for the OP.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

All of that from people wearing loin clothes eh?

Anyone still thinking along these lines hasn't been paying attention to the discoveries made in just the past decade.

More and more I think a picture is emerging of a pre-(double?)cataclysm civilization that was advanced in a whole different way than we are. They were masters at working with stone, as well as mathematics. Incredible polygonal stonework across the world mixed with more contemporary and much less capable stonework. Not to mention recent discoveries in the Ural mountains...

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodworth

I still can't buy the theory that we were technologically advanced in our history. Not to the point where we are now. We would find -something-... not nothing. Something would become well preserved and we'd say "Huh.. circuit boards?" No roads, metals, plastic, loose bolts, engines, radio towers, vehicles, on and on it goes. In even 5 millions years, someone will find something (or many things) from this era, preserved somewhere. We can find soft tissue from dinosaurs from 75 million years ago. Yet we can't find a single item from an advanced, technological civilization in our history? I don't buy that.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
upload.wikimedia.org...

I drive past this statue of Aquarius the Water Bearer almost everyday.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Nice thread and no trying to be funny but you missed the period between year 2000 and 2100, and i thought we don't know when Aquarius starts, cheers. Maybe we are in default period lol.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Assassin82

I've watched that podcast several times before. It's a good one and I believe they're on to something. Ancient super civilisations got f#cked up by a massive catastrophe. Hancock thinks it was a comet hit or partial hit.

The biblical flood myth doesn't seem so mythical when you see the evidence these guys present. Randall Carlson is awesome.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
Nice thread and no trying to be funny but you missed the period between year 2000 and 2100, and i thought we don't know when Aquarius starts, cheers. Maybe we are in default period lol.

Transition period?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I'm not sure if this is useful or not, but a topic I've been reading about lately:

www.livescience.com...

Most of the alternative history people on this forum are aware that the ice age ended about 12,000 years ago, and caused water levels to rise, which covered up the older coastline.

However, something else interesting happened after that near Egypt. Apparently about 10,500 years ago, the Sahara stopped being a desert. It started getting rainfall and for the next 4,000 years it was actually pretty habitable, until around 6,000 years ago the rains slowly stopped, and the Sahara gradually returned to being the desert we know it as today around 5,500 years ago.

The article notes that this coincides with the rise of Pharaonic society, as the remaining population retreated to the Nile Valley.

Just something that might give perspective to the progress of things. It's not really evident that humanity caused the rain to start or stop. It's just some kind of cycle that happens in that area. Some of the sand of the Sahara is dated at over million years old, so it's clear the area has gone through desertification many times over a long history.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

Awesome, A few years back I did a piece here at ATS on that very topic. I concur totally

Forgotten Human History

What would a greener North Africa look like?

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
What if...
We have the timeline wrong?

Don't forget that the Catholic Inquisition destroyed anything that didn't agree with them.
edit on 14-10-2018 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: CryHavoc

Chinese Emperors collecting scrolls and destroying them and then rewriting their history, The Inquisition, The sacking and burning of Alexandrian Library, The Priests burning the Mayan Codecs, etc etc etc...

Here's an interesting read.
Enjoy

The Destruction of Human History....

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Assassin82

I've watched that podcast several times before. It's a good one and I believe they're on to something. Ancient super civilisations got f#cked up by a massive catastrophe. Hancock thinks it was a comet hit or partial hit.

The biblical flood myth doesn't seem so mythical when you see the evidence these guys present. Randall Carlson is awesome.

I personally lean toward Graham and Randall's take of the Cataclysmic events of approximately 12,800 years ago, but I think Robert Schoch's explanation is worth looking at... Plasma, solar outbursts, and the end of the last ice age

Also worth looking at is a warming event at the end of the younger dryas around 11,500 years ago. When you take the beginning and end of this 1300 year period, you get a picture that I think explains much, and why Graham calls us a species with amnesia.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 09:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: SLAYER69
a reply to: Klassified

Hey, long time no see

Yes, this forum is for speculative topics. I appreciate your contribution. I'm checking out the provided info/link

So good to see you still posting threads Slayer. And glad you posted this one. It's something I've been looking into more lately, and it was already on my mind.
edit on 10/14/2018 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 04:52 AM
link   
a reply to: zandra

S&F ... Love the title of this thread, John.

Was bouncing around with an image search of the Chauvet Cave. Came across this Link. Just goes to show how wrong science can be with their suppositions. 97% of scientists agree ...

The ancients knew. We speculate a lot.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   

You have no idea how many of your ideas and posts resonate with me brother; especially this one and the holographic universe, or simulated reality...

I feel as if I know how all of this will play out and honestly it scares the hell out of me someday's looking around and realizing that most people alive today may not make it to 2045, and those who do will be living in a very different world than those of us today...

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

The article notes that this coincides with the rise of Pharaonic society, as the remaining population retreated to the Nile Valley.

Just something that might give perspective to the progress of things. It's not really evident that humanity caused the rain to start or stop.

Interesting, we know trees cause rainfall and they very well may have just deforested the area similar to what we are doing now. Still its most likely cyclic as you say .

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join