It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DaVinci's Mona Lisa

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Was the Mona Lisa actually Leonardo's apprentice and possible male lover?
news.artnet.com...

It seems that ephebophilia was pretty common back then.
I mean females could be married at 12, and the average lifespan wasn't that long.

These very effeminate men Michelangelo and Da Vinci liked aren't my cup of tea, but I guess just as with the "Last Supper" imagery one could make interpretations of certain transgender codes in the imagery.

That is we might interpret some of the men as women, and some of the women as men.
In a wider context they are often truly non-binary depictions.

While it could be argued that the renaissance was nothing but a revolution of gay men, no doubt everything had to be coded, considering that Da Vinci was flogged for being gay when he was 24, and the death sentence could still be imposed.

edit on 7-1-2022 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Guyfriday
Here's an interesting (very) BBC documentary about the several Mona Lisa's.

Rainbows
Jane

posted on Jan, 7 2022 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: watersabove

I saw the Mona Lisa in 2018. It was crazy how many people were around that one painting. I was able to get to the front and take my own selfie from afar. I will say I was a bit disappointed when I saw it, small but still neat to see something like that.

I preferred the Venus de Milo and Psyche Revived by Cupids Kiss statues. I took pics of those that I will have put on canvas for my walls.

I found this at the Library of Congress. I can't get images to work since I am on my work computer.

They have been asking about her smile since 1931
Mona Lisa Missing Smile 1931

Mona Lisa
Image is from a newspaper from 1922

Here is another
Mona Lisa Article 1914

And another
Mona Lisa article 1910

You can search any year you want. I love The Library of Congress online portal.

I dont feel anything nefarious is going on. She has been stolen before so who knows if the real one is actually in The Louvre, they would never tell us if it was a fake anyway. You can compare earlier images on the links I gave with current images. I always look for online articles not images.

<< 1   >>

join