It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chemtrails, contrails or just aliens? UFO stuns onlookers across China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:12 PM
link   

I am not sure what it is but it sure looks cool!

A mysterious UFO was captured on film by stunned onlookers across China on Thursday evening, in what appears to be the result of some high-altitude aircraft activity.
Residents of Beijing, Shanxi province and Inner Mongolia posted their reported ‘sightings’ of the unusual flight pattern on Chinese social media.
Chinese media were quick to dismiss the mesmerising images as nothing more than trails left by high-altitude aircraft, as was the case in previous cases across the globe.
link

Not sure if I buy the "trails left by aircraft" explanation.

Any thoughts on this phenomenon?
Quad

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
That almost looks like some sort of Rocket trail, possibly formed by a malfunction in a stage coming off. I wonder if that was from some sort of test.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Missile plume maybe. It looks cool whatever it is. 😎

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:33 PM
link   

It's a rocket plume. China has been testing a ballistic missile interceptor. They've had several tests this year so far.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Yep.

Another " Norway Spiral ".

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:37 PM
link   

See all the nearly exact same pics or clips from the US which are just rocket tests or launches.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
First thing I thought when I saw that video was malfunctioning rocket booster.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Its quite obviously a Chinese lantern.

Its actually pretty amazing I have seen videos of those in America in Brazil, on the Moon, a few on mars I think. But I have never actually seen a video of a Chinese lantern in China. Must be one of them upgraded Chinese lanterns, you know the ones that are propelled by swamp gas.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:47 AM
link   

I've been reading posts and replies on this site for almost 10 years now. I finally created an acount, and wanted to share this link.

I think it's a plausible explanation, as much as originally hoped it was more...

metro.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Nicholas3

Good find, and welcome to the boards!

originally posted by: abe froman

Yep.

Another " Norway Spiral ".

Please don't p*ss in my Cornflakes - that one was definitely an interdimensional portal, for sure,

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yup, looks like a rocket careening

Betcha Slim Pickins is driving that sucker....mud be drunk....it's porposing on him......wait there, he got it goin straight now

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Nicholas3

So much wrong in that article, but it may have been a glide vehicle test. They have been dropping a number of different configurations from high altitude balloons lately.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
It looks like it might be similar to the recoverable rocket that space-X is using. The rocket looks like it is hovering in one spot for quite a long time. IDK if that is/was intentional and they were seeing if they could get the rocket to basically hover vertically in one spot, possibly before descending/landing. It is pretty interesting and if they are trying to make a rocket "hover" (maintain same altitude/position) then I think that is pretty impressive. Does anyone know if the US has done anything like that (besides a controlled descent/recoverable landing). I guess hovering is basically what the Space-X rocket has to do right before it touches down, so this could be what they are shooting for.?

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:35 PM
link   
neither, thats a missile/rocket malfunction, its almost a matter of time that mr oberg will come here explaining what launch it was

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: humanoidlord

That's not a malfunction, it's normal with rockets when they get high enough to be in the sun.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord
neither, thats a missile/rocket malfunction, its almost a matter of time that mr oberg will come here explaining what launch it was

DEFINITELY of high interest to me. It would help enormously if observers in different cities would provide compass azimuth to the apparition so we could triangulate.

My draft report on a very similar launch summer 2017. It was seen by a Dutch airliner crew over western China and photographed by many Chinese observers also. July 23, 2017, 10:15 PM local time [14:15 GMT].
jamesoberg.com...

April 27, 2018
jamesoberg.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: humanoidlord

My VERY initial observation on THIS video is that the ruddy portion of the trail is the lowest, showing sunrise at altitude, and the white trail is is higher, in full sunlight. So the image tells me the object is moving AWAY from Beijing and getting lower in the sky only due to perspective.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

the shape of it isn't a tadpole (see the space X launches) so it was very likely a malfunction

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

its more than likely one of those test hypersonic missiles zaphod was talking about

top topics

join