It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tech stock sell offs are due to insider knowledge of a EMP attack.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Clearly i cant post any links it's not like the subject matter is advertised, but i firmly believe this subject matter goes to the heart of what above top secret is all about.
So here we go.
The hoardes of shares being sold at the moment of course are predominantly i.t, the amount of ofloads has as we know put us in the red and it looks like despite a very brief retrieve its quite possibly going to hit red again.
Why would anyone in their right mind sell of these shares which humanity has grown to value and love to the tune of unspeakable crazy amounts of cash.
The more the population grows the more people you would see engaging in these companies the higher their values climb. Its basic.
Seems to me the one thing these companies and the internet itself has in common is their reliability on satellites, no satellites =no Internet = no information sharing=no early warning systems=no early launch defence systems =no social media and no crypto= last but certainly not least ZERO VALUE IN I.T STOCK.
I can think of no other reason why anyone with these shares would want to ofload.
What do you think?, would they get inside info from wherever of the possible imminentcy of such a event.
$200 million and counting! Seems like a trigger to me. We all know financial reasons are always a precursor to invasion/war.

+10 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Maybe it's because Facebook, Google and Twitter have turned in to a political (Democrat/SJW) tool and are censoring content?

ETA like this,

Facebook And Twitter Ban Popular Independent Media Sites In Coordinated Purge

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-10-2018 by Aallanon because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:30 PM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

Possibly because silicon valley has started the widespread banning of Conservative voices and anyone with two brain cells to rub together can see the government intervention coming.

Or Hey! It could be the next Carrington Event.

I'm going to go with the former, thank you.

Nice theory though!!!
edit on 12-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I see it more like a controlled selloff, dropping some key share prices by selling like crazy and then coming back to buy em back at a bargain. Like... what else is new?

-boom-
edit on 12-10-2018 by charlyv because: content

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
If something like you are proposing actually happened the last thing I would be worried about is my stock portfolio.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

I see it as the way it has always been.

Most of us will never be privy to the shenanigans of the top 10 that run the world.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:41 PM
link   

no satellites =no Internet = no information sharing=no early warning systems=no early launch defence systems =no social media and no crypto= last but certainly not least ZERO VALUE IN I.T STOCK.

satellites =no Internet would be devastating to all modern Businesses not just IT.

If there was insider knowledge of an EMP attack that knocked out the internet you'd see selling off of everything.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

Yes true but, im thought provoking here.
Thats all, sometimes it pays to see the forest not just the trees.
Lets face it its a distinct possibility.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   
If the EMP is strong enough, all those dollars will only be worth their weight in firewood. Granted, that would be more worth than being in stocks, but the real gauge would be to observe the people involved.

If they're using the money to buy huge amounts of survival supplies, you have your answer.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Very true, once it became general knowledge and not just the privy of the exceedingly rich few.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   
a reply to: ALSTA

All sectors took a hit.

That being said we're talking about a 1-2%~ loss.

Why would anyone do an EMP attack that would declare an obvious antagonist when hackers could just run a muck on infrastructure?

Something with the same impact could be done by someone with the knowhow to ward off absolute fault.

The stock market has been propped by superficial low interest rates. The fed did what they should have done years ago and raised interest rates, and indicated more raises are to come.

We can keep printing money to cut purchasing power and hide true growth behind debt, or we could plan for our future.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Dude......the timing

Black Monday time ya know....but this

Israel is goin war over there.....we don't hear.....gotta look at Jerusalem post.....the wall got blown a hole in it 20 hours ago

The perps rushed the idf compound or tried......all attackers went to alla posthaste permy like !!

The trading instrument gbpjpy.....tells the tale historically 20 minutes before the equity market....did in Aug 16 2008

It's been whacky all week and finished off tanking.....Monday will tell us.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Israel at war is about as newsworthy as America at war.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: caterpillage
If the EMP is strong enough, all those dollars will only be worth their weight in firewood. Granted, that would be more worth than being in stocks, but the real gauge would be to observe the people involved.

If they're using the money to buy huge amounts of survival supplies, you have your answer.

A real EMP attack is likely to damage a small quadrant of the states and be fixed in a few weeks; you could see them sell now and make crazy profit because AFTER an emp attack, stocks in those companies would drop, and you'd get the same shares back at pennies on the dollar and you'd collect a free fortune.

Makes perfect logical sense, except; if that insider information leaked out to someones [plural] we'd see other business not heavily related doing the same thing as stocks would sell off and plummet when they fail to deal with the crisis in a timely manner.

If you see only IT, it's because IT is about to get rocked by the government for censoring and squelching opinions and essentially arresting the media it disagrees with.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   
What a time to only have two face chords of firewood for the winter. I need to get a few more face chords delivered or I won't be able to burn any till Valentines day.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Agree but for what reason is the whole subject matter. However seems extremely risky to the original holders as they may not retrieve what they once had in totality, these shares are the absolute top shelf like need a ladder to get so why take the risk unless the outcome is greatly uncertain.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Intervention or not continuinity of these companies is a certainty, no matter the damage control people would continue to use and adapt whatever the changes
As a social base for interaction their value at such a time despite what might seem like being under attack is something i think a smart investor would sit on knowing that continuinity would prevail, a selloff would for short term gain present to much risk.
As in this case the opposite applies in that quantity is better than quality in a medium thats rampantly used worldwide.
edit on 12-10-2018 by ALSTA because: Errors and refinement

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The Stock Market rises up and crashes down. This is what it has done since it has been around.
Without any other info , proof, knowledge and being a huge fan of Occam I'm going to go with what is normal is acting normal. Sort of like Hurricanes occurring during Hurricane season are not an indication of something nefarious.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ALSTA
a reply to: Lumenari

Intervention or not continuinity of these companies is a certainty, no matter the damage control people would continue to use and adapt whatever the changes
As a social base for interaction their value at such a time despite what might seem like being under attack is something i think a smart investor would sit on knowing that continuinity would prevail, a selloff would for short term gain present to much risk.
As in this case the opposite applies in that quantity is better than quality in a medium thats rampantly used worldwide.

Guess you are missing the part where all of them are based in the USA and are going to be subject to regulation soon.

Unless you see Silicon Valley moving to Singapore soon?

Think it through... the right way.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 11:02 PM
link   
You have to realize, the high roller, high frequency algorithm players make money when the market rises and also makes money when the market falls. They plan and instigate market corrections when every penny the poor common investors have have to invest is in then the market manipulators crash the market.

Face the facts, the market is rigged to beat you and me out of our hard earned cash. Only the savvy will recognize when to get in or out in time to profit. Keep a close eye on your 401K and get out when the getting is good.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join