It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oopps they did it again.Air India scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Its all good,a bit of speed tape and some rivets..

Chennai: A Dubai-bound Air India plane flew for three hours with extensive damage to its body after hitting a wall during take-off from Trichy in Tamil Nadu late last night. The pilots, apparently unaware of the damage to the Boeing 737 aircraft, reported that "all systems were functioning normally", but the flight was diverted to Mumbai anyway as precaution.

www.ndtv.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blackfinger

Chennai: A Dubai-bound Air India plane flew for three hours with extensive damage to its body after hitting a wall during take-off from Trichy in Tamil Nadu late last night. The pilots, apparently unaware of the damage to the Boeing 737 aircraft, reported that "all systems were functioning normally", but the flight was diverted to Mumbai anyway as precaution.

www.ndtv.com...

Well, that's him flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog turds from now on

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

www.ndtv.com...

Of course no other country has air scares?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Lagomorphe

When you suddenly have a middle class capable of flying, and an aviation industry that expands as fast as the Indian industry did, you tend to have more if them, and worse scares than other countries.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: nelloh62

www.ndtv.com...

Well, that's him flying a cargo plane full of rubber dog turds from now on

Ah one of my favorites, Air America.
Apparently the Indians apply the “rubbin’s racin’” school of thought. Bumper jumbos anyone?

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Blackfinger

Unbelievable!

Pretty amazing that thing didn't peel open like a banana at cruise!

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:50 AM
link   
How did the landing gear miss the wall?

Captain Babu, now in the Ding Bang Ow club.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 08:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
a reply to: Blackfinger

Unbelievable!

Pretty amazing that thing didn't peel open like a banana at cruise!

After seeing the pictures I'm amazed as well

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   
They just have to construct obstructions.....if the decorater in charge wants a fence off the end of the runway......can it be just a Pickett jobby....please, from now on

Like the water tank at DFW flight 95 hit.....initially DFW was voted the safest regional airport in the world.....then they built the water tanks right in close to rnwy 18 left.....I went to flight school with the manager who was imported from new york....to run the new airport....way back huh!! I'm old

We hunted rabbits there before it was built....and took Lenny my girlfriend there at night to get it on
edit on 12-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well, something equally amazing in this story is the fact they have a brick wall in what would ordinarily be considered the Obstacle Free Zone (OFZ) of the ILS runway! And a brick wall doesn't not meet the "frangible NAVAID" criteria!

I mean look, you can see the wall right in the middle of the approach lighting equipment and antennas.

It's crazy the aviation authority would even certify the runway at all.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk
Well, something equally amazing in this story is the fact they have a brick wall in what would ordinarily be considered the Obstacle Free Zone (OFZ) of the ILS runway! And a brick wall doesn't not meet the "frangible NAVAID" criteria!

I mean look, you can see the wall right in the middle of the approach lighting equipment and antennas.

It's crazy the aviation authority would even certify the runway at all.

Apparently, the aviation authority is also a victim of the rapid expansion of the Indian aviation industry. Having some experience with Indian bureaucracy, the brick wall will be replaced with steel reinforced concrete for easier and less expensive repair in the future.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk
Its India, seriously what did you expect? Whilst you can indeed write some of these things off as rapid expansion in a growing economy, or that this happens in other places, the sheer volume and types of incidents they have all the time are mind boggling. My own personal experience with Air India is that they tend to set a high benchmark for incompetence. This is also reflected in the absolutely terrible crash record of the Indian Air force, even after you take into account some of the aircraft types they are using, and you cant so easily write that off to a rapidly expanding force more like collapsing force, case in point the MMRCA debacle. As for this clown, fire him as an example to the others, that tends to work for a while.

edit on 13-10-2018 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: thebozeian

No, you can't write it all off as rapid expansion, but that plays a pretty big role in what happened to their commercial aviation industry. When you add the issues that they have with corruption, and the attitudes they have towards social structure, I'm honestly surprised they haven't had more planes crash than they have so far.

top topics

join