It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AI's effect on the Economy

page: 1

join
share:
J_3

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:39 AM
link   
When "science" develops artificial intelligence, what purpose would/could it serve? My first thought is to work in mans place. That is what most of us imagine I think. But my question is, what would this mean for the economy? How would a modern economy function when business could fill there staff with a single payment for a load of AI. Any body have any thoughts?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
I suggest the world adopt the Global Resource Bank's definition of economics, which is based on the products of nature and not the products of labor.

Introduction:

The evils of poverty and pollution are interrelated consequences of an economic system that exploits nature and humans alike. With each recurring international monetary crisis, political upheaval, act of terrorism, famine and war, the need for an alternative system becomes more apparent. The Global Resource Bank is a world central bank that supports a prosperous global society. The Bank produces a commodity-based currency that integrates civilization with Earth's natural environment. Global Resource Bank shareholders define economics as the science that deals with the production, distribution and conservation of Earth's ecoproduct wealth such as air, water, soil, climate and biological diversity. The Bank issues ecocredit, a global currency that values ecoproducts.

I cordially invite members to review the Global Resource Bank Charter at www.grb.net

John Pozzi

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Look at robotics in auto production - took the drudgery out of many tasks but also displaced a lot of worker bees. Double edged sword - for each task moved to an AI there will be people displaced. Displaced people are not happy people - Spielberg's AI had a pretty good example of that very fact as did Asimov before him in print....

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I've said it before, I'll say it again...

AI is a BAD idea...

1. Even if you ascribe something akin to Aasimov's laws, you still leave it open for it to "evaluate" the worth of those laws.
2. They'll (correctly) figure out that the single greatest threat to their existance and dominance is man.
3. They'll logically then conclude that man is obsolete and must be eliminated for the "greater good"

Bad, bad, bad...

Corny as it was.....Skynet is the likely scenario.....(Terminator movies)...

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Something about August 29, 1997 - oops we missed it or was it July 24, 2004, damn we missed that one too.... When are these pesky robots going to revolt now anyway..??

I keep hearing the NWO nutballs screaming that Hollywood is their propaganda machine so are they or aren't they??

new topics

top topics

join