It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's the little things that count

page: 1

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Hi all, just a quick one,

It's 3:45am here and I've just woken up on the sofa (long day yesterday), and this note had been left for me on the table by my daughter, she's only nine,

The little things really do count, treasure them - I'll treasure this little note forever

edit on 10/10/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/10/2018 by MerkabaTribeEntity because: I should go back to sleep lol

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

So true!

Made me smile. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
That was cute what did you do chuckle , laugh or a big grin?

People that don’t have children have no idea what they’re missing. ( grandkids are even better )

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 11:36 PM
link   
LOL! Adorable! Certainly made me smile.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 12:04 AM
link   
This needs to be in this thread just so older folks can remember.

Of course, back in the day, playgrounds were playgrounds, not the cotton wool versions they have now.

P

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

Wonderful!
Ah, to be a kid again and so carefree.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:17 AM
link   
That made me smile while waiting for my lift to work on a misty grey day!
I have a shoebox full of stuff like that, my son is nearly 21 now...I rummage through it every now and then if I need a smile.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Awesome. My daughter is 6 and she draws or paints me pictures every day. I love them. She signs them with her first and last name. I guess so I know for sure they're from her.

She has been drawing a lot of comic strips for me and they're real good. Those little thought bubbles or whatever they're called.

She has the 2x2 canvases that we are going to collage up. I pulled up a Pollack and she painted it. I'm going to have her to the scream and starry night and a Dali and Mona Lisa and hand them all up. Maybe her copy of 10 famous paintings.
I think that would be cool

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 05:35 AM
link   

My daughters, now 21 and 18 will sometimes say "Mom why do you save all of that stuff from when we were younger?"
I say because it is special to me and makes me happy, memories.

I figure they will understand one day.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:05 AM
link   
These are little thing that should be cherished and kept for "future reference". Kids are so innocent and it's sad they have to grow up. If my daughter or sons, in their 40s, ever play up I fetch out all the little thing like that and old photos to "bring them back down to earth". Works a treat. Oh, and a good laugh at the same time.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   
I have one of those that's very precious to me. Mine has dysgraphia, so when I found a note that reads "I love you mommy" on the old notebook I keep open on my desk, I didn't get upset. I know how much he hates writing and how hard those four words were for him to write (and they're misspelled and barely legible). So I cherish it because he spontaneously did it by himself.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown

That was cute what did you do chuckle , laugh or a big grin?

It put a huge smile on my face, stuff like that always does

I probably have more notes and drawings from my kids in my wallet than I do money and business cards, lol

People that don’t have children have no idea what they’re missing.

Having kids was definitely life-changing, for sure. Truth be told, it scares me to think where or who I'd be today if it wasn't for them and my partner,

( grandkids are even better )

I'm looking forward to that myself, just not too soon hopefully

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Not all treasure glistens like gold,

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
just like my niece. i dont know why these little ones like to write notes so much. i already have a box full of them and she is ten. all of them saying the same thing mostly. aunt i love you, my sweet aunt i love you..my cute aunt i love you, i love you. i am glad you are my aunt love you, i love you happy birthday.it is madness.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Damla

I used to get notes from my niece too, but they were all addressed to 'Uncle Poo-Head' lol

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

haha.
no you arent that bad

new topics

top topics

join