It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazon prime will they break the wheel of time

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Ok,so a WOT series is on the way from Amazon and Sony,but will they do it right?HBO has done a good job with Game of Thrones,especially the first couple of seasons.On the other hand,Legand of the Seeker and Shannara Chronicles were not very good,terrible to be honest.Harriet Macdougal will be involved with WOT so lets hope they stay true to the series as much as possible.I think casting Sam Elliot as Thom Merrilyn would be a good fit,right age and a storytalers voice.Moraine and Lan?Really going to be interesting to see if they can do as well as GOT,just hope they don`t screw one of my favorite stories up as bad as legend of the Seeker turned out.Please,please,stick to the story!If they don`t,I hope a band of trollocks catch them and a fade entertains itself with them for months Edits because I don`t spell good while drinking,lol
edit on 9-10-2018 by ridgerunner because: spelling

edit on 9-10-2018 by ridgerunner because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-10-2018 by ridgerunner because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: ridgerunner

I'll definitely give it a shot. But I'm skeptical, I think it's just too big to do it justice.

Maybe the first few books, but after the Stone of Tear there's too much going on for them to do it right.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Just because the Shanarra Chronicles were so horrendous(still better than twilight), I know this will be just as bad.

Get ready for race/gender musical chairs!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Yeah,pretty sure we`ll be disappointed.At least we won`t have high expectations

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I think it's a tough series to do justice with. When we read our favorite stories, we narrate them ourselves ad form the images of the characters as to how we see them, so not everyone will be happy.

While I enjoyed the books, it is a very long series, a world so detailed that too much will be left out all together, and even more will be left on the cutting room floor.

Hopefully, they have a big enough budget to tell the story and do so without rewriting it, as Hollywood so often does, and what a political nightmare it could be if they delve into that too much.

I will look forward to it, to see how they handle it but my expectations will not be high.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:56 AM
link   
They have a LOT of material to work with at least but can easily skip a huge chunk of threads in the middle of the series. That being said it would be very easy to screw up by trying to do too deep, we can only hope they do a half decent job. At least we live in a time now where CGI effects are something special and won't make this series look like a gimmick (unless they screw those up) but any time in the past if they tried to pull this series off I feel it would not have been possible or looked terrible.

Once Chronicle of Riddick came out any time I read any of the last few books I always put Karl Urban's face on Lan, I think he would be perfect. He can pull off that stoic warrior feeling incredibly well. As for the rest of the casting, that is a heck of a long list, I would hate to have to do it.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Meh...I dunno I couldn't keep going on the wheel of time. I stopped after book 11 years ago. It was just too much...after that one book that was like 1200 pages but only covered a few days or weeks or something...just no...it's just too much. The malazan book of the fallen series would be cool to see made though or i've always wanted to see some of Michael Moorcock's series done well. The elric or corum books would be awesome.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Oh wow!! Really? I haven’t heard about this. Can’t wait.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   

HEY!
I loved Legend of the Seeker!!!
It helps massively tho if you didn't read the books first I didn't.

It'd be great if someone did a series on David Eddings books.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Caver78 If they did Eddings right it`d be pretty good.Glen Cooks Black Company series would be awesome if done well.Hollywood tends to mess up all good fantasy stories though.Look how many Tarzan movies they`ve made and not one has been true to ERB`s stories,though Greystoke did come fairly close.As highly popular as GOT and the Lord Of The Rings movies have been they should realize we want the stories followed as close as possible.

posted on Oct, 14 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   

You have a PM, ridgerunner. Please check it out and click on the letter icon in the upper right corner of the page, near the search button.

posted on Oct, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You have another PM, ridgerunner. Check this out, please.

posted on Nov, 26 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think you guys might like this news article.

thehardtimes.net...

Coomba98

posted on Jan, 27 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I think WoT would have been better off as an animated series similar to Avatar/Korra. Channeling and ageless Aes Sedai faces will otherwise be hard to pull off with CGI without looking cheesy.

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Ooh exciting! One of my all time favorites

posted on Aug, 10 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: coomba98

🤪🤔👊

new topics

top topics

join