It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I respect the members of ATS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Time after time, in thread after thread we are constantly having our views challenged. Yet we come back to discuss again and again.

If we look to the social interactions of today, we often do not argue beliefs face to face so we can maintain a sense of decency to the conversation as well as decorum to the situation.

However the members lean, the fact that posters are welcome to espouse their beliefs (within the T&Cs) I feel makes ATS one of the best sites I have had the privilege of being a member of.

For those of you who feel you are in the minority posting here, please keep posting. Ideas can only work when challenged by others who disagree.
For those of you who feel you are in the majority here, please listen to the reasoning behind the disagreement offered.

As the site is user generated, if you feel you need support don't hesitate to invite your friends to join.

For the mods and admin. Thank you for the neutral space. And thank you for the thankless job you do.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

I respect many of the posters here.
Mostly because they are at the very least informed on the subjects they are talking about.
I dont always agree but I know they are not clueless.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Exactly. We are those who are not spoon fed what is going on in the world. At least those of us that last over a few years.
More importantly we are those who seek to learn more about a situation rather than accept the official version.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I may not always know what I'm talking/ posting about..

But I'm usually quick to admit when I am wrong, or am quick to apologize or forgive.

Hopefully that counts for something!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:31 PM
link   

I am often humbled by many posters here: Rickymouse, Phage (pre politics), Slayer69, Db and Augustus ( cause Ive never had a dungeon), Harte (gentleman is brilliant), Schuyler (just a more logical person than me by far).

Yeah this site has evolved for pretty near 2 decades and 2 avatars with me, 1 lib and young, one center right and much wiser.

For what its worth, not a bad place to spitwad a wall.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I am often humbled by many posters here: Rickymouse, Phage (pre politics), Slayer69, Db and Augustus ( cause Ive never had a dungeon), Harte (gentleman is brilliant), Schuyler (just a more logical person than me by far).

Yeah this site has evolved for pretty near 2 decades and 2 avatars with me, 1 lib and young, one center right and much wiser.

There are many more than those you enumerate, I expect there will be many more to follow.
We all leave a legacy on here, and I hope most will be proud of their posts. I can think of some posters who have decided to remove themselves, who I miss. But as long as we have individuals willing for respectful debate, we have a great opportunity to discuss and understand.

Hanslune is on par with Harte. They make the trifecta with Byrd for Ancient.

edit on 8-10-2018 by randomtangentsrme because: Look over there, see that thing? post in time

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

originally posted by: BlueJacket

There are many more than those you enumerate, I expect there will be many more to follow.
We all leave a legacy on here, and I hope most will be proud of their posts. I can think of some posters who have decided to remove themselves, who I miss. But as long as we have individuals willing for respectful debate, we have a great opportunity to discuss and understand.

Hanslune is on par with Harte. They make the trifecta with Byrd for Ancient.
absolutely, I wasnt intimating a definitive list as much as making some examples.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Yep, we're all the intellectual elite around here because we post stuff. Regardless of what it is.

But thanks. I for one deserve your respect even if I don't feel I have earned it.

Dunno about anyone else but these threads always make me feel validated when they pop up!!!

new topics

top topics

join