It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you really want the United States to be ruled by Conservative Trump style Republicans ?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:57 PM
link   
a reply to: AlienView
Hell yes.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: sooth
The other day I said I was considering voting for Trump in 2020 because the left had gone completely off the rails. As soon as I hit reply I threw up in my mouth a little. Then I started thinking, the time has never been more right for a third party movement. A moderate third party movement. In the past when we tried to go third party is was always some fringe group that was a little too far to move for most centrists, so they always stayed marginalized and never gained any ground on the two major parties.

Now, however, it is the two major parties themselves that have moved too far toward the extremes and are essentially marginalizing themselves. So that begs the question - why don't the people who are slightly left of center and the people slightly right of center and everyone else in between join forces, create a new moderate party and keep the democrats and the republicans in the margins where they belong?

For the first time it might be possible for a moderate third party to form and potentially even have just as many if not more voting power than the two major parties.

So why is no one talking about this? Is it just because people like being told what to do and how to think too much to change?

It's time to leave the Leftist Authoritarian Party and the Grand Ossified Party behind us.

Here's an excellent article on that topic titled: "Here's How Third Party Candidates Have Changed Elections"
and subtitled: "America's Two Party Political System Makes It Difficult for Candidates Outside the Republican and
Democratic Parties To Win Presidential Elections"

www.history.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Adhering to regulations is expensive because it creates jobs. Jobs that are usually well paid and cannot be automated. Cutting those jobs will decrease the money going into the economy(as any money saved will either get pocketed, buy equipment that was most likely made overseas because we don't have enough good engineers to make all of our specialized machines here, or go towards paying illegal immigrants to dispose of their waste products in the closest water source, ya know since our fresh bodies of water are no longer protected by regulations) which will decrease demand, resulting in even more jobs being lost. People will then get sick because of the increased pollution, once workable land will be ruined because of the pollution, and many more will be out of work thus adding to the snowball that is regulation cutting.

I don't know about you but the 3% tax cuts barely did anything for me, but the ridiculous cuts he made to the corporate tax rate Made the rich far richer all while they fired thousands of people.

I hate to break it to you but making nice with every dictator around the world while making enemies with the rest of the world is much closer to unhinged globalism than whatever you have been told it is.

I too would prefer that the government were properly balanced and have a few ideas on how it could be done. What do you think about the 2 or 3 biggest parties getting equal representation in Congress. Meaning each gets half or a third of the seats. As well as 1 leader from each party working together in a presidential role for everyone's benefit. That way you get the right, left, and the middle all working together.

The way I see it voting republican is just allowing big business to control the government and throughout history big business has shown time and time again that they do not care about us and strive to create an every man for themselves mentally amongst the populace. Which inevitably causes more harm to one's country than good. As it creates distrust and resentment. It also is a big cause of the ever widening gap between the rich and the poor.
The biggest culprits being companies like apple -who pretty much use slave labor to create their products- and Amazon -which Bernie not trump helped get their wages raised- stock piling billions of dollars and paying as little tax as possible is what is slowing us down more than anything else. While apple is making some headway They have no need for all that money other than bragging rights and should either start directly investing in the country or pay there fair share in taxes. As should every other billionaire that gets rich from the sweat off our brows.

Whereas the Democrats want to use the government to maintain the well being of the countries citizens as put forth by our constitution. They prefer to do this By keeping big business in check while working towards creating a better future for everyone starting from the bottom up.

edit on 9-10-2018 by conscientiousobserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   
What happened to the “Blue Wave”?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I used to lean mostly liberal, but over the last five years or more I am seeing an increasing tendency of liberals to become a threat to the peacefullness of our society. They are disrupting the peace and trying to shove change down the throats of our citizens. Moderation has gone out the window. I think there should be a slow and steady change to society, not the lies and thrashing being spewed by the liberals lately to try to shove their beliefs down the throats of others.

I have changed my mind after witnessing an out of control left. I do know that some of the Democratic congressmen are not this way, but the half dozen that are are convincing them to follow them. Those half dozen disruptive congressmen should be removed from office, they are not supposed to act uncivil.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Except, today's liberals are not the liberals of the past. Not even close.

The liberals of the past supported civil rights for everyone, not just some select group. My rights were your rights. Your rights are his rights. His rights are her rights. Her rights are my rights. Liberals died in some places to make that happen...

The liberals of the past worked to make change equitable for everyone. Now, they just screech, and try to tear down whatever it is they oppose. Statues. Supreme court justice nominees. Whatever they disagree with.

Used to be they talked of compromise, when in the past month has that word even been heard??

I'm not thrilled at the prospect of a GOP super-majority in Washington DC...not in the slightest. Personally, I like a certain amount of gridlock...it keeps the politicians busy fighting amongst themselves rather than bothering us.

To try and say that a GOP majority would/will be worse than these so-called Progressive/Liberals is just off the mark, more than a little.

I want a 50-50 split, in both the House and the Senate...something that'll make 'em actually have to work together to get anything accomplished.

I know that's an unpopular idea these days, but I try to buck as many trends as possible.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I wish we were ruled by the HRC dynasty, would be so much butter.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

You seem to have explained it pretty well their seagull.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Population control is what my flesh mind says is right. But my spirit believes that life is the choice we should make. Two people make a mistake and a baby is created. So who pays for that? The only innocent gets the death sentence. Also only the mother has a choice, the father has no say.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If it's made legal and there's no repercussions, will you participate in rounding up the liberals and putting them in camps? You'll get paid and their property is free for the taking.

edit on 10/8/2018 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:35 PM
link   

It would be nice if there was a hybrid of all sides like a Democrat/Republican type who can pick a side but have enough love for the country they represent to work with the other side to really make New World changes happen not just wall Street changes but main Street changes also...
They would not be disrespectful to the opposing side knowing it only makes the country look bad in the end🤔
I don't know why that point is constantly missed 🤔
They would be able to make agreements happen between Democrats and Republicans (2 talons of the same eagle?) w/o highschool style gangstyle political fighting? Like they are representatives of one of the leading countries of EA*RTH.
They would not need to three way Masonic speak to the population in order to mesmerize and win elections. And they would actually recognize that yes the failures (bad business and politics) that roll down the pyramid all the way to the foundation (where the poor grow) eventually shall pile up to the top of the pyramid social schemes.
Destroying said social scheme pyramids?

I know it seems impossible but I dream fantasies, be well.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:48 PM
link   
What I would hope for is a red wave that displaces so many Dems that a term limits bill would pass Congress. Exempting current members at the moment of adoption of course.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus 13

How do you suppose that guy would get funding for his campaign, then get the votes to be in office? Yeah, that would be swell but it's quixotic. The masses are indoctrinated by their respective side. If you grow up in a Republican house, you'd pick up on your parents cursing the news. If you grew up in a Democrat house, you'd pick up on your parents cursing the news, too.

Hell, most people are so basic that they pick the party that their family does before they're old enough to even understand the basics of it like it's a sports team. Anyways, to get into office you have to appeal to the sheeple and they're 50/50. You have to compete against left and right candidates who tap into the collective ignorance of their bases and have big time funding behind it. Trump would've never even got close to winning the 2016 election if he hadn't picked the Republican party. There's no point in reasoning with any of them. Look at the replies to this thread for example. Everyone wanted to chime in just to say yes to the ops admittedly poor judgement question. I swear a lot of avid Trump supporters would turn on their own neighbors if the President willed it like a witch hunt. They de-americanize people, it's rather scary. Kinda gives you a glimpse into the psychology required to make something like nazi germany happen.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: r0xor
If it's made legal and there's no repercussions, will you participate in rounding up the liberals and putting them in camps? You'll get paid and their property is free for the taking.

No, that would be unconstitutional. Sounds like a liberal plan. In fact it sounds like their current plan.
edit on 8-10-2018 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: r0xor

I understand.
So do the WATCHERS that didn't fall...

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
And no. Not particularly. I'm not exactly cool with a world without abortion. I think in this world, mandatory abortion makes far more sense than banning abortion. We couldn't go far wrong with a quota for mandatory abortions. A lottery, of sorts. No discrimination. Just a population limit. Bet you'd never get any politician to support that. And yet it makes more sense than at least half the laws these morons on both sides pass.

(I suspect what I've just said will be quite unpopular around here. LOL)

Honesty is always popular.
Thanks for yours.

I guess that one star I got on that post was you, then. LOL

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I don't even care anymore. Do whatever you want. Bless to have alternatives besides watching right wing Fascism flourish in America.

You reap what you sow....

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: AlienView
solidly Conservative base represent you?

When you say conservative do you mean Constitutional based?

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 01:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

I don't know. Do you really think the founders would be opposed to the right to choose to have an abortion if they lived in today's world? If they would, I think I would have to count this as one of their known flaws.

I don't believe Republicans represent freedom of choice as closely as they'd have people think.
edit on 9-10-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Not really - what it means today as far as the Republican party is is less government and more power to corporations,
the United States, Inc.

Ultimately leading to an autocracy of big business - That is what politcal conservative has come to mean.

Some say the Democrats also represent autoratic rule of the elite - But for the moment they siill kick some back
to the middle and lower classes.

And, again at leat for now, if you give the Republicans complete control without at least some resistance from
the Domocrats - The corporate autocracty will make a complete and total takeover
and you can kiss a government of 'We the People' goodby

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join