It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5000 Dollar Fish

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Do you have any pics you can share?

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   
Our granddaughter kind of left her three goldfish and one sucker type fish here when she got married and moved out because they could not have a fish tank in their appartment. We told her she should pick them up but she left us her blind cat instead. She said that animals seem to live a real long time at our house.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 07:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Yeah, sorry I got on my soapbox. I've kept fish to greater or lesser degrees of seriousness off and on most of my life. They're fascinating little critters if you give them what they need. They're even smarter than you would think and will learn when it's feeding time and who feeds them.

Even the simple little corydoras cats can live upward of 20 years with proper care.

Most small fish, of course, won't live that long, but even your tetras are going to last three or four or more if you care for them properly. The trick is to make sure the fish you're getting will stay small, and a lot of small fish you commonly see for sale don't really stay that way.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:13 PM
link   
My friend has koi. They're not in a pond but in a tank. He's planning some kind of aquaponics greenhouse thing with them.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

Awww, you must be taking very good care of your pets. Love it!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Skid Mark

I hear that fish tank water can be a good fertiliser.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't apologize for being on your soap box. You seem knowledgeable about fish and I love hearing about them.

Besides my turtle and cat I only have one beta fish at the moment. I may get another. Their tanks are so easy to care for and so are they. Some are just gorgeous!

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Oh Skiddy, that sounds awesome! I would love to see pics when he is done.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Autorico

Never thought of that before.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I don't know if it's true. Just something a buddy told me, although it would seem in theory to make sense. There are a lot of nutrients in "dirty" tank water.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Makes sense to me too.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
That's what he's using it for. Everything is on beds and the water system is rain water stored in tanks. That goes into the aquariums. Fish poop and stuff gets filtered out to the plants. Pretty neat system.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:47 PM
link   
He's got himself bogged down on a lot of different things. He never seems to get anywhere because he's doing so much at once. It'll be a while until it's done. He had it running but had to tear down for some reason.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Well, if he ever gets it all together, I want to see the results.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join