It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandora Radio Alternative

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Now that SiriusXM's bought out Pandora , it surely will surely speed up its decline. So what other free streaming services do you use for music.

What I liked about Pandora was that it had lots of available playlist to start with and an easy interface to down vote or up vote.

I have used amazon streaming service but can't say I like it as much as pandora and more PITA to use.

What I hated about pandora was that the songs in the playlist just didn't make sense to be included in that station sometimes. For example I like margaritaville or garthbrooks for the boat ,but sometimes they sneak in AC/DC into those station. Now its not that I don't like AC/DC because I do, but how does that go with margaritaville or garthbrooks ?

So is their an app out there that is based on the tempo. I would like to pick a station that is just all up beat (not is in spiritual) fun type music not whiny or slow depressing sh1t when I'm on the boat?

Not an Apple fan so would rather stay away from itunes.

edit on 451031America/ChicagoMon, 08 Oct 2018 14:45:18 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:53 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I haven't found anything I really like. I had the same complaint about Pandora as you did.

I used to build up "play lists" on Youtube which works a little better for me because I like international music. There isn't any "modern" US made music that I like.

Problem with Youtube is they started doing the same thing Pandora does, so, like you're listening to a variety playlist of contemporary French and Italian singers, you know, really GOOD stuff like Laura Pausini and Axelle Red and about 15 minutes in, Youtube throws in some horrid rap crap from the West Coast.

So pretty much anymore, I just buy tracks and put them on an MP3 player.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Just found this app called Jango.

I just download it and signed up for it after watching the following youtube review. Sounds like Pandora but better. It allows you to pick and remove artists from the lists ,create your own list, or select genre.

so will see. Its free but like pandora it has ads, but unlike pandora you can skip them.

What sucks is the years of downvoting in pandora that I'm going to lose.

What I didn't like from the start is that it asked for permissions to access my location and pictures which I denied. It still works after denying the permissions but it keeps prompting to change it on the settings.

edit on 501031America/ChicagoMon, 08 Oct 2018 15:50:36 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Just use Spotify or Tidal.

I tried pandora based on its “recommendations “ and they were 99% crap.

Just because I liked a couple bands from the 90s does not mean I want a playlist full of Tonic and Googoo dolls.

If you’re looking to be introduced to new music ther are probbsly better ways than some #tay algorithm.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyJeans

I thought spotify is subscription based? is it not?

not familiar with tidal so I will check it out.

The Jango app looks like it has all the feature I like but the playlist contained lots of garbage. However, that might be because I only played it with it for a shortwhile and unlike pandora It doesn't have years of my down voting. So I haven't given up on it yet but will look at tidal .

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 08:59 AM
link   
I use Slacker Radio

I do the $4. a month one to skip ads and I like it..

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I use the free version of Spotify, it has a good selection and links with my PS4 for gaming.

Also if you like hip hop/rap try DatPiff, it’s free mixtapes of a lot of artist and if you make a free account you can download the songs and listen to them off WiFi.

posted on Oct, 9 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Thanks, I will check that out.

Can you tell if it includes international music?

top topics

join