It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1.5 degree rise in body temp would kill you, just like it would kill the earth!

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:31 AM
link   
The US, of the Industrial country's, are the cleanest. I am sure some parts of unpopulated regions will be pristine but I am talking where people live.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

I do not believe for one second that the US is the cleanest country on the planet. Agriculture alone (pesticides, etc) causes untold pollution within the US (just look at your water in many areas). Are you really trying to claim that the US is cleaner than, say Bhutan?

Perhaps I should have said "developed" country... no, I won't state we are cleaner than Bhutan, but I don't want to live in Bhutan either.

I live in the dead center of farmland... I have a cousin who runs a mega-farm, covering thousands of acres around here. Yet, my water is just fine, thank you very much. It's clean, clear, and delicious, and it's been tested several times... no contaminants, just a little heavy in minerals (hard water). Most of the problems you hear about on the news... the evidence for the lie... are simply small areas where something crazy went on and it's blown out of proportion.

Consider this: I am in one of the few areas left where people mostly have wells (we got in county water service maybe 5 years ago). In most places, that water comes from the people who are pushing your lies... so why is the water in such bad shape there?

Are there problem areas? Yes! I posted a freakin' picture of one above! Are they the norm? Nope. I have at least close to the lack of pollution that exists in Bhutan, and the quality of life that comes with living in a developed country.

I agree about China and India but that's kind of the point. If we all go along with cleaning up our act, we all benefit. Why is that a bad thing?

It's not... but there's that lie again. No one is forcing China and India to clean up their act. No one telling that lie is trying to clean up San Francisco. They're trying to clean up that which is already clean, because by getting gullible people worked up, they can advance their truth: more money from the gullible people to their pockets, and no change in the ecology.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Justoneman

Thank you! I'll try to find time to at least check out the OPs. The concept sounds... intriguing to say the least.

Keep fighting. We're winning... slowly, but still winning.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

China is certainly cleaning up its act. Massive investment and research into renewable energies, huge fines (and worse) for major pollutors and a mass education campaign. It still has a long way to go but it is certainly going.

India, not so much. Which is bizarre when you consider the Hindu beliefs!

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ConsciousRoots

Don't hyperventilate; it increases your carbon footprint.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Flavian

China still has far to go, but yes, they are starting to improve. Their improvements have been slow in actual results, however, because of the corruption between government and large industry.

India is a mess.

But regardless of that, imagine someone standing in a house in the middle of that pictured area of San Francisco, in an immaculately clean room, screaming about how there's too much dust under the sofa and why don't people clean up their damn dust? That's what I hear.

TheRedneck

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
"1.5 degree rise in body temp would kill you, just like it would kill the earth!"

The story of Chicken Little comes to mind when I read that title:

Paleocene-Eocene Thermal Maximum

Sea surface temperatures in the high-latitude Arctic may have been as warm as 23 °C (73 °F), comparable to modern subtropical and warm-temperate seas.

www.britannica.com...

And yet, the Earth didn't die.

edit on 10-10-2018 by GenerationGap because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConsciousRoots
It's a fact, our world will die. We are killing the planet. We have nearly killed everything, we have destroyed our soils, we have rapped our oceans, we have mutilated our grasslands, we have pillaged our forests. We have disrupted the chemical balance of this planet and we have destroyed it.

Please read this article on the IPCC climate change report which was released today...

www.theguardian.com...

This is turning into one of those doomsday films from the early 2000's, those sh**ty films we all laughed at or rolled our eyes at. IT'S REAL.

My wife is pregnant with our first and it's looking like it'll miss out on all the beauty in the world that I have experienced and all humans since the dawn of humanity. It pains me.

Wait...we rapped the ocean?... Did Kanye make a rap song about the ocean and I didn't hear it?

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: ConsciousRoots
My wife is pregnant with our first and it's looking like it'll miss out on all the beauty in the world that I have experienced and all humans since the dawn of humanity. It pains me.

Sorry to rain on your parade pal, but it's the world you are living in. There is not, and there never was, any "balance" as the "left" want to claim. The planet has been besieged by cataclysmic events which have destroyed entire civilizations, or forced those who survived to move to entirely new areas.

Mankind should have learned to:

1. Never build cities in coastal areas, as the sea will eventually reclaim those areas. The Mediterranean and ever coast around the world is full of examples of entire cities being swallowed by the ocean in events that "seemed like the end of the world."

2. Never build cities in earthquake prone zones, and even then you never know when a new zone will re-start again on becoming prone to destructive earthquakes.

3. Accept the fact that we, mankind, have no say on climate change, or any other changes the Earth has, is and will undergo.

The only way mankind can avoid "climate change" is to live in space, and then we will have even worse problems to contend with.

edit on 11-10-2018 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 03:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Oh yes it is.. Its one giant money making hoax. If it was not, Al Gore and all those like him would sell his jet and go live in a cave.

posted on Nov, 3 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

oooh you're cool.

Actually it's all nature, even the machines.

It all comes from nature.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join