It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

personal ufos

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Was only ever taken once when i was younger.

link   

link   

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Back in the 90s myself and two friends (two brothers) were looking for the Mir station in the sky one night. It was an autumn/early winter night, cold, without clouds and lots of stars. We saw a moving 'star' and watched it thinking it was the Mir or perhaps a satellite; it was on a straight path. Cool by itself, right? My mate noticed another moving star and we all watched it for a while.

The 2nd 'star' was the same brightness as the possible Mir, but it was moving from one point to another point like it was drawing a small triangle in the sky. The size of the triangle could have been covered by a thumbnail at arm's length. Imagine a half inch sized equilateral triangle. The speed of this light was slower than the Mir.

We watched it for quite a while (minutes) and it didn't do anything else apart from move in that triangular pattern. We couldn't stand there all night and eventually moved along.

The reason I mention it is because I still have a very clear memory of both lights in the sky and the weather, location etc. I just checked Google maps and it was SSW and 40-50 degrees elevation. One of the brothers died in 2017 and I never asked if he remembered. The other has no memory of it.

I'm the only one that doesn't remember a thing, which is a little disturbing since I have a great memory.

It's funny how one person gets an unforgettable memory and another doesn't. I can't trust my memory when the remaining 'witness' doesn't recall it at all. UFOs and perception, huh? Pain in the ass.

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:01 AM
link   
UFO’s—Can They Be Identified? Awake!—1990

The late Dr. Donald H. Menzel, a Harvard astronomer, and Philip Klass, former senior editor of Aviation Week, are among those who have studied the subject of UFO sightings. ... Philip Klass explained UFO’s as natural phenomena or as incorrect identifications. ... Klass’s thought is that people who are suddenly exposed to a brief unexpected event “may be grossly inaccurate in trying to describe precisely what they have seen.”

In his book Pseudoscience and the Paranormal, Terence Hines states that “careful investigation has resulted in straightforward natural explanations for even very impressive-sounding UFO reports. . . . All these cases make clear the nearly total unreliability of eyewitness reports. In almost every case, the witnesses’ reports differed substantially from the actual stimulus, but in only a very few cases were the witnesses willfully lying. Their knowledge about what UFOs ‘ought’ to look like influenced their reports, along with the effects of visual illusions.”
It was while the Condon Report and the subject of UFO’s was still a matter of public concern that Awake! provided a review of the subject along with a discussion of some of the more spectacular cases.* Awake! reached the conclusion that “the great majority of all [UFO] reports have their origin in the same kinds of things that Project Blue Book [an earlier government study] named: Planets, airplanes, balloons, meteorites, mirages.”

The article continued: “The more thorough investigation [summarized in the Condon Report] has clarified the part played by physical and psychological distortions. It has explained how ordinary objects, seen in the sky by persons who do not recognize them under the perhaps unusual circumstances, can be misconstrued in perception, magnified in the telling, further exaggerated in the newspapers, and end up as spaceships landing little green men from Mars.”
At the time that the Condon Report was in the news, an Awake! contributor discussed privately some of the results with one of the associated scientists working at Boulder, Colorado. The scientist seemed to think that in the unexplained cases, the UFO experiences involved “mental perceptions” of some kind. Thus, although many UFO sightings can be explained scientifically as physical things or wrong identifications, some may involve mental or psychological experiences or perceptions.

Is There an Occult Influence?

When reviewing the mental or psychological experiences of some who have reported contacts with UFO’s, it is also possible to recognize similarities with spiritistic or other paranormal phenomena. One example of this is the testimony of John H. Andrews in his book The Extraterrestrials and Their Reality. In his acknowledgments of help in producing the book, he states: “Great appreciation also goes to the four space people [“ET’s in physical human bodies who circulate unnoticed among us”] who told me their stories and who wished to remain unnamed, to the numerous psychics and channels who assisted me with my many experiments, to the extraterrestrials for their many informative messages.” Regarding these “space people,” he states: “They were all quite intelligent; all were channels for invisible entities.”​—Compare 1 Samuel 28:7, 8; Ephesians 6:12.

Andrews also claims to have received messages from extraterrestrials. He lists some of these as: “There is no such thing as death. . . . There is no such thing as good or evil. [Compare Genesis 3:3, 4.] . . . Creation, evolution, and reincarnation are valid processes at work in the Universe. . . . We (the ET’s) are not here to control or rule you, but to guide you. . . . The Earth will soon undergo tremendous, cataclysmic changes. When these changes are completed, less than 1/1,000 of the present population will still be alive!”

The Bible also speaks of extraterrestrials, spirit creatures, such as obedient angels and disobedient, rebellious angels who became demons. Satan still uses his demon followers to mislead mankind with all kinds of philosophies, fads, messages, communications, ...
The Christian apostle Paul gave due warning of demon influence in the last days when he wrote: “The inspired utterance says definitely that in later periods of time some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to misleading inspired utterances and teachings of demons.”​—1 Timothy 4:1.

Note that Genesis 3:3,4 has basically or in essence the same teaching about there being "no such thing as death" coming from Satan (slightly differently phrased), just like the messages and teachings Andrews claims to have received from aliens. Which is what this teaching basically boils down to as well (the real 'you' isn't actually going to die per this teaching; it also ties in with the teaching of reincarnation):

Myth 1: The Soul Is Immortal
edit on 13-10-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 13 2018 @ 06:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: whereislogic

It was while the Condon Report and the subject of UFO’s was still a matter of public concern that Awake! provided a review of the subject along with a discussion of some of the more spectacular cases.* Awake! reached the conclusion that “the great majority of all [UFO] reports have their origin in the same kinds of things that Project Blue Book [an earlier government study] named: Planets, airplanes, balloons, meteorites, mirages.”

It's funny how the thread with over 4000 comments on page 1 right now was made by someone who calls himself: mirageman. It's certainly keeping people busy and distracted, running around in circles chasing their own tails. Completely oblivious or rejecting more important information that might save their lives one day:

Unlocking The Mystery of Life

top topics

<< 1   >>

join