It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have seen a UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
and it was an anti climax.

it was in the last year and the sun was going down but it was still light, in the distance i could see a tubular strobe of a white or light object.
it was long thin and rectangular shaped, it was moving at a steady speed away from me and disappeared into the distance.

Judging by how far it looked to be in the distance and comparing it to a plane it must have been about four plane lengths in length and maybe the body only of 2 planes side by side. although i had no explanation for what i saw it made me annoyed that i wasn't more exited about it.

however i have discovered much more interesting things that can explain much of my experiences to date.

i just wanted to share what my first and possibly only UFO sighting to date was like and ask if anyone has had a similar experience.

i am on a voyage...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
Judging by how far it looked to be in the distance and comparing it to a plane it must have been about four plane lengths in length and maybe the body only of 2 planes side by side.

Depending on what plane you are comparing it to, that only describes a larger plane. Distances in the air becomes quite hard unless its with a known reference. If you saw it moving away from you in the distance, it would also have been impossible to accurately judge the length of such a plane.

So to be honest, maybe you saw something but for all intents and purposes you are pretty much on the spot for describing a plane.

The speed is going to be the obvious giveaway. What was that "steady speed"? If it was "reasonable plane like" speed rather than omg-that-thing-just-crossed-the-entire-sky-in-1-second type of speed well...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ManyMasks

You forgot to tell why you don't have pics of it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

The only UFO's I have seen are strange lights at night. I really hope to see one close and in daylight one day and with pics to prove it. Might have to try summoning the transformers

Thanks for sharing that and good luck on your voyage.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Trueman

phone wasn't on ne and i didn't want to waste time getting it, it was going away from me.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: merka

No not a plane it was a line of light that kept the same size, it was at an angle, i live within 30 miles of two airports and see planes all the time.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManyMasks
a reply to: Trueman

phone wasn't on ne and i didn't want to waste time getting it, it was going away from me.

Not calling you liar but do you know how many times we heard that?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Then the psyops have worked then. When the ordinary man in the street just accepts "oh it was a UFO" and not be afraid or panic and is not bothered by the sighting the drip, drip, drip of cases has done their job.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'll I D it for us here....

Twas a receding contrail....visually the tricky and cool.....est

Trickyest.....owith a setting sun or after the sun has said bye.......even worse for being tricky

t
edit on 7-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 7-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

Don't get me wrong if it had been closer and wee green guys waved to me from the window i would have prob 💩 myself.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I too have seen....with no chance for error,
it looked like a glowing asprin....
came down from space and flew within 1/2 mi from me
shot off on 170 deg inertialess turn and disappeared like a lightbulb going out....
my friend saw a black cube over quadra island and an f18 snooping around....it too made lightspeed leaving the area....the fighter tooled around a bit and headed back to Comox afb

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

You probably wont get any answers, just a lot more questions.

They do like attention, however.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bertanimus

Cool I saw the 400 foot cigar over Dallas daytime even...had no sun reflection off the nose.....about 3800 MSL AGL

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   
My first UFO sighting was anti climatic as well. Such as due to it's size and location, it could have been something else. Though that was some time ago, when smartphones or even regular cell phones commonly had cameras, would have had to be a camera if i was handy at the time to photograph it.

Similar happened to me about a month ago, figures no way to record some sounds in the woods that were suspect. Even if I went to get the phone or recording device, it would have been gone already due to other noise scaring them or it off.

Some say mysterious sightings and sounds purposely happen when there's no recording devices, to say that they can sense electronic devices. Maybe not with UFOs, at a distance, but in the deep woods where crypto creatures are often unseen.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

i just wanted to share what my first and possibly only UFO sighting to date was like and ask if anyone has had a similar experience.

If you couldn't identify it then its a UFO to you.

It sounds like you saw a satellite, perfect timing for viewing at dawn or dusk.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Most people have seen UFOs, but most people don't even bother to report them. We each have our own reactions to them, depending on the level of the encounter. Some of them only warrant a "well, that was a weird thing," and a shrug. Others are so striking and detailed and personal that they change witness's life.

The one the OP describes is of the weird / shrug kind.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Yeah pretty much how it went down, i seen a meteor at 18 (20 yr ago) and it was cosmic. Wqs reported in the newspaper the next daySeen a shooting star 🌠 at the exact moment i pointed to show my wife the seven sisters star system and she had never seen a shooting star and there it was just as i pointed, on Halloween two years ago, those two examples were how i should of felt on my first real UFO.
Cheers for everybody input, can't wait to post some things in future about what I'm researching.

new topics

top topics

join