It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Asbestos Buried On Farm Advice Wanted

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Kester

One rule for some and another for the rest.

That our aristocracy for you, nothing new there all the same.

Money talks and the rest of us simply do the walk.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Sorry man but you seem like a defeatist peasant when you post.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kester
a reply to: BigDave-AR

It would take them about two seconds to work out it's me, so not really anonymous.

And if they do happen to read this, I deeply regret this thread about their friend. It was a cheap shot. We all know parliament runs on coke, how else could they come up with such crazy stuff?

Sorry Dave C., giz a hug. test.abovetopsecret.com...

And you still fear they would take illegal action against you if the media had wind of it? Come on now let’s not be that paranoid you’re not worth bumping off.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

Takes one to know one i see.

Dont be sorry all the same, us peasants were defeated quite some time ago.
edit on 7-10-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Surely I clearly stated I've only just found out it was asbestos that was buried, knew for a long time something was buried that caused the landslip, first story was rubble. Should have wondered why rubble had to be buried.

There's all kinds of stuff buried around Gloucestershire. Tinkley lane tips are full of all manner of stuff. Hogarth was seen to accept a huge bundle of banknotes before a tanker tipped a 'black liquid'. Inds tip blew up a digger driver, there's bodies there, stuff from Berkeley nuclear plant, many tons of out of date Cadbury's cream eggs. Don't know which is more dangerous. All that going into the water and people getting spring water from the valley below. I've mentioned it in the comments in the local news.

Mannequins used in Bikini Island nuclear tests went missing from Minchinhampton, probably buried around there somewhere.

Woodchester Mansion had stores of strange chemicals, rumours of strange wartime experiments going on.

Plenty of stuff buried that will kill innocent folk in the future.

Don't grass, let them die?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:50 PM
link   
and you are sure there is asbestos buried there?
by any chance are they not paying you because they contracted you to do something and in the process of doing it you learned about the asbestos and you refused to finish the job because you can't in good conscious or because of personal safety issues?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I'm as sure as I can be it's there, without having seen it myself. I had no involvement in it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Grass then. It doesn't affect my life.
Why post the OP? Are you seeking validity?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Seeking advice, as stated. If I didn't need advice I'd just paint it on the road and leave it to public pressure. Zero time communicating with suits.
edit on 7 10 2018 by Kester because: suits

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Firstly when you post something like this you must tell where you are as this is a mainly American site and you are in the UK it has total relevance as the Americans answering are going by American regulations which can differ from UK regulations. Now let me inform you. Asbestos, no matter what colour, is only dangerous if ingested. Now no idiot is going to eat it so as regulations allow (as I've cleared a few sites for the local authority) It is only dangerous if airborne, first rule, don't break it, handle it with care. Do not brush the surface as this can release surface fibres. It must be double wrapped and bot wraps sealed and it must be disposed at a registered site.
The real danger is the fibres when looked at under a microscope look just like a fish hook and it only takes 1 fibre in your system. Either respiratory tract or digestive tract. It can have a 20 year incubation period but it may not cause any problem at all.
If it's buried leave it alone. As for deterioration, it don't. It's a natural substance that comes from the earth.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I don't know, try talking to them and informing them the dangers it might present to them as well as others in the community. if that doesn't work, well, you seem to have a choice, either keep quiet about it or notify the authorities of your suspicions.
as far as the money, as long as you have documentation proving that they owe you it, take them to small claims court for it if they are refusing to pay. although, you still might have a problem actually collecting it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

There forever until someone in the future innocently digs into it. What you and others have said is valuable information telling me it should be shifted to a recognised disposal site.

I used to put Britain or British in the title. UK is shorter, I should do that. I was just mentally translating their organisations for ours.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Paint whatever you like on the road, 100 quid fine at worse lol

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
You want to tell somebody in the UK? Go to the local council and ask for environmental health, they'll deal with it. But if it's already buried they might just say leave it.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

I hope the environmental health squad moves faster for Asbestos than they do for Rats or Cockroach infestations.

Else it will be weeks or even months before they manage to attend or address the issue.

Like someone else suggested though, the stuff might be safe enough if left buried rather than being exposed again, dependent of course on where and what its buried next to.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Truth and honesty goes a long way.
I would simply ask her, why does she not care about her
kids and family.
Then inform her of the health risk she is putting her children in.
Tell her that if she truly cared about her kids, then she should know
what the right thing to do and she should deal with it.
Also, tell her she needs to be a better roll model for her
kids by paying you for your labor instead of being such a careless louse.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

Good advice for most people. She would just square up to me, put on an angry face and away we'd go, argue, argue, argue.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
That our aristocracy for you, nothing new there all the same.

The aristocracy - the landed gentry - withered away decades ago.

What the OP hints at is people who have land using it as illegal dumping grounds of waste. In the UK the biggest culprits are farmers, some of whom may be out for a quick profit to bury rubbish. There was a case a few years back of acid leaking into the watercourse, and this was traced back to a farm who had drums of the stuff.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 02:51 AM
link   
the more i read of this thread - the less idea i have of :

what the hell do you want out of this ????

i am no longer confidant - that i can offer any usefull advice on deallling with " her " or that you would heed any

BUT - this alledged tipping - has me intrigued - i am not convinced that there is a tip - based on your own posts

a tip dug in a feild - in the lifetime of " her " - SHOULLD be visible today - by surfave disturbance and growth abmormalities - nettle and thistle clumps

the fact that you cannnot determine if the alledged tip - is above or below the fissures - is very telling

firther - you say its on a steep hill - you dont dig tips into hillsides

can you supply pics - or at least a site plan sketch ??????????????

hillsides subside - for many reasons - tipping is only one of them

hey - i stop here - because - this might come off the wrong way - but please respond - as i do know a bit about this

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 03:07 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

Steep slope, level ground at the top. Come to think of it messy level ground at the top. While there I was aware of the cracks running horizontally across the slope. Had to be careful not to break a leg while herding sheep. Only later heard the landslip was caused by burying 'rubble'. Didn't even think why 'rubble' would have to be buried. Too busy to care.

hillsides subside - for many reasons

At first I idly wondered what of many reasons it could be. No big issue.

Comments like this from Crayzeed

The real danger is the fibres when looked at under a microscope look just like a fish hook and it only takes 1 fibre in your system. Either respiratory tract or digestive tract. It can have a 20 year incubation period but it may not cause any problem at all.

and this from Sprocket

Chances are, they won't be paying compo in 30 yrs to someone dying through exposure, do the right thing.

are helping me decide on a course of action. I understand more now.

Unfortunately loyalty to old friends means I have to go and take the fuel tank off an ancient Hymer now. Back later.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join