It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Missing the good old ATS days? Suggestion to get back to them...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Havoc40k

I think that framing the question as conspiracy vs current events gives misleading responses. Surely there is room for both. The question should be more along the lines of... why is there less discussion of conspiracies, spooks, sasquatches and aliens?

Maybe conspiracies, spooks, sasquatches and aliens has played out somewhat to the point of new posts having become formulaic reposts of previous idea over and over. Some topics are discouraged because groups of people professing to espouse the conventional views swoop in on every new post and try to kill any thread they do not agree with. I've noticed this on threads about creationism vs evolution, some speculations about ancient civilizations, a couple of religious threads, etc. It's like they attempt to prevent the discussion from developing altogether, kind of a censorship, really.

I'm not sure what is going on with ufo and sasquatch threads, I don't read them much anymore. But try to post on whether we went to the moon or not and you are guaranteed to be lynched before the thread is one page long.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

What shows up nowadays is that where there used to be a handful of very adept and intelligent Obama W/H shills , there now is a Trump mob which know when to run in and flatten everything .

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Don’t worry the aliens will be back. That may be what the Presidential Alert System is for, to announce the open arrival for our friends that come to Serve Mankind.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   
I wish it were the 1980s and I was back in high school with my ‘74 Firebird. The thing is times change and our interests, memories and perceptions change with them. At the end of th day you need to be able to move forward. Nothing remains the same nor can we return to some nostalgic past. It is the way of the world.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

edit on 7-10-2018 by Justso because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   

spooks, sasquatches and aliens?

They are more the victims of no credible evidence after decades, and the backlash against the charlatans the fill the fields of ufology and cryptozoology.

Look at it as the new age of information, the new Age of Enlightenment, or just simply we won’t be fool again by attention seeking charlatans.
edit on 7-10-2018 by neutronflux because: Added and fixed

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

originally posted by: Painterz
The mud pit needs to be retired....

Hahaha....you wish. No man, we're having too much fun throwing mud on democrats and liberals and making them cry.

Well that's the other problem, they all think they're being so smart and clever in their mocking of libruhls and 'destroying their arguments and making them cry', but they're not. It's an echo chamber, it provides the illusion that the arguments are being won because all you see on ATS are voices that angrily agree with Trump fans and the alt-right.

So much of what's on ATS now is just playground bullies laughing to themselves about how big and smart and clever they are, and increasingly everybody else has just walked away, sickened and disgusted by what they see on ATS these days.

Now the good news for ATS is that there's clearly lots and lots of people who want to endlessly create 'hurr, libruhls are stooopid, give me starrrrrs if you agreeeee!' posts, over and over and over. And it's obviously good for clickbait antics. So there's no incentive for the site to change direction. And fair enough, it's their website they can do what they want with it.

But from a website that used to warn against the dangers of sheeple-thinking, it's real sad to see ATS utterly transformed into a Sheeple Den.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Ummm...reality shows killed the susquatch...it wasn’t politics...same with every other conspiratorial topic...

All those wear the body cam...while you have one of your buds throw a rock into the woods...or hoot from the other ridge...yet never a real scientific analysis...

The same with “haunted places”...or UFO’s...or any other conspiracy...these shows have done more to discredit than to offer up a real analysis...

Politics is about all we have left in my opinion...every other conspiracy theory has been under a constant barrage of assault by reality TV so that nothing seems credible...

I mean...I’ve witnessed some really peculiar things moving about the sky..but who hasn’t...the rational me just can’t equate such to ET...etc...so drawing conclusions where none are to be had is a pointless venture...

It’s all in what you choose to believe...or not...

YouSir

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Hahaha....you wish. No man, we're having too much fun throwing mud on democrats and liberals and making them cry.

Well that's the other problem, they all think they're being so smart and clever in their mocking of libruhls and 'destroying their arguments and making them cry', but they're not. It's an echo chamber, it provides the illusion that the arguments are being won because all you see on ATS are voices that angrily agree with Trump fans and the alt-right.

So much of what's on ATS now is just playground bullies laughing to themselves about how big and smart and clever they are, and increasingly everybody else has just walked away, sickened and disgusted by what they see on ATS these days.

Now the good news for ATS is that there's clearly lots and lots of people who want to endlessly create 'hurr, libruhls are stooopid, give me starrrrrs if you agreeeee!' posts, over and over and over. And it's obviously good for clickbait antics. So there's no incentive for the site to change direction. And fair enough, it's their website they can do what they want with it.

But from a website that used to warn against the dangers of sheeple-thinking, it's real sad to see ATS utterly transformed into a Sheeple Den.

Hahaha (again)…. You took the mud pit too serious. The more you guys cry, the funnier. Anyway, about democratic party stupidity, it's true and hurts but deserved.
edit on 7-10-2018 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Seiko

You log in? My ATS is not even 1/4 maybe of political topics.

Bookmark NEW FORUM, link on your own devices home page once logged in...and never have to again. I've got at least 15 sites....

And going to NEW threads present up to the minute discussion threads....ufos to recipes, writings, pyramids to politics.

* When logged in any site...x out and when returning...click link for it...and you're still logged in from last time. I stay that way because it cuts a step in the process.

You probably knew this...
edit on 7-10-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What the hell is a Kavanaugh, anyway?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Never going to happen. Conservatives love conspiracies but really only conspiracies that smear the Left, or whomever they consider to be the Left. They don't care about any other type of conspiracy and this site proves that. Day in, day out, thread after thread bashing the Left and kissing Trump's ass, sprinkled in with kissing Republican politicians asses.

This site is nothing more than a conservative circle jerk and that will never change. Conspiracy sites are dead thanks to conservatives being political hacks.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:19 AM
link   
ATS

The Virtual Salt Mine.

^_^

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Havoc40k
As always, Mods, please move if you find somewhere more appropriate for this one.

How many of you miss the "Good old days" when ATS was the go-to place to discuss conspiracies, spooks, sasquatches and aliens? I know I do. I always had this habit of, first thing in the morning getting to work, firing up ATS and browsing some good alternative, out-there threads for a few minutes.

These days, however, it seems that there's more American politics than the content that first drew me to the site in the first place. It seems that what used to be a safe haven for the esoteric and "out-there" has now become, as that one forum sub-group is called, a political mud-pit.

Where I used to have ATS open on my confuser the whole day, I now only check in every other day due to the political nonsense.

Who would like to see ATS return to its roots and become a tinfoil hat-wearing, chemtrail-fearing, ghost-busting, illuminati-exposing person's favorite hang-out again?

I'm not sure about the logistics of it all, but would it be at all possible to "banish" the political madness from ATS, possibly to another website entirely? Or at the very least, create a "live" tab that would filter out all the politics? I doubt that I'm alone in wishing for less politics on this site.

SO, for all of you who are keen to see this happen, please pipe up and reply here. Let's Speak to the ATS Overlords and see if we can get our goofy spooks-and-spaceships corner of the internet back!

This whole political climate seems to have an addicting quality. So many threads are basically repeats of previous ones and it seems that many can not talk about it enough. I do have to admit, the part that interests me is the fact that the deep state agenda is now right out in the open. It is clear as day and the fact that media,education and entertainment are tentacles of the deep state is right there for anyone to see. Other than that, the rest is just endless diversion and tawdry melodrama sinking into a vortex of absurdity.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Peeple

Really? When I visit ATS on my iphone I have zero issues you describe. Does ATS have a mobile version that you're using? You should be able to do all the above as you would if you were on a desktop.

BTW, I dig you avatar.
edit on 7-10-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Being able to filter out selected topics by keyword would be the simple solution

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Exactly, walking away. I used to contribute to this site quite a bit via threads and posts, engaging in conversation and debates but now? Now, I just walk away. I'll chime in a thread now and then but most of the threads here are just PRO CONSERVATIVE propaganda and rants about the Left. It's the same damn conversation with the same damn conservatives stroking each others ego.

This site is pretty much dead to the everyone who isn't a die hard conservative.
edit on 7-10-2018 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: toms54

I think that framing the question as conspiracy vs current events gives misleading responses. Surely there is room for both. The question should be more along the lines of... why is there less discussion of conspiracies, spooks, sasquatches and aliens? 

In my opinion... I don't think the OP "framed the question, conspiracy vs current events"

These days, however, it seems that there's more American politics than the content that first drew me to the site in the first place. It seems that what used to be a safe haven for the esoteric and "out-there" has now become, as that one forum sub-group is called, a political mud-pit. 

Because not all current events are political

This statement however I totally agree with

Some topics are discouraged because groups of people professing to espouse the conventional views swoop in on every new post and try to kill any thread they do not agree with. I've noticed this on threads about creationism vs evolution, some speculations about ancient civilizations, a couple of religious threads, etc. It's like they attempt to prevent the discussion from developing altogether, kind of a censorship, really. 

I'm not sure what is going on with ufo and sasquatch threads, I don't read them much anymore. But try to post on whether we went to the moon or not and you are guaranteed to be lynched before the thread is one page long.

Very true!!! Well said

edit on 7-10-2018 by DustybudzZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus
a reply to: The GUT

As apposed to the righty loonies?

Birthers anyone?

What this all boils down to is sore losers battling against sore winners.

Have you noticed the over confidence from the right on ATS lately? The midterms are all but locked up.

If I recall, the same over confidence was abundant during the last election.

I’m sure you remember it well, as most righties ragged on the left for it constantly.

Just a bit baffled that you don’t learn from (very) recent history.

Ahh, but confidence is sexy, my friend.

That's what happens when you win.

I've always believed that if you've got a good horse, you ride him...

And, I'll just tell you, friend, ours just can't seem to lose. It's like he just get's up every morning, walks outside, and steps in a 5-gallon bucket of "Win".

Good times. How's the other side doing?

ATS is what it's members DISCUSS.

Is that not what it should be about?

edit on 7-10-2018 by MteWamp because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:02 AM
link   
But yes!!! I miss the good old days!!!
the threads here are all pretty much political BS any more.
I know I'm sick of the right vs left. Conservative vs liberal.
Rep.vs Dem. Nuts vs Nuts. BS Come on people let's take ATS back!!!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join