It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christine Blasey Ford has no plans to further pursue allegations against Brett Kavanaugh: Attorney

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Christine Blasey Ford has no plans to further pursue allegations against Brett Kavanaugh: Attorney

WASHINGTON --
With the Senate voting to confirm Brett Kavanaugh as an associate justice of the Supreme Court, Christine Blasey Ford has no further plans to pursue her sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh, according to her lawyers.

Ford only wanted to speak with members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, her attorneys told CNN on Friday. Ford does not want the situation to "drag on into the next Congress should Democrats end up winning control on Capitol Hill," the network reported.

When asked about the possibility of impeachment proceedings, attorney Debra Katz told the network: "Professor Ford has not asked for anything of the sort. What she did was to come forward and testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee and agree to cooperate with any investigation by the FBI, and that's what she sought to do here."

"She does not want him to be impeached?" CNN's Dana Bash later asked.

"No," Katz replied flatly.

Ford's attorney Lisa Banks added that Ford feels she did the right thing by testifying and has no regrets.

click link for article..

Sooo, uhm.. yeeah..

To those on the right - we were correct
To those on the left - Told ya so.

All the accusers are dropping the media / accusation push against Kavanaugh. Dr. Ford doesnt want the investigation to continue or for Kavanaugh to be impeached should Democrats win the Senate / House in the midterms.

While I dont see Democrats winning either in the midterms, should it occur, lets watch Democrats once again ignore Kavanaughs request and do it anyways.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

I don't think this changes anything for the far-leftists.

They wouldn't believe even if she tell everybody live on television that this was a scam to stop Kavanaugh.

Those who didn't walked away from the Democratic party in this mess are long gone now and they'll never get back to reality.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

They wouldn't believe even if she tell everybody live on television that this was a scam to stop Kavanaugh.

Those who didn't walked away from the Democratic party in this mess are long gone now and they'll never get back to reality.

You speak the truth. It's too bad too. I work with a ton of these liberal Dems and they're really nice people. I'm finally letting them know who I voted for. I may actually get though to a couple of them.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Fair points and the same can be said of the right.

My thing is this fiasco will affect mainstream / centrist Democrats and more importantly independents. The walkaway movement is gaining numbers, with more than 300k walking away from the current democ4ratic party according to its founder.

The contrast between the 2 sides is the women accusing Kavanaugh and Trump all went dark when Trump won and Kavanaugh was confirmed.
On the other hand investigations into Clinton / Obama / FBI / FISA / Brennan et al are still going, even after they left office.

To me the continuation after the fact lends credibility to the investigation where as a hit and run leads me to not trust it.

We shall see what occurs in November.
edit on 6-10-2018 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

You speak the truth. It's too bad too. I work with a ton of these liberal Dems and they're really nice people. I'm finally letting them know who I voted for. I may actually get though to a couple of them.

Lucky you. One of my friends falls way on the deep left side. We were discussing Ford on facebook and she tried using the job interview excuse. I posted the results of Mitchell review after her appearance at the Ford hearing. She had no interest in anything that challenged her position. She then unfriended me.

One of my buddies told me she was disappointment and angry with me because I refused to accept Fords claims at face value.

The ironic part is our backgrounds - Law Enforcement and a journalist.

She promptly unfriended me on face book.

The irony when the left complains about tolerance and facts and civility only to have them ignore it all when they cant refute a fact that throws a blanket on their position.

Something everyone needs to remember -

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:44 PM
link   

So....

...stay quiet, and avoid prosecution for multiple felonies...

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:46 PM
link   

They know if they push impeachment they will have to come up with actual proof and know they have none, which then opens them up to perjury and other possible charges

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: madmac5150

So....

...stay quiet, and avoid prosecution for multiple felonies...

I think Democrats actions have made it almost impossible to not investigate and prosecute. Given everything that has occurred over the last few years I think Democrats awoke a sleeping giant.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

The saddest thing is that thanks to the number the press did, even if they did go into a court of law and he was vindicated fully there, they wouldn't believe.

Even with the outcome of Duke LaCrosse, you still run into people who make excuses and want to run down the accused even though they were wrongly accused because they so wanted the accuser to be right.

The same is true of the UVA rape story.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

They know if they push impeachment they will have to come up with actual proof and know they have none, which then opens them up to perjury and other possible charges

Yup and the other thing Democrats seem to forget is you need a majority in the House and Senate to impeach someone. I suppose that comes from them not bothering to read the constitution.

The weird part of impeachment is no actual crime has to occur to impeach someone. High crimes and misdemeanors is the requirement however because impeachment is a Congress only authority they get to define exactly what a high crime and misdemeanor is. Use of actual statutes is not required.

With that said impeaching a President simply because one party doesnt like the other would be met with the wrath of the American people as it would be viewed as a bureaucratic coup and abuse of power.

However last I checked Democratic leadership has told its members to drop the impeachment talk (since americans dont support it) and to stop focusing on the outrage of the day. I think Democrats are seeing their game plan from the past no longer works in the present, jeopardizing their future.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Her lawyers spoke well for her before and worked so hard to keep her "privacy".

No reason for them to lie now is there?

💥👥👥💥

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

💥👥👥💥

Lawyers got us where we are today.

Protest lawyers.

Fight the real power.

(I will probably be sued for this post...)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:58 PM
link   
It would seem Dr. Ford and her legal team have been apprised of some of the unpublished findings of the "incomplete" FBI investigation.

The matter is now closed.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

My thing is this fiasco will affect mainstream / centrist Democrats and more importantly independents. The walkaway movement is gaining numbers, with more than 300k walking away from the current democ4ratic party according to its founder.

The contrast between the 2 sides is the women accusing Kavanaugh and Trump all went dark when Trump won and Kavanaugh was confirmed.
On the other hand investigations into Clinton / Obama / FBI / FISA / Brennan et al are still going, even after they left office.

To me the continuation after the fact lends credibility to the investigation where as a hit and run leads me to not trust it.

#walkaway?

I hear that's all fake. Just Russian Bots and conservatives pretending to be liberals.

/sarc

link   

WASHINGTON --
With the Senate voting to confirm Brett Kavanaugh as an associate justice of the Supreme Court, Christine Blasey Ford has no further plans to pursue her sexual misconduct allegations against Kavanaugh, according to her lawyers.

Ford only wanted to speak with members of the Senate Judiciary Committee, her attorneys told CNN on Friday. Ford does not want the situation to "drag on into the next Congress should Democrats end up winning control on Capitol Hill," the network reported.

When asked about the possibility of impeachment proceedings, attorney Debra Katz told the network: "Professor Ford has not asked for anything of the sort. What she did was to come forward and testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee and agree to cooperate with any investigation by the FBI, and that's what she sought to do here."

"She does not want him to be impeached?" CNN's Dana Bash later asked.

"No," Katz replied flatly.

Ford's attorney Lisa Banks added that Ford feels she did the right thing by testifying and has no regrets.

click link for article..

Sooo, uhm.. yeeah..

To those on the right - we were correct
To those on the left - Told ya so.

All the accusers are dropping the media / accusation push against Kavanaugh. Dr. Ford doesnt want the investigation to continue or for Kavanaugh to be impeached should Democrats win the Senate / House in the midterms.

While I dont see Democrats winning either in the midterms, should it occur, lets watch Democrats once again ignore Kavanaughs request and do it anyways.

That is so F'd up.

I doubt he will, but I wish Kav would press charges against all 3 women that brought these BS claims.

If they were real I would be all about him going down.

Facts are....there are no facts and it was a political hit job. Someone should be held responsible....I'd settle for Feinstein. She was the catalyst for the whole charade. Need to put some fresh eyes on her Chinese spy days....

Is there anything upcoming in the SCOTUS that has anything to do with any Chinese companies?

link   

💥👥👥💥

Very much so. I believe Grassleys comments scared the hell out of the left. Not only did their character assassination fail with Kavanaughs confirmation, it was announced investigations into Democrats, Ford's lawyers and Ford herself are now in progress. A main focus of that is criminal activity with certain Democrats, Fords lawyers and Ford herself coupled with the media to expose the organized collaborative plan to bring down Kavanaugh.

One of Fords "witnesses" already stated she believes Ford but has no idea about the claims she is making. During the FBI followup she disclosed to them she was pressured by Ford allies to change her story to believing Ford and to corroborate what she said (witness tampering and Suborning Perjury).

They are under criminal, congressional and ethics committee (for the bar association) investigations.

Time to cut losses and hope for the best.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Carcharadon

#walkaway?

I hear that's all fake. Just Russian Bots and conservatives pretending to be liberals.

/sarc

lol

Social media has become the threat to the media and controlling the narrative. If it werent for Twitter and facebook the MSM would continue to lie and get away with it.

Those platforms changed that dynamic. It is why they are going after conservatives on those sites - to silence them.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Majic
It would seem Dr. Ford and her legal team have been apprised of some of the unpublished findings of the "incomplete" FBI investigation.

The matter is now closed.

Except for the investigation into her, her lawyers and some democrats and media personalities.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

💥👥👥💥

Very much so. I believe Grassleys comments scared the hell out of the left. Not only did their character assassination fail with Kavanaughs confirmation, it was announced investigations into Democrats, Ford's lawyers and Ford herself are now in progress. A main focus of that is criminal activity with certain Democrats, Fords lawyers and Ford herself coupled with the media to expose the organized collaborative plan to bring down Kavanaugh.

One of Fords "witnesses" already stated she believes Ford but has no idea about the claims she is making. During the FBI followup she disclosed to them she was pressured by Ford allies to change her story to believing Ford and to corroborate what she said (witness tampering and Suborning Perjury).

They are under criminal, congressional and ethics committee (for the bar association) investigations.

Time to cut losses and hope for the best.

Somewhere in D.C., there is a rental car with a well defined crease in the front seat...
edit on 6-10-2018 by madmac5150 because: Pfffffffft

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Impeachment of a Supreme Court Justice is different than that of a President.

All they need to do to impeach a SCJ is have a majority to vote that he/she is unfit for or unable to hold the office... no high crimes/misdemeanors involved.

Which is why I am surprised that they didn't do that when they had a super-majority last time around.

Of course, the court was still in their favor then...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join