It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alert for South China sea next month

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Next month the USA is planning on carrying out several large Naval exercises in the south China sea.

It was last month when a Chinese destroyer played chicken with a US surface ship so one can wonder what their rhetoric and response will be with these planned maneuvers ?

The whole 20 year plan to help China become a first world nation with favorable trade deals and uplift their economy has not worked as they have just become more and more belligerent.. Money can do that to people and assuredly nations.

An interesting video with a retired 4 star general who discusses the VP Pense speech on china's interference with trade, south china sea stuff, and even our elections... The video is what the USA would like and must do in his opinion...which presently reflects the administration's view IMO.

Anyway just a heads up as I was unaware of the planned maneuvers
youtu.be...

Next month could be a big deal or just allot of hot air from both sides.. either way it may get interesting in a geopolitical way.

edit on 727thk18 by 727Sky because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I hope nothing bad happens but if it did then we would not have to pay the one point three trillion dollar debt we have with them.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I hope nothing bad happens but if it did then we would not have to pay the one point three trillion dollar debt we have with them.

That could be part of the thinking as well... Maybe it doesn't work that way...i don't know. But yea, they are the boogeyman to our nation and we need to keep them in check.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The US and the Philippines, the US and Japan, and Japan on their own have already held significant exercises in the South China Sea recently. Australia, Vietnam, Japan, the US have all sailed ships through the area at levels higher than previous years.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:09 PM
link   
For those that were there in the "Cold War" there was even more "chicken" games going on
Especially with the Bears vs. the BUFFs
I remember....
Absolutely nothing new...

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Just hot air, maybe.

China can't do much, from what I've read they're not that capable of detecting/tracking fleets anyways. Even if they were and they tried something they wouldn't last two weeks. 1/4 if US naval force world be more than enough, imagine what the full brunt of US military plus allies could do to China...

If they escalated to nuclear or showed signs of it they'd be flattened most likely from all sides.

They don't need supercomputers to know this, they're years behind in nearly all aspects of warfare. Seems morale and corruption is the biggest kicker for China though, nah. They won't do anything, because realistically they can't.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 09:29 PM
link   
china has to be wetting themselves...they just dont seem to be scary enough to anyone.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: autopat51

why again is the US bullying and instigating China in the south China sea?

for what reason again?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
a reply to: autopat51

why again is the US bullying and instigating China in the south China sea?

for what reason again?

Look at a map and then tell us who is doing the bullying

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I'll be surprised if anything other than the usual happens. They are not ready yet. Another 10 years.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
My prediction is that a Chinese destroyer will sail very close to a US destroyer and they will collide. Which is just what happened recently, a Chinese destroyer came within 50 yards of the USS Decatur. That is very close in nautical terms.

This is the stated strategy by Chinese military assets. You may recall the US spy plane vs Chinese fighter plane incident where the Chinese fighter was flying extremely close, dangerously so. They collided, generally accept IIRC that the Chinese fighter crashed into the US plane's wing.

Then China will blame US for being in their territory and the US will blame China for operating in unsafe ways.

This exact incident is predicted in Destined For War, which details the Thucydides Trap and several ways this could happen to the US vs China. Basically 12 out of 14 times the Thucydides Trap ended in war. It will most likely do so this time.

Pence's speech was very accurate and I encourage ATSers to watch it.

edit on 7-10-2018 by SpartanStoic because: add stuff

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   
the normal one … oil reserves in the chinese sea…

a reply to: 727Sky

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
My prediction is that a Chinese destroyer will sail very close to a US destroyer and they will collide. Which is just what happened recently, a Chinese destroyer came within 50 yards of the USS Decatur. That is very close in nautical terms.

This is the stated strategy by Chinese military assets. You may recall the US spy plane vs Chinese fighter plane incident where the Chinese fighter was flying extremely close, dangerously so. They collided, generally accept IIRC that the Chinese fighter crashed into the US plane's wing.

Then China will blame US for being in their territory and the US will blame China for operating in unsafe ways.

This exact incident is predicted in Destined For War, which details the Thucydides Trap and several ways this could happen to the US vs China. Basically 12 out of 14 times the Thucydides Trap ended in war. It will most likely do so this time.

Pence's speech was very accurate and I encourage ATSers to watch it.

The US and China aren't going to war. 40 years of "The US and Russia are gonna go to war" predictions failed to take into account the reality that neither side had anything to gain from such an action. Neither of us is stupid enough actually start a war with each other. It would be a disaster for both countries.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   
The video is light on information but long on the carrier task group that will be in the south China sea... There are plans to sail all the way north through the Taiwan Straight.. Obviously a great show of force by the USA.. All that remains is to see if China is the paper tiger some claim they are or is their bite in their words..youtu.be...

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Trump, Trumpeting...

US Sends Final Warning To China

Published on Oct 5, 2018

While tensions between the two superpowers are at an all-time high, US Vice President Mike Pence warned that the United States will not back down against China's intimidation tactics in the South China Sea. The U.S. Pacific Fleet is also drafting plans for a global show of force to warn China during a single week of November to deter Beijing’s military actions.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   
The Royal Navy sailed through recently.

a reply to: Zaphod58

top topics

join