It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looking for reasonably good night vision

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That's all fine and good, and I agree for general moving around. However, it's a much different story looking through a rifle scope where you will see exactly zero. Your eyes can't adjust to that, because the scope already needs to collect light to work properly. Remove the light and you see nothing...especially the cross hairs of the scope (which is pretty important!).

Now, you could go with a lighted reticle scope, but those are even worse because while they illuminate the reticle they also night blind you out in front of the scope. So you can see the cross hairs, but not what you're shooting at (a very bad thing!).

NV is the way to go. The only way, unfortunately.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I gotcha.

Seems like its gotta be a technological solution after all!

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: lordcomac

So...

Seems like the situation is a little more complicated, because you are actually hunting things. If I may, its pretty daft to try and out hunt a pack. You are better off baiting them in, then slaying them when they stray from cover. The first one you kill, you should stake out. Trail its guts around your property, and air its skin out where any member of its pack can see it from the treeline.

It might make them think more than twice before encroaching again, and if it doesn't, then it will really piss them off at least.

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

What is the purpose of breathing in through the mouth and out through the nose?

Everything I've ever read or heard about using the breath to induce relaxation has it opposite (in thru nose, out thru mouth).

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 04:46 AM
link   
a reply to: DictionaryOfExcuses

It really doesn't make much difference. The only thing that matters is that you don't pant!

The idea here is to increase oxygen flow to the brain, so that its primed to operate at as close to peak as it can get, meaning that there is a marginal increase in detail recognition, which is very helpful for night sight.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join