It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok. UFC 229 live in 4 hours. whats your predictions?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Blame Danas greed.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears
POST REMOVED BY STAFF

[snipped]

Also, is Khabib not a Muslim? Is Islam not the religion of peace? Are Irish people masterful # talkers? I think politics have ruined your mind. Now, do this with me. Take a deep breath. Breathe. Relax bro. It'll be ok. Your guy won. For now. Maybe he gets to keep his belt? Maybe not. At least Putin called Khabib to congratulate him. He has the whole country of Russia behind him. Be happy your boy won.

But know this. I used to think like you. I wanted certain fighters to get destroyed. All because of my own emotional bias. Once I got over it, UFC became really and truly fun to watch. I said the name, and I'll repeat it. Mindsmash on YouTube. Check him out.

And no, I don't need to ignore you. You're a human being with some heavy emotions. I just feel you could place that somewhere else besides two fighters you'll never know personally.

Also, I apologise if you feel I attacked you, as you mentioned I was "picking a fight" with you.

edit on Sun Oct 7 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Courtesy is Mandatory

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   

well Khabib smashed him just like expected.

then he hops the cage and goes after Dilln Danis. Dillon Danis is Conor's jiu jitsu coach here in the states.

let me be clear and say i do not like what khabib did. i do not support that at all.
i wish he would not have done that.

but.. there is a but to this

it all started with conor and that bus.
conor has been talking # the whole time.

at the pressers conor is saying how this will never be over and how he(his team) will catch khabib and his manager at another time....

well i guess this is what happens when you dont want it to ever be over.
i am sure conor and his team are fine with it when conor attacks a bus full of people.

now we will see the treatment conor gets vs what khabib gets.

conor was still the ufc golden boy after that bus incident.

khabib is going to get his money stripped. the fight will probably be overturned. he will get suspended at least.

i do not approve of it and i wish he did not do it but i am having trouble feeling to bad considering the # conor has done and said and danis too.

wish it would not have happened though.

but so much for conor will knock him out in 1 shot and khabib will not be able to take him down.

as expected

I agree with this.........and so much for Khabib is just a ground fighter too.......

That dude rocked Conor SEVERAL times with smashes to his face, he hit him so hard one time I thought Conor was gonna go down, hell I think Conor thought he was gonna go down lol......

Was a great fight, honestly this whole card was one of the best I have seen in YEARS

Im really pissed about what he did, but like you I can understand why......Conor needed to be humbled

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Blame Danas greed.

That's pretty much it. The way Dana was coddling Conor in the octo made me laugh. His golden cash cow got TTFO. (Tapped the fug out).

I'd love to know what Dana said to Conor.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Tiny is a emotionally charged fool. I stopped reading his rant at ... "but".

I know his type. Even admitting to being a casual fan. That's cool, but watch it for the fights. Not for the political value. You can have your favorite fighters, that's fine. But to wish for someone to get destroyed? Man. Tiny has some issues that need to be addressed. Wishing harm on someone they know NOTHING about is ridiculous.

One final note. Khabib just once again showed the true side of the "religion of peace".

was not long till the religion of peace comments showed up

Didn't you know that Khabib has to be perfect at all times because he has the wrong religion and does not look like us. Of course your supposed to deflect and deny that is the case, except in snide little asides. It is right in the rulebook on page 364.

Re-read the rule book TinySickTears because your causing torrents of tiny sick tears to spring forth from the eyes of those you converse with.

Connor gets pass because reasons, Khabib does not because reasons. No need to elaborate more than that, because reasons.

Now before everyone gets in a hufflepuff. Kudos to the people who think both Khabib and Connor are a-holes. Boo to the people who laugh Connors stunts away and get all super-duper-deathly-integrity-of-the-sport serious over Khabib pulling the same kind of stunts.

Although I am sure you have your reasons.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

POST REMOVED BY STAFF

And homophobic comments too boot.

its a figure of speech

quit being a baby about #

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy

Didn't you know that Khabib has to be perfect at all times because he has the wrong religion and does not look like us. Of course your supposed to deflect and deny that is the case, except in snide little asides. It is right in the rulebook on page 364.

true.
i forgot

thanks for reminding me

muslims can never slip up and let their emotions get the best of them.

all others though?
totally fine

thanks for the reminder

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:47 AM
link   
so apparently Danis was yelling at him during the fight and calling him a terrorist.

it is understandable emotions got the best of him.

also during the pressers Conor said multiple times he is glad khabib did not get off the bus because he was going to kill him and he would be in jail forever.

there is talking # and hyping a fight and then there is that line

saying those things. saying it will never be over and youre going to catch them somewhere else.......

i wish it would not have happened but i can understand it just ratcheting up with all those emotions.

khabib is definitely going to pay.

just lost 2 million.
probably going to get a heavy suspension and a pretty big fine

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: rollanotherone

100%
i am never going to learn

i am not hear really to argue about what type of fan i am or you are

i am hear to talk about conor getting smashed and understand why khabib did what he did

hopefully get some info i dont already have

not really here for your crying and trying to tell me what sort of fan to be

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
John Kavanaugh, Conor's head coach is supposed to be on Rogan tomorrow

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Conor shouldn't have taken that fight. Tony Ferguson is a way better fight for him maybe...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Conor shouldn't have taken that fight. Tony Ferguson is a way better fight for him maybe...

why shouldnt he have taken it?

cause it was a bad stylistic match for him and a good chance he was going to get smashed?

Tony is bad for him too. great from the bottom

i think Tony beats him too in a different fashion

wait until Garry Tonon gets picked up. he is 2-0 in One FC right now

striking is not good but his grappling if of the highest level and his wrestling it on point too.
fights 155

i say he could come in and stomp conor right now

Tonon is one of the grappling coaches/training partners of GSP

he and Gordon Ryan have been going to Tri Star with Danaher for a while now

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
gonna post this in both threads for the people talking about sportsmanship and how they are going to stick with Bellator

Conor storming into the cage to congratulate his buddy and then rushing the guy his buddy just beat

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Tony's the real champ anyways

Just think it's an interesting fight could go either way imo

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: TinySickTears

Tony's the real champ anyways

Just think it's an interesting fight could go either way imo

oh dude i want/wanted to see that more than khabib vos conor

khabib vs conor was a beating
khabib vs tony will be a fight

tony is nasty man

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Irish wins by 1st Round K.O.... Referee Stoppage ...devastating K.O and the worst damage doesn't come from the shot that stops him it comes from the followup shot that hits him just before he hits the floor or shortly thereafter..

Another failed prediction.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lysergic
Blame Danas greed.

in the end though Khabib should not have hopped the cage dana and the UFC need to bear some of the responsibility here.

going back to them not doing a single thing to conor for the bus incident
the way they promoted it

conors constant antics like this

coming out to the presser drinking whiskey and trying to kick him at the stare down
saying he went to the bus to kill him

saying he was going to catch him somewhere else

it does not make what khabib did ok but when you look at the full picture it becomes possible to understand

dana/UFC need to reign this # and and keep the sport legitimate

no more of these types of antics
get brock out of there or let him work his way up the ranks.
get CM punk out of here

missing or late to media obligations? fined
# like the bus? fined/suspension/ban
jon jones failing multiple tests? done/banned

thats the only way this thing is going to be legitimate

it has to be fair play across the board even if your golden boy is involved

if not it is WWE

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: one4all

Irish wins by 1st Round K.O.... Referee Stoppage ...devastating K.O and the worst damage doesn't come from the shot that stops him it comes from the followup shot that hits him just before he hits the floor or shortly thereafter..

Another failed prediction.

you would think after 25 years people would catch on

when you have a guy that high level on the ground and a guy that is not very good at all on the ground more often than not the ground fighter is going to take it.
yes it does not happen all the time but more often than not it does.

conor is good in a scramble and he showed some decent defense but for the most part the golden boy looked helpless on the ground like everyone else khabib has went against.

i think people get caught up in the flashy # with conors movements and strikes.

Chad mendes gave him a fit and he took the fight on 2 weeks notice
nate smoked him the first time
conor squeaked by with a decision in their second fight but lets not forget in the last round conor was literally jogging/running away from nate
khabib smashed him

he is a great striker.
he is average on the ground and people get caught up and he is the goat.

people on reddit were saying that khabib would not even be able to take him down
he was going to starch khabib in the first round
khabib was never going to be able to hit him

all the evidence to the contrary was there for us all to see

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   

you would think after 25 years people would catch on

You think, right? But some people just don't get it.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join