It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ok. UFC 229 live in 4 hours. whats your predictions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

another asshat fixin to get schooled......ego always gets knocked around......

Just like Connor did tonight...would have been so much better w out the bull# Khabib pulled.......

But he still got taken to task.....

So sick of the UFC moving towards WWF or WWE grandstanding........thats why so many are moving to bellator

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:34 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Khabib will not get his purse according to Dana per the Athletic Commision.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Dude watching this Ferguson fight right now

Damn dude he went right for that knee off that batt!

But yeah I'm sick of the gay ass wwf # too man, I hate Lesnars roided face.

Honestly Lesnar imao started it, riding Heath Herrington like a horse and pretending to lasso him, I mean he bitch rolled but lets be real he's a roid freak ontop being a freak of nature.
edit on 7-10-2018 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

yeh im done man.....fk the UFC.......Bellator......dont make the same mistake please

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:00 AM
link   
well Khabib smashed him just like expected.

then he hops the cage and goes after Dilln Danis. Dillon Danis is Conor's jiu jitsu coach here in the states.

let me be clear and say i do not like what khabib did. i do not support that at all.
i wish he would not have done that.

but.. there is a but to this

it all started with conor and that bus.
conor has been talking # the whole time.

at the pressers conor is saying how this will never be over and how he(his team) will catch khabib and his manager at another time....

well i guess this is what happens when you dont want it to ever be over.
i am sure conor and his team are fine with it when conor attacks a bus full of people.

now we will see the treatment conor gets vs what khabib gets.

conor was still the ufc golden boy after that bus incident.

khabib is going to get his money stripped. the fight will probably be overturned. he will get suspended at least.

i do not approve of it and i wish he did not do it but i am having trouble feeling to bad considering the # conor has done and said and danis too.

wish it would not have happened though.

but so much for conor will knock him out in 1 shot and khabib will not be able to take him down.

as expected

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

So. You don't want to see good fghts. You just want one sided beat downs. I'd say you're not a true fan of mixed martial arts, but it'd go over your head.

I'm hoping to see two amazing warriors bring their best fight to the octo. Really excited to see Ferguson. Pettis was a beast. This fight will be good.

You really gotta stop with this "Conor lame, Conor big ego, me smarter fight person than make Conor" and watch the styles. I used to be like you. Then I started watching Mindsmash on YouTube. He don't give a fug about emotions, just the styles and fight IQ of the fighters. Just watch it for the entertainment. Don't make it a political emotional issue.

dont know why youre talking # trying to pick a fight.

i am not a fan of 1 sided beat downs. i am a fan of a 1 sided beat down in this fight.
i do not like conor. i do not like how he acts. the bus thing. all his # talking.

so yes i wanted to see him get smashed.

i am a casual fan of MMA. i follow a few fighters pretty serious and watch fight or 2 from each card.
i am a jiu jitsu fan mostly.

i love khabibs style of wrestling. i do not like conors attitude with anything.
i am glad he got smashed.

i just wish the aftermath would not have happened.

but go ahead and keep talking # about me

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   
and not for nothing but conor grabbed khabibs gloves a few times which is illegal.
he hit him with an illegal knee
he was lacing his toes into he fence

these are all illegal moves and any other fighter not the golden child would have been warned at least.

he was right in front of conors corner when he was smashing him so who knows what dillon danis was saying.

i wish this would not have happened but when i look at the whole picture starting with the bus incident and then the things conor was saying then cheating in the ring i get it.

bad move by khabib but i get it

conor saying it will never be over and how they will catch them somewhere else....

well i guess this is what it looks like.

oh well.

the fight itself went how i want and how i expected.

only other khabib fight i want to see is tony ferguson. i always thought that was a better fight anyway.
tony is nasty from his back.

other than that i will probably be done with ufc for a while.

the next guy i am paying attention to for mma fights in one fc

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:16 AM
link   
and now that different angles come out you can see

Danis yelling at Khabib
Khabib jumps out of cage
Conor jumps on cage and throws a punch at Knabibs coach

Then the guy from khabibs team comes and swings on conor

twitter.com...

edit on 7-10-2018 by TinySickTears because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:19 AM
link   
khabibs guys released and conor is not pressing charges

twitter.com...

khabib not getting his fight purse though.

this stunt cost him 2 million dollars

from another link

‏@softybearr Replying to @RamGilboa If you check closely, khabib's team are going to jump over the octagon to come help khabib outside. But at this moment, conor lands a hook on the khabib's guy on the fence. That's why they started fighting conor. that'd be great if they stop saying everything is khabib's fault.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:41 AM
link   
and all the people done with ufc...
i get it but why now?

not done with UFC after conor throws a dolly through a buss window and injures several fighters.

not done with ufc after dana and the ufc literally doing nothing about it

not done with the ufc after dana using the bus incident in every promo

i do get it but why now?
just the tipping point??

i get that too

i do not like what khabib did but if you watch different camera angles and the lead up to this conor is not mr innocent little birdy in all this.

but khabib made a major mistake

khabib said his dad is going to smash him when he gets home.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
i dot have pics yet but people on reddit are saying that Dillon Danis was holding up pics/photoshops/memes making fun of Khabib and his religion.
not 100% on that yet.

he was talking # though.

before anyone jumps on my posts i will say again i do not approve of what Khabib did and i wish he didnt do it.

i hear this a lot on these boards though

"actions have consequences" right

well there you go.

Danis didnt have to run his mouth and/or do the meme things.

and Khabibs actions have consequences too. he paid 2 million dollars for this mistake.
far more than conor paid for doing far worse.

just try to understand the emotions.
conor cheating during the fight. conor saying it will never be over and they will find khabib and his manager somewhere else.
danis running his mouth.

i do not approve of it but i certainly understand it

in the end though the fight played out as expected.
khabib took him down with his very first attempt. not even 20 seconds in

smashed him for a couple rounds

stood right in front of the 'greatest striker in mma with 1 punch KO power' and dropped him #ing hard

made conor tap

thats the long and short of it

now we just have to see what happens.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Just because someone is talking trash, no matter how harsh, dosent justify jumping the cage like that

Nor does Conner “cheating”. The cheating you speak of was very very mild and probably warranted a warning at best, so I don’t see how that factors in to khabib jumping the cage

As far as conners bus incident being worse, I disagree

While that was bad, it was outside a sanctioned ufc fight, so only regularaws apply

Dana is right that this occurring on one of UFC’s biggest nights with the governor their means the punishment is out of his hands

The athletic commission will be the people to bring the hammer down

I am just thankful the crowd didn’t get out of hand and maul someone

It reminded me of the Tyson fight where Tupac got shot

Khabib has the chance to be a hero, grab the belt and tell Conner to stuff it, and even Conner fans would have had to admit khabib beat him down

Now instead he looks like a fool and may never fight in the ufc again

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Holding the glove is so minor you can't call that cheating.

This entire event was bad for the sport and Danis was a spectator so the same rules don't apply to him. He was an idiot to jump the cage unless to hype a fight be you still don't touch someone especially a customer or trainer

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Just because someone is talking trash, no matter how harsh, dosent justify jumping the cage like that

i agree

thats why i said 10 times i dont approve and wish he did not do it

i said i understand it. there is a difference

he will fight for the UFC. what are you talking about?

no charges filed as of now and even if so he will be able to fight.
he already lost 2 million dollars

the athletic commission will more than likely suspend him for a time and fine him.
he is not getting a lifetime ban

the guys that jumped in to box up conor are banned though. Dana said they will never fight in the UFC

the cheating was still cheating. just making a separate point.

i wish he did not jump the fence but i do get it.

you know as well as i do if conor had won and jumped the fence to get after islam or something people would be loving it.

definitely not a good move by khabib.

look even if he does not fight again for the ufc
he still smashed conor which is what i expected and what i wanted to see.

i would love to see khabib vs tony but if i dont i am not going to be broken up about it

i think tony ferguson has the best chance of beating khabib and if they fight i will be pulling for him

he is a 10th planet black belt under eddie bravo. i dont root against 10th planet

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Holding the glove is so minor you can't call that cheating.

This entire event was bad for the sport and Danis was a spectator so the same rules don't apply to him. He was an idiot to jump the cage unless to hype a fight be you still don't touch someone especially a customer or trainer

well make sure you speak out for conor throwing the left hook to khabibs coaches jaw. i posted a twitter link that showed it

so minor you cant call it cheating??

ok man. lets give conor another pass i guess

holding the gloves is against the rules. he did it 3 times. and the illegal knee. and lacing the toes in the fence

he was losing and getting smashed and he cheated. multiple times. bottom line

to be honest i see more and more # that is bad for the sport which is a major problem i have with it

the pressers are getting more and more animated

brock coming in after dc beat stipe and pushing him and going all WWE

the UFC has been on the slide towards WWE for w while now and it is getting worse

conor propagates a lot of that and dana goes right along with it because it makes him money

the ufc needs to lock all this bull# down now

no more of this crap

diaz and conor throwing # at each other at a presser.
bull#

the bus thing

IMO conor should have received a lifetime ban for that but instead they run that as the promo for 2 months leading up to it.

they need to quash all that

media obligations. conor not showing up and coming late. gets a pass

dana has fined people for that before. not conor

the UFC needs to tighten up on all that # and stop chasing the money cause it is taking away from the sport.

jon jones testing positive multiple times then getting a retro suspension time served deal and turning snitch for usada so now he can fight again
thats bull# too

brock getting a title shot against DC after he beat stipe who was the most dominant champ in the UFC ever.
brock didnt earn that. it is not the best fight by far but it is a money fight

that is the direction the UFC is going
whatever makes money is acceptable

its terrible

conor attacked people. hurt people. people missed fights and got injured and the ufc did nothing about it.

they have been on the downhill slide for a while now

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Wow back up dude I'm not a Conor fan boy just think it's the refs job and should have gave him a warning.

Yea stipe deserved a rematch and Jon Jones should still be suspended. Conor brings in the $$$$ its as simple as that.

And hyping the fight is different then attacking spectators. Just get your hand raised and enjoy the biggest victory of your career but instead he jumps the cage and his boys attack Conor.

Conor hit the guy who jumped the cage

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

Wow back up dude I'm not a Conor fan boy just think it's the refs job and should have gave him a warning.

Yea stipe deserved a rematch and Jon Jones should still be suspended. Conor brings in the $$$$ its as simple as that.

And hyping the fight is different then attacking spectators. Just get your hand raised and enjoy the biggest victory of your career but instead he jumps the cage and his boys attack Conor.

Conor hit the guy who jumped the cage

i agree dude
dont approve but i understand

and a coach trying to get in the cage does not warrant getting punched in the face.

conor punched him dude. i posted a link with a camera angle that shows it

also hyping the fight is different than attacking fighters on a bus

but i agree this should not have happened

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

Nor does Conner “cheating”. The cheating you speak of was very very mild and probably warranted a warning at best, so I don’t see how that factors in to khabib jumping the cage

As far as conners bus incident being worse, I disagree

While that was bad, it was outside a sanctioned ufc fight, so only regularaws apply

Dana is right that this occurring on one of UFC’s biggest nights with the governor their means the punishment is out of his hands

The athletic commission will be the people to bring the hammer down

I am just thankful the crowd didn’t get out of hand and maul someone

It reminded me of the Tyson fight where Tupac got shot

Khabib has the chance to be a hero, grab the belt and tell Conner to stuff it, and even Conner fans would have had to admit khabib beat him down

Tiny is a emotionally charged fool. I stopped reading his rant at ... "but".

I know his type. Even admitting to being a casual fan. That's cool, but watch it for the fights. Not for the political value. You can have your favorite fighters, that's fine. But to wish for someone to get destroyed? Man. Tiny has some issues that need to be addressed. Wishing harm on someone they know NOTHING about is ridiculous.

One final note. Khabib just once again showed the true side of the "religion of peace".

(post by TinySickTears removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Super happy Khabib choked out Conor.

Not happy with what happened afterwards.

Ferguson v Pettis was a much better fight though.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join