It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US to 'Take Out' Russian Missiles, NATO Launches Largest Drill Since Cold War, at Russian Border!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:35 PM
link   

United States ambassador to NATO on Tuesday announced US envoy will “take out” Russian missiles in violation of a longstanding arms control treaty.

NATO will deploy 45,000 troops to Northern Europe in what will be the alliance's largest "defensive" exercise since the end of the Cold War.

Whenever I hear the word 'drill' its like a warning right before not being one. Likewise with 'defense'. Are we living in an inverted reality where the announcement of one thing means the inverse? Sure seems so.

Talk about transparency, it's crystal clear!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: watersabove

While I think the US is legitimately concerned about these missile systems, it sounds like the Russians are far more concerned about our response. It sounds like more tough talk from Trump. It's what he does. That said, I fear a serious escalation with Russia. I pray it never happens.

The drill is concerning, but it's just our response to the delivery of the missile systems in Syria. Saber rattling.
edit on 5-10-2018 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:56 PM
link   

This is a recurring exercise, and Russia has been invited to send observers to watch as it happens.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   

It's a dog and pony show by both sides. Don't think for a moment there will actually ever be a war between Russia and the West.

For one, Russia is not dumb enough to trigger a war with NATO.

This is all about money and internal propaganda. Both sides need a current perceived enemy to justify the military spending and escalation in weapons. They will all continue to threaten each other when on camera and then share a shot of Vodka or Whiskey off camera. It's the old Cold War game.

You would think people would figure that out instead of jumping into hysterics when there is no real threat from either side.

You won't see any NATO or US generals quaking in their boots over Russia's comparatively puny military. It's a game. An ugly game.
edit on 10/5/2018 by Blaine91555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

@10:15 " can you imagine the new wave that will hit Europe - A refugee crisis"

Syria not turning out the way the US wanted.

Gotta make sure more old bullets expended to produce new bullets, keep the MIC in business at the expense of the US taxpayer.

One of the comments on the Youtube link

KnightInShiningASMR

Look how Israel started this whole mess by hiding behind the Russian military plane,and now they send Americans to die by S300!! America is protecting the Israeli air force!! LOOKS LIKE AMERICANS WILL BE THE FIRST TO GET SHOT Look how I DOWN.YOU CAN'T HAVE DEAD ISRAELI'S,THAT JUST ISN'T ALLOWED.IT MUST BE AMERICAN LIVES LOST.PAY UP AMERICA,PAY WITH YOUR LIVES.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: TheConstruKctionofLight

I don't read hyperbolic nonsense.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The US ambassador to NATO was stating that they would seek out the capability to take out the missiles that violate the treaty. The language was perhaps poor. Russian state/oligarch media is capitalizing on it for propaganda purposes, as are our own journalists to sell a story, both who are trying to make it out as an actual threat. Sad!
edit on 6/10/18 by C0bzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
Syria not turning out the way the US wanted.

Gotta make sure more old bullets expended to produce new bullets, keep the MIC in business at the expense of the US taxpayer.

I'm sorry but this claim always makes me shake my head. Utterly irregardless of Syria, Russia, or China, the MIC is not in any danger of going out of business.

In the last five years, just looking at aviation related programs, and leaving out the F-35 (all of these are multibillion dollar programs):

KC-46
T-X
MQ-25
EC-130 Recapitalization
UH-1 Replacement
B-21
CH-53K
B-1 Modernization/ Upgrade

Upcoming programs or programs in the early stages (again, just the multibillion dollar programs):

KC-Y
KC-Z
FVL Capability Set 1&2
PCA/NGAD(F-XX & F/A-XX)
E-3 Replacement
NGJ
Ground Based Deterrent
ABMS
B-52 Engine replacement
B-52 Radar replacement
B-2 DMS-M
F-15 Rewing/upgrades(possible program)

These are just the white world programs. The classified programs are seeing a big increase as well. All this is because the Pentagon wanted to play games to make sure the F-22 and F-35 went through before starting on other programs, which pushed many aircraft and systems well beyond their planned life cycles.
edit on 10/6/2018 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

I think the big issue is the vast increase in the use of foreign parts in the newer weapons.

As for the KC-Y, I thought that was dead?

And the NGF for the Navy (FA-XX) is separate from NGAD/PCA. It's also really, really underfunded unless it's using black budget money. The navy might be waiting for the F-35C to hit the decks en mass before ramping up, I suppose...

which pushed many aircraft and systems well beyond their planned life cycles.

Are you sure you're not British, Mr. Euphemism?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   
a reply to: anzha

KC-Y is still happening, but won't be a competitive bid program. They'll just modernize the KC-46 design and buy more of them.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Well obviously you read my post LOL

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Attempts at running NATO drill in the Azov sea, could be seen as an attempt to surround and attack Crimea ...
That will inevitably result in the physical end to any NATO presence in Ukraine and the end of Ukrainian statehood.

Repercussions on western-leaning former soviet republics will be a catastrophe without any historical precedent.
edit on 19-10-2018 by Flanker86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 19 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Flanker86

Uh huh. Kind of like how NATO was utterly destroyed in Syria.

posted on Oct, 23 2018 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Flanker86

Uh huh. Kind of like how NATO was utterly destroyed in Syria.

Syria shmazia. Nobody cares about a backwater Arab country.

posted on Oct, 24 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: yoktishi

Apart from the millions of people who live Syria.....

top topics

join