It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployment Rate Hits The Lowest Level Since 1969 Does Obama Still want Credit?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

originally posted by: notsure1

originally posted by: Tompdx3
a reply to: notsure1

Yeah, he is killing something alright. But it is nothing good however you wish to spin it in your head!

This is called "denial"

Or just the partisan circle jerk.

Trump supporters say the economy is great because of him. The left says this is all coming in from the end of Obama's reign.

Aside from the stock market, the economy isn't that great. Considering nothing fixed what happened in 08', it surely could happen again, and many say it may be worse.

If you look at average Americans, their pay isn't increasing, and debt continues to mount on them and the country.

My pay increased. I'm a middle class American. A great economy, historic lows, 2 years into Trump's presidency. Why WOULDN'T he get credit for that? I guess it took 8 full years for all of obama's policies to get started, lol.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Jefferton

I would assume being born in Kenya would be quite the nightmare.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
ObaMao only knows how to do two things... take credit for anything that is even remotely positive despite the fact it’s patently obvious he had nothing to do with it (the Allies winning WWII 😜) and shift blame to anyone within arms reach for anything that is in the least little bit negative...

His water carriers are just as bad as he is.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker and even they are not seeing benefit. Yes, we’ve become the worlds number 1 oil producing country, but at a loss of 17 billion. Our oil industry has actually lost money in order to push production so high. Of course, we the people will likely wind up paying for it via “subsidies”.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

No one gets credit. Baby boomers are retiring.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Yeah, he is killing something alright. But it is nothing good however you wish to spin it in your head!

This is called "denial"

Trump supporters say the economy is great because of him. The left says this is all coming in from the end of Obama's reign.

Aside from the stock market, the economy isn't that great. Considering nothing fixed what happened in 08', it surely could happen again, and many say it may be worse.

If you look at average Americans, their pay isn't increasing, and debt continues to mount on them and the country.

My pay increased. I'm a middle class American. A great economy, historic lows, 2 years into Trump's presidency. Why WOULDN'T he get credit for that? I guess it took 8 full years for all of obama's policies to get started, lol.

3-5% in a year is nothing more than a talking point.

Our checks have not been increasing at a rate where purchasing power was the same as the 80's or 90's.

Many of our consumable goods have been increasing in price as the value of the dollar has been dropping.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:22 PM
link   

If it isn't good, why would the left try and claim responsibility for it? Serious question. Everything I am reading shows the left and Obama claiming all the good that is happening now is because of their efforts. So which is it?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Ameilia

maga-kadabra mr obama

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
Because they are both full of crap. In fact, they are both the same party, bunch of corporatist hacks distracting us with abortion and kneeling, while we surrender our sovereignty over any issue where it’s the public vs corporate profit or war.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:32 PM
link   
And I mean this. You are all literally losing your country while clinging to repub or dem, Obama or bush or trump, meanwhile all your rights are being taken away, and your right to the wealth that you earn. Unless we all come together to unequivocally reject both parties and all they truly stand for, we will all be serfs in an autocratic corporatocracy, living off their scraps, trying to get by in a polluted poisonous world, where the cops or military can come into your home, any time, help themselves to all your things, and kill your dog. This is what both parties are working towards. And it’s not far off.

And it only gets ever harder to do anything about it as time goes on.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: pexx421

foolish partisan hacky arguments are a disgrace to these boards TBH

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

foolish partisan hacky arguments are a disgrace to these boards TBH

People have willingly become pundits, both sides see inuvidualism as a flaw.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

This is called "denial"

3-5% in a year is nothing more than a talking point.

Our checks have not been increasing at a rate where purchasing power was the same as the 80's or 90's.

Many of our consumable goods have been increasing in price as the value of the dollar has been dropping.

You said nobody's pay increased. I told you mine did. Amazon just raised their minimum wage to $15 an hour, they're not the only company to increase wages. They've been stagnant where I work, too. Now we have a system in place that not only increased wages, but also gives everyone a $1.00 annual raise on their anniversary date. This trend may not be nation wide yet but it's picking up.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Trump simply brought confidence back into the market and the economy is expanding as it should have all along.

Obama and his policies created and air of uncertainty which constrained investment. Businesses don't want to invest / expand when they aren't sure if government is going to put their boot on the neck of the business through higher taxes, regulations, ACA, etc. The constant regulations / bureaucracy makes it hard for businesses to invest for the long term and grow when all they can do is focus on compliance.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

one of the main problems in the economy is the barrier to entry for good jobs is through the roof

many of the good jobs that aren't getting filled aren't getting filled because companies refuse to train the younger generation

baby boomers, climb the ladder and pull it up behind them

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

it's not expanding through genuine growth though most of the expansion has come in the form of debt, look at the numbers it's in the data

you work in real estate you probably see it more than some of us do, I work in construction I see nothing but debt purchases and business's going deeper into debt

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:42 PM
link   

You just named the people who have been president this century. Everything took a turn for the worst around 2002 and a liberal Congress ran our country into the ground in 2007 to make it look bad on Republicans, that's how they won in 2008. Trump was elected to get this country back to the form it was in prior to the 21st Century. You know, back when R's and D's knew the border was a problem and gang activity was a problem. Clinton, in 1996, called for increased law enforcement in high crime areas and more border security. Democrats lost their way when they stopped recognizing all of that for fear of being called a racist all the while calling everyone who still realized it a racist. Now they support sanctuary cities, ghettos, and bridges instead of walls. THAT is when this country took a full on #.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You said nobody's pay increased. I told you mine did. Amazon just raised their minimum wage to $15 an hour, they're not the only company to increase wages.

Then I explained they don't increase because purchasing power goes down.

As for Amazon, they also took away bonuses and stock options to achieve that, it was a stunt.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

But we will see if there is any "trickle down", or if corporations/stock holders just pocket it.

That's kind of a dumb statement.

I and anybody with a 401K is a shareholder and I also own stock.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: toysforadults

one of the main problems in the economy is the barrier to entry for good jobs is through the roof

many of the good jobs that aren't getting filled aren't getting filled because companies refuse to train the younger generation

baby boomers, climb the ladder and pull it up behind them

If you're talking about Gen Y, that's because a majority of their attitudes are mostly still immature and incapable of holding a little power. They're usually kids who want a promotion or high ranking spot without earning it. Baby Boomers promote based on merit like everyone else should do. My opinion anyways. I'm a 39 year old Gen X'er.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join