It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of Interpol reported missing

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:17 AM
link   
very good joke.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpartanStoic
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Earlier this year China Gov't disappeared the most famous actress in the country Fan Bingbing for "tax evasion" without telling anyone anything. She was missing for nearly 3 months including no social media posts which she normally does quite frequently. She just recently resurfaced in gov't custody in a different province from where she resides and in the special facility where she is under house arrest.

Now, the Chinese head of Interpol Meng goes missing in China. Aside from this being hilarious, which it totally is, it also proves the total disregard the CCP has for it's own legal framework. Another poster speculated this has to do with international fentanyl distribution which is run out of China and I can believe maybe he was investigating that and you know actually doing his job. (Why Trump hasn't banned chemical shipments from China is beyond me but that's another topic.)

The CCP totally grabbed him and won't say anything until they have enough false evidence to trot him out for the public's consumption and charge him with a manufactured crime.

(CCP = Chinese Communist Party)

Especially seeing as drugs were an area of expertise for Meng;

Mr Meng has 40 years of experience in criminal justice and policing in China, notably in the fields of drugs, counter-terrorism and border control, according to Interpol.

I had brought up the disapperence and then reappearance of Bingbing as well. Banning all chemical shipments wouldn’t do much good as it’s already an illicit trade and would still make it into the states along hidden amongst all the rubber dog doo and what not. (props if you got the Air America movie reference)

It will definently be interesting to see what happens with this, IMO he must have caught the ire of Xi and the CCP.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Nothing like the pursuit of higher reeducation to stimulate the mind.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:30 AM
link   
I don't know about the rest of you but I feel a whole lot safer knowing this... 😬

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
I don't know about the rest of you but I feel a whole lot safer knowing this... 😬

How is that? Am I missing something?

Majic: lol great post man!

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

How is that? Am I missing something?

Majic: lol great post man!

We the people are being pitted against each other, at least that is how it seems, I don't have answers I have questions.
edit on 6-10-2018 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 12:37 PM
link   
China have confirmed they have detained Meng Hongwei.

Beijing said he was under investigation by the country's anti-corruption body for unspecified breaches of the law.

Mr Meng, who is also listed as a vice-minister of public security in China, was reported missing after travelling from the city of Lyon in France, where Interpol is based, to China
www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

well thats interesting

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Indeed , NBC are reporting Meng Hongwei has resigned from Interpol.

JUST IN: Interpol says it has received the resignation of Meng Hongwei, who had been reported missing, as president.

Interplod statement.
twitter.com...

We'll have to wait for the charges but his arrest seems to be for internal matters.

edit on 7-10-2018 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Well now...

Interesting development.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Something about all of this does not smell right.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nucleardoom

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The official said Meng did arrive in China.

And we're supposed to just believe he never arrived back in China? Sounds like more bullsh*t from the Chinese government attempting a cover up.

If this guy ended up pissing off the wrong people he's going to be tough to track down. He probably ended up being sold in parts after being dissected in a Chinese death wagon. A tough way to go for sure.

Great places to live all require the prerequisite of the Execution Van.

I hate to say it but, what a sh*thole of a country.

I know a lot of people in China, have been there 3 times, one time for 5 weeks, and it is true what you say, but not because of the average citizen. Most all Chinese citizens hate the communist party, but have been conditioned to stay silent, or face torture and death for challenging the communist party, especially in public. Now that the current president crowned himself a lifetime term as "core leader", it will get even worse from here.

The culture doesn't ruin everyone there, because most people understand the difference between good and evil.

The government in China has to be helping the fentanyl, (Fēn tài ní), trade, or it wouldn't be happening at all. And proof that they are is easy to show by how they are using every kind of devious ways to steal American military secrets, reverse engineer stolen tech, and coercing American companies into unbelievable situations that give the Chinese government control over their business decisions and even hiring decisions not just in China at these company's overseas offices, but also in America, if these companies wish to do business in China. Bribes and threats and manipulations that makes old Mafia tactics look like rookie material.

China Communists wants to eventually own the planet and they will use any means available to get there unless they are stopped. To stop them will eventually lead to some massive losses of life in my opinion. The CIA, NSA, NRO better get off their asses and make some bold moves or they will lose, and then everyone loses.

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 05:57 PM
link   
www.wsj.com...

'under investigation'

The president of Interpol, whose wife reported him missing in China last week, has resigned after Chinese authorities announced he was under investigation, the international police organization said.

Meng Hongwei’s resignation Sunday came hours after China’s Central Commission for Discipline Inspection said Mr. Meng was under investigation by the country’s National Supervisory Commission, without specifying the allegations.

Interpol had called on Beijing to clarify Mr. Meng’s status after French officials said Mr. Meng’s wife contacted them on Thursday to say she hadn’t heard from her husband since late September when he left Interpol’s headquarters in France for a trip to China.

so glad I don't live there. sounds like a horrible police state.

www.thisisinsider.com...

Fan Bingbing, one of China's most famous actresses, mysteriously disappeared for three months after being accused of tax evasion. On Wednesday she broke her silence, offering a simpering apology to Beijing and swearing to change her ways.
Her fall from grace serves as a powerful warning shot from China to show that nobody can escape their scrutiny.

lots of celebrities think their fame makes them invulnerable.

and all those Hollywood freaks whine about Trump being a dictator
that's why they never leave the USA despite threats/promises to do so. they know they're safe here.

edit on 7-10-2018 by ElGoobero because: add content

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:42 AM
link   
It appears the charge is corruption no big surprise the question is what did he do to get the CCP after him?

amp.cnn.com...

(CNN) The head of Interpol, who vanished after taking a flight to Beijing, is being held and investigated for corruption, the Chinese Ministry of Public Security said in a statement Monday. Meng Hongwei, who was also a vice minister of public security in China, has been accused by the Chinese government of accepting bribes and committing unspecified other crimes. "(Meng) insisted on taking the wrong path and had only himself to blame (for his downfall)," the country's top law enforcement official, Zhao Kezhi, was quoted as saying in the statement.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:49 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

simples :

1 - he is actually corrupt

2 - he is ATTEMPTING to investigate a corrupt figure who has far more power than he does

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 06:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: BigDave-AR

simples :

1 - he is actually corrupt

2 - he is ATTEMPTING to investigate a corrupt figure who has far more power than he does

Sadly in China that’s just the beginning of the possibilities, I will agree that they’re the most likely but it’s all bets off with what the CCP will pull.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Wondering if this has anything to do with Pompeo being in China as well....odd timing.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Wondering if this has anything to do with Pompeo being in China as well....odd timing.

The Director of Interpol Washington, Salzgaber, takes his orders from Sessions as the USAG.

Did Sessions appoint Salzgaber to the Director position?

He was appointed to Interpol in 2015, but was appointed Director in 2018.

posted on Oct, 8 2018 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Some background....human rights violations possible...

Mr Meng’s various jobs put him in close contact with Chinese leaders in the security establishment, a sector long synonymous with corruption, opacity and human rights abuses. While there are no public allegations against him, Mr Meng, a member of the ruling Communist Party, is likely to have worked closely with former security chief and Politburo Standing Committee member Zhou Yongkang, who is now serving a life sentence for corruption. Mr Zhou was one of the highest-profile figures caught up in President Xi Jinping’s sprawling campaign against graft at all levels of government, military and state industry. Officials under suspicion often disappear into the party’s investigatory body, which can hold them for months without releasing information or providing them with legal counsel.
– Were there any indications something would happen?
Mr Xi has been seeking the return of officials and businesspeople accused of fraud and corruption from abroad, sometimes with the help of Interpol in an arrangement human rights advocates say is prone to abuse. Since Mr Meng continued to hold positions in the security establishment concurrently with his role as Interpol president, that may have placed him under additional pressure. Reports from April said Mr Meng had been relieved of his position as a member of the party committee at the Ministry of Public Security, with no explanation given. That could have been a sign of his declining political fortunes, or simply a prelude to his impending retirement, given that, at 64, he was approaching the age when officials generally begin stepping down from their positions.

www.independent.ie...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join