It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Head of Interpol reported missing

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Meng Hongwei's wife reported Friday that she had not heard from her 64-year-old husband since the end of September, when he left Lyon, France, where Interpol is based, said the official, who spoke on condition of anonymity to provide details of an ongoing investigation.

The official said Meng did arrive in China.

Sky news

On my phone just now but how the hell did this guy go missing. Looks like it could turn into a interesting story

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Who cares, what I want to know is if he drank too much in high school.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I just saw this too and my conspiracy bells started ringing. How did he get lost in China without a trace apparently? Amnesty had concerns when he got the job now he could be a case for them. I mean this guy is as high profile as it gets. He is also Chinese minister for terrorism or similar.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Well, until we get something official its going to be hard to assess the situation with any accuracy, but it seems he vanished in China.

If he did indeed vanish in China, then the question has to be asked, did he vanish himself, or was he vanished by others. He is involved with law enforcement, and of course the organised crime element in China, despite the power of the government (and sometimes because of the power of its intelligence agencies) is massive. Perhaps he was disappeared by criminal network agents? Perhaps he did something in post as Interpol head that aggravated the leader of China or the head of their intelligence department? Perhaps he just upped and vanished himself, knowing that there are vast areas of China with very little by way of connection with the central government, places a man might simply be able to get away from it all and forget life for a while?

But its damned hard to say, what with so little information being available, which of these is most likely.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Beat me by 10 minutes so here’s my intial thoughts snatched from my too little too late thread on the subject.

“Very interesting to have yet another big name turn up missing in China part of me wonders if this is not somehow related to the the massive amounts of fentenyl being flooded into the world black markets by China . It will be interesting to see if he too surfaces again with huge fines from the CCP. Pretty bawlsy move to (allegedly) abduct the leader of Interpol, not to get too political but it seems the timing with the ongoing trade war is not a coincidence (IMO)”

edit on 10/5/2018 by BigDave-AR because: Think too fast type too slow > extra DIV

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

What makes you think abduction? And how could this be related to trade?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

Enjoying the Chinese ladies on offer a little too much?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Because of the other Chinese National that went missing to show up with huge fines later seems to be a fairly good chance that’s what’s going on. Specifically I think this could be more related to the Chinese drug trade but there’s always the chance that other trade improprietys being looked into that brought this about, my tin foil hat may be a wee bit snug this morning.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ufoorbhunter

A guy like this has to have bodyguards, to go missing he certainly was doing something without them, which was unwise.

Your guess is as good as any there is zero hints to what's going on so far. But I doubt China would tell anybody if there was a ransom demand.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

a reply to: ufoorbhunter

A guy like this has to have bodyguards, to go missing he certainly was doing something without them, which was unwise.

Your guess is as good as any there is zero hints to what's going on so far. But I doubt China would tell anybody if there was a ransom demand.

I doubt he goes around his home nation of China with bodyguards, I could be totally wrong. I’m not saying they’re directly holding him for ransom I just find it very suspicious that he showed up missing when the Chinese Actress was ghosted before resurfacing with huge fines for “tax evasion” the CCP has plenty of expierence with trumped up charges and dealing with citizens in a less than moral way...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

But he's not some citizen he is part of the political elite.
www.independent.co.uk...
Head of counter terrorism and coast guards and drugs control comission. I doubt he uses the bathroom without bodyguards.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: BigDave-AR
Beat me by 10 minutes so here’s my intial thoughts snatched from my too little too late thread on the subject.

“Very interesting to have yet another big name turn up missing in China part of me wonders if this is not somehow related to the the massive amounts of fentenyl being flooded into the world black markets by China . It will be interesting to see if he too surfaces again with huge fines from the CCP. Pretty bawlsy move to (allegedly) abduct the leader of Interpol, not to get too political but it seems the timing with the ongoing trade war is not a coincidence (IMO)”

Very interesting thought. I think fentenyl is finally being hunted down for the horrible thing it is. And it is well known that it is almost all coming from China.

My oldest son is a former drug addict (thank God he stopped and pray to God he continues being sober) and he said that many young people save up say 5000 dollars just to buy fentenyl which they can make around a few million dollars off of on the street. And he says all of it comes from China. And believe me, he would know. The guy was so into the dark web that the drugs he was doing weren't even scheduled yet. A total mess really. But he choose life and so far continues to feel that is the best option. I am so proud of him and so glad he stopped (almost 1 year now).

Another thing he told me is that at the age of 24, he knows 20 people personally that have OD'd from fentenyl and died. It is a huge and serious problem and it is all coming from China.
edit on 5-10-2018 by Fools because: ...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

But he's not some citizen he is part of the political elite.
www.independent.co.uk...
Head of counter terrorism and coast guards and drugs control comission. I doubt he uses the bathroom without bodyguards.

Chinese politics are a messy business and even if he did have body guards it wouldn’t have done him much good if China wanted him in custody and he’s on Chinese soil, they’d roll up him and the body guards if needed. Him not just being joe blow is part of what makes me think this isn’t just some random incident of him dropping of the radar for a drug binge or some such.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

But isn't China investigating also? Or is it just France?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:31 AM
link   

But isn't China investigating also? Or is it just France?

China has been mum France and Interpol are the only parties looking into it as of now.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

The official said Meng did arrive in China.

And we're supposed to just believe he never arrived back in China? Sounds like more bullsh*t from the Chinese government attempting a cover up.

If this guy ended up pissing off the wrong people he's going to be tough to track down. He probably ended up being sold in parts after being dissected in a Chinese death wagon. A tough way to go for sure.

Great places to live all require the prerequisite of the Execution Van.

I hate to say it but, what a sh*thole of a country.

edit on 5-10-2018 by Nucleardoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:48 AM
link   

He "has been taken away for questioning", but nobody knows where he's being held.
www.bbc.com...
According to a source of a source...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You know who else is ‘missing’?

A young Chinese woman named Dong Yaoqiong.

Prolly just looking for her. He has the chops...
I’m sure he can do it.

# 1000

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fools

Who cares, what I want to know is if he drank too much in high school.

HAHAHAHAHAHA that was awesome.
Beers on me, bro.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Earlier this year China Gov't disappeared the most famous actress in the country Fan Bingbing for "tax evasion" without telling anyone anything. She was missing for nearly 3 months including no social media posts which she normally does quite frequently. She just recently resurfaced in gov't custody in a different province from where she resides and in the special facility where she is under house arrest.

Now, the Chinese head of Interpol Meng goes missing in China. Aside from this being hilarious, which it totally is, it also proves the total disregard the CCP has for it's own legal framework. Another poster speculated this has to do with international fentanyl distribution which is run out of China and I can believe maybe he was investigating that and you know actually doing his job. (Why Trump hasn't banned chemical shipments from China is beyond me but that's another topic.)

The CCP totally grabbed him and won't say anything until they have enough false evidence to trot him out for the public's consumption and charge him with a manufactured crime.

(CCP = Chinese Communist Party)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join