It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Witness Keyser Told FBI That Ford's 'Ally' McLean Pressured Her To Change Story

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: chrismarco

Let's not forget that women are as human as men. They lie just like men do.

I'm sure Emmet Till's family has strong beliefs about women who lie.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

This is the same McLean who claimed Ford's ex boyfriend's statements about Ford teaching her how to beat a lie detector test was bogus?

Someone seems to be a lying harlot, ya?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: LedermanStudio
a reply to: chrismarco

Let's not forget that women are as human as men. They lie just like men do.

I'm sure Emmet Till's family has strong beliefs about women who lie.

It's things like this that make liberal's heads explode... so all women must be believe right... "how dare you even question that fact... she said she was raped and she must be believed"... ok... so you know that it was a black child she accused correct... and he was subsequently mobbed and lynched right... "well... uhhhhh... you see... let me... uhhhhh... hmmmm... the thing is... uhhhhh"... and you know it was white democrat men that killed him right so they're automatically guilty correct... "well... back then democrats were republicans and republicans were democrats and then the parties all switched... except for Robert Byrd... but he became a great man and mentor to Hillary so he's... uhhhhh... redeemed and... uhhhhh... I gotta go... gotta pee... uhhhhh... maybe worse... but... I'll uhhhhh be right back... uhhhhh"...

Think that's about right...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

Let us not forget the Tulsa Massacre.

A white woman was bumped into, said it was assault... and then....

well, it's nasty

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

well, it's nasty

Well you know... accusers have to be believed no matter what... sorry (not sorry) about burning down a square mile of affluent black properties... shouldn't have attacked that poor woman... right... 🤨
edit on 5-10-2018 by SwissMarked because: F'd in the A by autocorrect...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   

well, it's nasty

This is a great example in real life that to Kill a Mockingbird point brought up earlier this week.

Theres still mass graves of black folk up there too.

No evidence, no justice.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Okay, fromthe Daily Wire article:

A woman that Christine Blasey Ford claimed was at the party where Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh allegedly assaulted her circa 1982 told FBI investigators that Dr. Ford's "allies" tried to pressure her to change her story about what happened.

From you based on the Daily Wire article:

So McLean, the former FBI agent who Ford's ex boyfriend says Ford helped coach for a polygraph, was apparently contacting Ford's other Friend Keyser and trying to get her to change her story about not remembering the party.

That sounds bad! So McLean called Keyser and tried to pressure her into changing her story? As in, have her say that she did remember being at the party? That would be pretty terrible. That doesn't appear to be what's reported in the WSJ article though:

A friend of Christine Blasey Ford told FBI investigators that she felt pressured by Dr. Ford’s allies to revisit her initial statement that she knew nothing about an alleged sexual assault by a teenage Brett Kavanaugh, which she later updated to say that she believed but couldn’t corroborate Dr. Ford’s account, according to people familiar with the matter.

So right off the bat, it's not "change her story" as the Daily Wire and other sites have spun it — the claim is that she felt pressured to update her initial statement to include that she believed Ford. What else is in the original reporting?

Ms. Keyser’s lawyer on Sept. 23 said in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee that she had no recollection of attending a party with Judge Kavanaugh, whom she said she didn’t know. That same day, however, she told the Washington Post that she believed Dr. Ford. On Sept. 29, two days after Dr. Ford and the judge testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee, Ms. Keyser’s attorney sent a letter to the panel saying his client wasn’t refuting Dr. Ford’s account and that she believed it but couldn’t corroborate it.

So we have Keyser making her initial brief statement through her lawyer and later the same day, she clarified the statement to WaPo, saying that she believed Ford. Let's see, what else...

A person close to the former classmates said it was her understanding that mutual friends of Dr. Ford and Ms. Keyser, including Ms. McLean, had contacted Ms. Keyser after her initial statement to warn her that her statement was being used by Republicans to rebut the allegation against Judge Kavanaugh. The friends told Ms. Keyser that if she had intended to say she didn’t remember the party—not that it had never happened—that she should clarify her statement, the person said, adding that the friends hadn’t “pressured” Ms. Keyser.

Oh, like how Republicans, the right-wing media and Kavanaugh himself repeatedly said that everyone Ford claimed was at the party had "refuted" her allegation? Was that true? No, she said she had no recollection which is not the same thing as saying it didn't happen.

So basically, it looks like McLean and possibly another mutual friend of Keyser and Ford told Keyser that her statement was being interpreted as "refuting" Ford's allegation — which it was — and that she should revisit it. Now, I could see making the below statements if she had in fact been "pressured," begged or even simply asked to change her story:

If Keyser in fact told the FBI this, its devastating for ford. Keep in mind Keyser is ford's friend, and would have no reason to lie to hurt ford.

This not only makes Ford story look incredibly bad seeing as how her people were unethicaally trying to pressure the alleged witness of the party to change her story, but also makes McLean herself, who claimed ford never did coach her on a polygrah, to lose her credibility as well.

More and more this story is falling apart.

Everyone who was certain the kavanaugh should withdraw over this or was certain he was a sexual assaulter ought to feel ashamed of themselves.

Except nobody is actually claiming that. I will however remind you that a named person, Kerry Berchem appears to have texts in which another named person, Karen Yarasavage, claims that Brett Kavanaugh himself asked her to go on the record refuting the claims of their Yale classmate, Deborah Ramirez.

That claim at least has the benefit of people being named. Does that cause you to believe that Kavanaugh is less credible?

I hate to say it, given that this sounds like a high school drama with a bunch of classmates and friends of Ford and Kavanaugh getting in one another's ears about being on Team Ford or Team Kavanaugh, but there are some questions here that should be answered.

You probably want to know if Keyser really felt pressured and how, as well as what she might have been pressured/asked to do.

I for one want to know if Brett Kavanaugh contacted Yarasavage and if so, what he may have asked her to do. I'd also like to know what led to contacting Yarasavage specifically. The WSJ article also says this:

Judge Kavanaugh and his allies also lobbied former classmates to defend him. Ahead of a Sept. 23 New Yorker article about an allegation by Deborah Ramirez that Judge Kavanaugh had exposed himself to her in their freshman year at Yale, a former classmate, Karen Yarasavage, said she had gotten a call from “Brett’s guy” and that “Brett asked me to go on record,” according to a memo about the conversation by another former classmate. Ms. Yarasavage is quoted anonymously in the New Yorker piece, the memo said. The judge denied the claim that he exposed himself.

What exactly could he have asked her to refute, if he did in fact ask Yarasavage to refute anything?

Were any of these people contacted by the FBI? As of Wednesday evening, Berchem said that she had not been contacted despite repeated efforts on her part.

It's probably not going to happen though. Manchin is voting to confirm Kavanaugh along with Collins, so he's presumably got 51 votes. Once he's on the bench, we'll all move on to arguing about something else.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

It's probably not going to happen though. Manchin is voting to confirm Kavanaugh along with Collins, so he's presumably got 51 votes. Once he's on the bench, we'll all move on to arguing about something else.

All that is going to happen once he is confirmed is exploding heads and calls for impeachment.....same old same old....

Now....what's going to happen when RBG goes will make this look like a rose parade.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

Someone was asking questions trying to get people to remember Kavanaugh doing something. Kavanaugh was contacted about this. Kavanaugh asked Yarasavage asking them to truthfully refute these silly allegations.

What's your problem?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

All that is going to happen once he is confirmed is exploding heads and calls for impeachment.....same old same old....

Now....what's going to happen when RBG goes will make this look like a rose parade.

Nope... when RBG kicks it (sooner than later) Amy Barrett will get the nod... and as we’ve all seen you can’t have old white men attack a woman so everyone that’s not incarcerated or pushed off the Democratic side of the panel will surely just rubber stamp her nomination... 😜👍

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Someone was asking questions trying to get people to remember Kavanaugh doing something. Kavanaugh was contacted about this. Kavanaugh asked Yarasavage asking them to truthfully refute these silly allegations.

What's your problem?

Sour grapes... sand in the snizz... butt hurt much... etc... pretty sure that’s the problem... #MAGA #WINNING #MURICA #TEARSTASTEGOOD 😜👍

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Parishna

The right have no morals. They will stoop to new lows bringing up real evidence against the lefts mere accusations.

Doesn't anyone even care about feelings any more?

This guy does!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:18 PM
link   

You do realize that if I make a statement “The sky is blue”, then later add the word “light” before the word blue, I have absolutely changed my original statement?

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Yes you intially poted the story form NBC, implying Kvaanugh had lied under oath, only to have NBC have to ad that actually kavanaugh did testify that he knew that some allegation was being discussed, but not the details of it.

Just another "oops" on NBC's part though.

Kavanigh or for that matter ford or ramirez has every right to call old classmates and have them try to get them to back up their story.

That is different than former FBI member and ford friedn Mclean contacting a witnesss after they have given sworn statements to the committee and asking them to clarufy their statment in a more positive way toward ford.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Once he's on the bench, we'll all move on to arguing about something else.

YAY!!!!

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

YAY!!!!

Don't believe it, it's a lie. From the long winded king of semantics and pedantry. I can't stand this person's posts.

to clarify I am speaking about theantideluvian's post! Don't know why the quote function is not working properly again.
edit on 5-10-2018 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Keep making then brother.. You do them well !

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

YAY!!!!

Don't believe it, it's a lie. From the long winded king of semantics and pedantry. I can't stand this person's posts.

to clarify I am speaking about theantideluvian's post! Don't know why the quote function is not working properly again.

Anti, I call him sometimes.

He is doing something well however that my own father would say to do.

If you cant baffle them with brilliance, then dazzle them with Bull Poop. He gets both sides of the equation some days however. And I agree with the witch doctor Grambler.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Justoneman

originally posted by: toolgal462

YAY!!!!

Anti, I call him sometimes.

He is doing something well however that my own father would say to do.

If you cant baffle them with brilliance, then dazzle them with Bull Poop. He gets both sides of the equation some days however. And I agree with the witch doctor Grambler.

Love Grambler's stuff. But anti makes my eyeballs bleed. I hate pedantic dullards who never seem to be able to get to the damn point!
edit on 5-10-2018 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Lab4Us

Lol, I can imagine this player over all the leftist screaming, bashing, effeminate punching, et al...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join