It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new Star Wars series : The Mandalorian

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Obligatory Star Wars sucks...

It's not my Star Wars anymore, even though the basic themes have not changed. My politics have, since I saw the original trilogy as a child. But nostalgia is a powerful drug and I will overlook that as a child I liked something that disagrees with my current political outlook, and pretend that Star Wars has changed and not myself, in a time of my life where politics rule everything around me. Pream. Look how cool I am for saying so.

I can not wait to read all the reviews from the people who hate Star Wars. Why did you watch it then?

"It's a hellavu drug man, a hellavu drug!"

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

Link

That picture and the fact that Taika Waititi is directing an episode. Will encourage me to watch the show. Then I will decide if I like it or not. A novel concept I know.
edit on 5-10-2018 by karmicecstasy because: Bobba Fett had relations with your woman

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: karmicecstasy
Obligatory Star Wars sucks...It's not my Star Wars anymore, even though the basic themes have not changed. My politics have, since I saw the original trilogy as a child. But nostalgia is a powerful drug and I will overlook that I liked something that disagrees with my current political outlook as a child, and pretend that Star Wars has changed and not myself in a time of my life where politics rules everything around me. Pream. Look how cool I am for saying so.

I can not wait to read all the reviews from the people who hate Star Wars. Why did you watch it then?

"It's a hellavu drug man, a hellavu drug!"

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode. Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

Link

That picture and the fact that Taika Waititi is directing an episode. Will encourage me to watch the show. Then I will decide if I like it or not. A novel concept I know.

You can’t see how politicized Star Wars has been? It never was until they opened the gates for the SJW takeover of the franchise and now they’re realizing it was a huge mistake as bothe TLJ and Solo were terrible thanks to all the virtue aignalling shenanigans. I have TLJ a fair shake but it was profoundly stupid and torpedoed the rich Canon with the contrived fuel shortage that was the anchor for the entire movie, and then rendering space battles pointless with the light speed kamikaze can take down any ship instantly BS it’s like they put zero thought into what makes a proper Star Wars film. After the abortion that was TLJ I refuse to even give Solo the time of day. Take politics out of Star Wars it never belonged and along with them force shatting out a movie every year.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

You say Star Wars has become politicized. But all the examples you give as to why it sucks, are story beat plot holes that also existed in the originals. Fuel shortage and light speed kamikaze=Death Star blows up by shooting one specific spot.

The movies have not changed. They have always been pulp style sci fi adventures aimed at kids to sell toys. With plenty of plot holes, and the theme of a disenfranchised group fighting an evil empire, with an undercurrent of strong female characters. When Leia takes over her own rescue in A New Hope. I am sure you thought that was virtue signalling SJW tripe.

The fact is the movies have not changed at all. The people viewing them have and there is nothing wrong with that. No one should be forced to watch anything. I just find it funny that people have to lie to themselves to justify things. The politics of the movies have not changed, the plot holes have not changed.
edit on 5-10-2018 by karmicecstasy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join