It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new Star Wars series : The Mandalorian

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:23 PM
link   
www.imdb.com...

"The Mandalorian" is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. The series follows the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

i love some Star Wars and i really did like The Last Jedi but i have to be honest. I am kind of over the whole of it.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

“The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire, and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic ….”

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I'll reluctantly watch, I know theyre going to hose this one too.

Kathleen's contract was recently renewed for another 3 years, get ready for most of the same, and Rian Johnson's trilogy is back in the works

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I gotta wonder why the rowdy citizens of that galaxy don't just knuckle under to the oppression and let the dark side fascists just rule like they wanna so bad?

Then they could have a new series called "Star Life: the Drudgery" about wage slaves punching the daily clock of their miserable lives until dead.
edit on 10/4/2018 by Baddogma because: n to the y

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
I gotta wonder why the rowdy citizens of that galaxy don't just knuckle under to the oppression and let the dark side fascists just rule like they wanna so bad?

Then they could have a new series called "Star Life: the Drudgery" about wage slaves punching the daily clock of their miserable lives until dead.

Still better than Twilight

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

After the last jedi, I will not spend a dime on star wars.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

It's because we got star wars shoved down our throat by disney

38 years total to make the first 6 episodes.

4 years to make the next 6 or 7.

Too much, too fast.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 05:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vector99

It's because we got star wars shoved down our throat by disney

38 years total to make the first 6 episodes.

4 years to make the next 6 or 7.

Too much, too fast.

Seems to work for marvel.
But then again their movies dont suck.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:04 PM
link   

If its a tv series it will most likely be like all the other sci/fi shows out there. if its good it will get canceled after a season or two. If it is terrible it will go on for several seasons. That's the way it seems to go anyways. Dark Matter/The Expanse/ im surprised they are still going 2 of my favorite sci/fi shows that are being aired at the moment. i know the expanse was canceled but was picked up by Amazon i believe for another season or or so. Really hope this star wars show turns out to be something good being as it has a good "Brand Name" maybe it will be around a while.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Marvel had a universe to work with.

Star wars had one plot, one cast

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Disney has completely screwed up the star wars franchise. When I walked out of The Last Jedi I knew it was the end. That travesty made me feel like they stole a lot more than my money.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Can't... wait!

Huge SW fan... well and Star Trek too... huge scifi fan really.

When I was a kid I had this dream that I was walking to school and I had this handle with a laser coming out of it, and the depth of the laser could be adjusted. And in my dream I was walking by a fence and my laser sword was cutting it as I walked...

And then Star Wars came out!

And my mind was blown because that was my laser sword from my dreams!

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The house of mouse is killing Star Wars.

I will disagree with you about The Last Jedi, that was a bad movie even if you weren't a Star Wars fan. but I do agree with you when it's a little too much, it's leading to franchise fatigue which is why Solo flopped.

Disney needs to turn the volume down.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

I'm a star wars fan too, that's why I'm pissed at Disney. It's not star wars anymore.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

SnF for quoting the same paragraph twice

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:11 PM
link   
How in the hell could you like TLJ?!?!?! That’s not love for Star Wars that’s just bad taste, let me guess ya lapped up Solo too.....🤢🤮
edit on 10/4/2018 by BigDave-AR because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:49 PM
link   
a reply to: BigDave-AR

Just look at this freak shows avatar. And you're shocked he liked Last Jedi

OP quoted the same paragraph nearly verbatim with two trite AF sentences for a thread.

I'd be amazed if he can even tie his shoelaces.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Personally I definitely prefer the pre Disney star wars universe, Disney have acted very much with the dark side to do what the death star failed to do to the star wars universe.

But they are not as bad as all that.

The kid's animated TV series Star Wars rebel's despite it's lame back drop and alien pussy cat's was actually very good and let's be fair Mandalorian's are a cool race - a Human race but very distinct from the other human's of the Star Wars galaxy due to there military and tribal tradition's which have made them at time's in the old star wars timeline - extended universe and old republic period - one of the most powerful races in the universe but very much a race of tribes that are most often at war with one another.

Bobba Fett of course was a Mandalorian mercenary and the prequel clone troopers were envisioned as clones of him trained by Mandalorian instructor's.

The clone's were tougher than the storm troopers whom later replaced them since they were bred for war but they were not as tough as the Mandalorian's themselves.

So a Mandalorian is a great starting place for a character but of course one with a considerable advantage from generations of tribal militaristic ancestors and both inbred skill's and natural toughness which at time's gave even the Jedi pause for concern.

I personally like the idea of this and would also love it if they ever used the basic plot for how human's or a human like race came to be in the star wars universe.
The answer according to the cancelled book which was to be written by the author Robert J Sawyer is perhaps a great idea but like all such many star wars fan's would have either loved it or hated it.
starwars.wikia.com...
www.sfwriter.com...

So his basic premise is that human's were originally from Earth - our earth in a future were AI ruled the planet whom had escaped on board a long duration space ship but had been caught up on a spacial anomaly probably a wormhole and deposited in a vastly distant past half way across the universe in the star wars Galaxy they were then enslaved but over time must have won there freedom only to eventually go on to become one of the most eminent and populas races in the Galaxy, all descended from several thousand human's whom had escaped from a future earth.

Finding that the background radiation was more intense than in there own time these human's had realized that they had traveled several billion years into the past.

This of course is a staple of time travel paradox science fiction and leave's it open for the human's of earth to actually be a lost or abandoned colony of very distant future star wars human's or even once again slaves.

Let's hope Disney kicked the awful writers and directors off the project and get's some genuinely good one's back onto it but I am very much liking the idea of this new series.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I am hyped for this more than anything else Star Wars even more so than th clone wars season 7. Apparently it’s got a Game of Thrones budget

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Oh great it’s being tied to Disney’s fledgling streaming service, that counts me out despite being intrigued by the directors they are going with.
Linku

A day after we learned the name of the first live-action Star Wars TV show destined for Disney's unnamed subscription streaming service, the official website has posted this image of The Mandalorian. It's written and executive produced by Jon Favreau, and is expected to premiere next year. We still don't have any details on this Boba Fett-like "lone gunfighter" other than their time period (between the fall of the Empire and before the rise of The First Order) and location on the outer reaches of the galaxy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join