It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Flake and Collins; FBI report thorough, no corroboration of allegations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

The Arizona Republican said he agrees with fellow GOP Sen. Susan Collins (Maine) in viewing the FBI report as thorough and failing to back up Ford’s claims that Kavanaugh assaulted her at a house gathering in 1982, when both were in high school.

“I think Susan Collins was quoted saying it was very thorough but no new corroborative information came out of it. That’s accurate,” Flake told reporters after reviewing the FBI report in the secure compartmented information facility in the Capitol Visitor Center.

“I wanted this pause, we’ve had this pause. We’ve had the professionals, the FBI, determine — given the scope that we gave them, current credible allegations — to go and do their review which they’ve done,” Flake said.

“Thus far we’ve seen no new credible corroboration, no new corroboration at all,” he said.

thehill.com...

Its starting to look like the swing senators are satisfied with the FBI investigation, and think that it offers no new corroboration of the allegations against Kavanaugh.

This suggests that they are likely to vote for confirming Kavanaugh on Saturday. Though who knows, anything (including more allegations) could happen before then.

This whole thing has been a train wreck. Now the dems that said they wanted an fbi investigation that would only take about a week are (as I and most people following this predicted) now saying the investigation wasnt long enough and didnt interview enough people.

No matter who the fbi interviewed, it would never be long enough for the dems, because it is all about stalling as long as possible.

Kavanaugh and Ford already gave written and verbal testimony to the committee. Ten other people, including other alleged victim ramirez were interviewed by the FBI. And according to the white house flake and collins, there is no evidence to corroborate the allegations.

I hope this backfires on the dems, who sat on this allegation for political reasons, probably leaked it at the last minute, and tried to weaponize sexual assault as a political tool, even ridiculous allegations from totally anonymous sources. They may not just lose the battle as far as Kavanugh, but also it may cost them in the midterms, by driving out republican enthusiasm, and driving independents who were disgusted by their actions to the republicans.

I guess we will have to wait and see.

edit on 4-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

No matter who the fbi interviewed, it would never be long enough for the dems, because it is all about stalling as long as possible.

Which is exactly what they stated they wanted to do before this mess began.

+2 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Flake made a smart move.

He probably knew the story was full of it and called for it to satisfy the Democrats who were not sure yet on the vote.

53-47 I heard.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:38 AM
link   
That 'blue wave' will be lucky to be a blue ripple.

link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

Flake made a smart move.

He probably knew the story was full of it and called for it to satisfy the Democrats who were not sure yet on the vote.

53-47 I heard.

I give flake no credit. He caved to a clearly partisan ploy by the dmeocrats, and at elast gacve the impression that he was partially influenced by paid pritestors cornering him, which will make that sort of mob mentality even more common.

53-47 seems reasonable, as I think Manchin and Mcaskill are likley to be forced to vote to confirm or else risk losing their midterms.

link   

I just heard that a bunch of Dem senators exited Schumer's office stone-faced.

Which possibly means they are giving up?

Or will we see something more outlandish pop up before the weekend?

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Trump wins again.

Participation trophies for all the losers.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

I really like how Flake handled this. He adheres to bipartisanship which is always good and leaves no room for some crazy conspiracy to be made by any MSM.

Good on you Flake.

Case closed now let’s move on shall we.....to the next charade.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I hope they actually did talk to ford again just so they cant use that talking point.

If only to gather more info on her attorneys and the Dems on the panel

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Feinstein and Schumer aren't and are being their usual sniphat selves.

I Swear I hope to GOD Republicans win the midterms. I HOPE kavanaugh is confirmed.

Because if he's nots it's going to be Impeach Trump,Impeach Kavanugh and Warners stupid snip ban gunz.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Heidi Heidcamp (D, ND) campaigned pre-BK on her good record on voting for Trump nominations.

She is currently 10 points down in her Senate run... 60% of ND in a recent survey wants BK on the Supreme court.

She's in a real tough spot right now.

edit on 4-10-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:47 AM
link   

I work at a small business, most of the people i work with are fed up with the whole political bs going on. funny thing is none of them vote in elections. pretty sure i am the only one. i try getting them all to go cast there vote but they don't. i feel the same as they do but i do vote. makes me wonder how many people there are out there that are not happy with the way things are going but don't bother to vote.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:49 AM
link   
This is the kind of investigation you get with trump at the reins. Short sweet incomplete and concluding in exactly the results he desires.
What a surprise.
So many unanswered questions so many un-followed leads and Im not saying chase this all the way down any rabbit hole but at least speak to the key witnesses and interview a few more college friends that dont remember a boy scout who played basket ball and went to church because no body is buying that.

This is a circus all the way around.

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

This is the kind of investigation you get with trump at the reins. Short sweet incomplete and concluding in exactly the results he desires.

Feinstein shouldn't have sat on it for weeks.
edit on 4-10-2018 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

What else did you expect other than a severely limited investigation, and the Republicans following their globalist masters.

Say goodbye to Roe, and hello to your Christian overlords....

until the midterms, that is. The right has pissed off 75% of the women in this country, and at least 65% of the men.

+1 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I hope people get locked up over this fraudulent circus .

. I’m not entirely sure this law applies so I wanted to put it up for discussion .

1725. PROTECTION OF GOVERNMENT PROCESSES -- OBSTRUCTION OF PENDING PROCEEDING -- 18 U.S.C. 1505

Section 1505 of Title 18, United States Code, as amended by the Victim and Witness Protection Act of 1982, forbids anyone from corruptly, or by threats of force or by any threatening communication, influencing, obstructing, or impeding any pending proceeding before a department or agency of the United States, or Congress. In 1996 Congress enacted a clarifying amendment to 18 U.S.C. § 1515, which defines the term "corruptly" as used in section 1505 to mean "acting with an improper purpose, personally or by influencing another, including making a false or misleading statement, or withholding, concealing, altering, or destroying a document or other information." False Statements Accountability Act of 1996, Pub. L. No. 104-292, §3, 110 Stat. 3459, 3460.

Section 1505 also specifically prohibits anyone from withholding, misrepresenting, removing from any place, concealing, covering up, destroying, mutilating, altering, or by other means falsifying any documentary material, answers to written interrogatories, or oral testimony that is the subject of a proper investigative demand under the Antitrust Civil Process Act, 15 U.S.C. §§ 1311-14, with the intent of avoiding, evading, preventing, or obstructing compliance, in whole or in part, with that demand.

www.justice.gov...
edit on 4-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-10-2018 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I starred your post, just because it was the only one that didn't have one and I felt bad.

Don't get me wrong, its your usual drivel. Devoid of anything based in reality framed within a deep and unfounded hatred of some guy you've never met.

Anyway, enjoy the star.

ETA: I see someone felt bad too. Well I'm still glad I gave you one.
edit on 4-10-2018 by MisterSpock because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

What else did you expect other than a severely limited investigation, and the Republicans following their globalist masters.

Say goodbye to Roe, and hello to your Christian overlords....

until the midterms, that is. The right has pissed off 75% of the women in this country, and at least 65% of the men.

LOL! Yes...failed at getting Clinton elected, failed at turning seats in GA, failed at getting Kav destroyed, failed at "muh Russia", but it will definitely come around in the midterms.

This was the ONLY outcome that could have been expected. Kav was innocent prior to the investigation.

Now they can just call a spade a spade, or in this case they can call both Ford and Ramirez liars....

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The left has exactly ZERO credibility here because:

Sen. Chuck Schumer tells "CBS This Morning" that he will work to oppose President Trump's Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh with "everything I've got", adding that he's confident there will be a majority in the Senate that will do the same.

www.cbsnews.com...

Back in July of this year.

The 2006 Kavanugh confirmation.

Durbin,Leahy,Schumer,Feinstein voted No on his confirmation so anything they've said up to this point is WORTHLESS.

www.govtrack.us...

And the Sexual Predator Booker wraps up this comment.

Booker: I don't care whether Kavanugh is innocent or guilty.

When Kavanugh said the left was out to get him ?

That was the GD truth.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

originally posted by: vinifalou

Flake made a smart move.

53-47 I heard.

I give flake no credit. He caved to a clearly partisan ploy by the dmeocrats, and at elast gacve the impression that he was partially influenced by paid pritestors cornering him, which will make that sort of mob mentality even more common.

53-47 seems reasonable, as I think Manchin and Mcaskill are likley to be forced to vote to confirm or else risk losing their midterms.

Plot twist- Manchin and McCaskill vote for Kavanaugh but the voters in their states vote them out anyway because of their complicity in this train wreck.

Stay tuned.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join