It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Words Matter: The Ex-Boyfriend Versus The Friend (McClean)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Why would you be coached for a polygraph exam that you are never going to take? LOL

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Excellent OP!!!

I saw that too... The weasel words that don't really say what they seem to say. When it's just an average Joe (or Jane) it might just be a poor choice of words. But when it's an attorney, trained to"say the right words," there's no doubt those words were chosen deliberately for a certain response -- and not an honest one!

Good job, SlapMonkey.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

It depends on what the definition of is is.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
a reply to: Boadicea
It depends on what the definition of is is.

LOL! Yup...

That was the day my family forbade me watching TV news ever again... Best thing they ever did for me!

edit on 5-10-2018 by Boadicea because: Formatting

edit on 5-10-2018 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

You make a very good point about the language in the refutation differing from the ex-bf's claims enough to render the refutation worthless.

Outstanding attention to detail, SlapMonkey. I've also noticed the same kind of thing elsewhere. Once you see how they play these games, you can't help but look for it in everything. If you haven't read the Stormy Daniels non-disclosure settlement + attachments, I highly recommend them.

One thing though, I imagine McLean had to take a polygraph as part of the FBI's hiring process.

edit on 10/5/2018 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye

You make a very good point about the language in the refutation differing from the ex-bf's claims enough to render the refutation worthless.

Outstanding attention to detail, SlapMonkey. I've also noticed the same kind of thing elsewhere. Once you see how they play these games, you can't help but look for it in everything. If you haven't read the Stormy Daniels non-disclosure settlement + attachments, I highly recommend them.

One thing though, I imagine McLean had to take a polygraph as part of the FBI's hiring process.

All FBI agents take a polygraph on two issues at the very least... one being prior drug use and the other on counterintelligence... so no matter what McClean at some point took a polygraph...

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: amazing
Why would you be coached for a polygraph exam that you are never going to take? LOL

Because paranoid people (or just smart people in general) like to be prepared...and if your life-long friend has knowledge of something that might happen as a result of your active search for federal employment, why wouldn't you "get coached" on it?

Seems appropriate to me.

Why buy life insurance if you don't plan on dying within the term of your coverage? Why concealed carry a deadly weapon if you never expect to be in a life-threatening encounter?

It's okay to be prepared for things in life that might happen, even if they don't.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

It seems that she probably did--but then, can she say that the coaching was one only when she was applying for the US Attorney jobs?

She could, and it would still render her comment true enough that she probably wouldn't get charged in any way for it, but as you noted, it's still so narrow that she has outs, even with the reality that she probably did undergo a test after the time noted by the EBF.

It's just a really, really annoying game that gets played.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

It seems that she probably did--but then, can she say that the coaching was one only when she was applying for the US Attorney jobs?

I don't think it's even relevant that she has taken polygraph exams. She claims Ford didn't assist her in any that she took. That doesn't mean there weren't also potential polygraphs, which she didn't end up taking, for which Ford assisted her in preparing. That was specifically the ex-BFs claim and McLean didn't refute it in her ABC News statement.

<< 1   >>

join