It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Presidential Alert can access your camera, location, microphone, and other functions

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Imagine believing in totalitarian dystopian and technofascist acts by the President because you are obsessed with them...

imagine if this was done by Oabam, or Bush, Or Clinton etc

it would be the Illuminati wOrld Order Luciferian Satan Communism

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm
a reply to: Blue Shift
That wasn't the kind of information I was referring to.
I'm talking about data that points to when you wake up, how many people you call, the duration, the days of the week. The hours per month. How often you download music, or watch netflix, what time you go to sleep. Your singular data might not be that interesting, but you add 100K people you start seeing real trends. For example, it can show that in a major metro area most people are up by 7, and commuting by 8, a lot of them are browsing cell phones at noon. The other thing that it can show is very unusual activity, like the person that is using 8x the amount of data as everyone else. The, person that is taking 8x the photos, etc.

I already suggested in another topic that people need to organize into unions and start charging these companies for the data we're all generating with all of our clicking and typing. Sure, one person's data doesn't mean anything much, but in aggregate it's worth billions and we're not getting a dime for it. But I don't think that's going to happen.

Still, all of the stuff you mention isn't going to implicate me in anything. It'll just make it easier for advertisers to target me, and also make it easier for me to get stuff I like and want. It's unlikely that it will result in me getting shoved into a boxcar and shipped to a camp.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:23 PM
link   
So interesting topic but:

If this had not come from the polarizing "I got freaky with a bag of Cheetos" president we have now I doubt it would be a big deal. Its part of any civil defense system to notify people and reflects the ever changing ways we get our information. Radio, then TV, now cell phones.

Also, the NSA has alrady shown (via wikileaks) that it could do the same thing on Samsung TV's why would anybody think they haven't already done so on Cellphones.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dr UAE
ever thought of why most if not all of the smart phones don't have a battery cover that will enable you to remove the battery from the phone ?
yep

They have two battery system....one is real tiny for tracking....I called 911 in traffic once and they told me where I was.....so

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: GBP/JPY

originally posted by: Dr UAE
ever thought of why most if not all of the smart phones don't have a battery cover that will enable you to remove the battery from the phone ?
yep

They have two battery system....one is real tiny for tracking....I called 911 in traffic once and they told me where I was.....so

I have found that a bag that can block RFID chips can also keep you phone out of touch. You can also pull the sim chip which may help

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is false, at least as far as Android devices go, and is quite easily verifiably so. Take a look at the source code for the CellBroadcastReceiver package and see where it accesses any of the things claimed. I'll wait.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Something I thought of. If there is so much hate for Trump that they will ignore the Presidential Alert, then if the missiles are inbound do these haters win the Darwin Award?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 06:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer
Something I thought of. If there is so much hate for Trump that they will ignore the Presidential Alert, then if the missiles are inbound do these haters win the Darwin Award?

Mr. Trump will hopefully not be the only source of a warning of missiles or aliens, or whatever a "Presidential Alert" might entail. Not that we could really do much about either of those things, even if we knew about them.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 08:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bramble Iceshimmer

No reason to ignore it unless it is used for political reasons. In other words if there is a tsunami heading my way I would. If its used as an extension of his twitter account then it will get ignored.

I doubt highly it will be used for the latter

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

www.truconnect.com... aoqlQKiM366peIxTV8n_Lli9vZzI9nrbvIlm_ne1C4tRCQDEkaAo38EALw_wcB

That didn't come out under Obama...lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join