It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Palu Disaster : Are 300 000 people gone ?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: DoctorBluechip

Warning : this thread is not for the faint of heart or the underinformed .

underinformed?

So this thread is for nobody as everyone is uniformed of one thing or another.

Ironically it seems you are "underiformed" as you pout it about what you are trying to push.

This topic deserves a new thread because of the sheer severity of the circumstances

Really?

No it seems like you are another addict looking for flags and stars.

Why start numerous threads on the same subject if its not some sort of ego trip, just add to the thread available that I believe were started by you.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Palu was home to well over 300 000 people , and the surrounding areas along the coastlines had up to 300 000 people , mostly living near sea level . It has been reported by Western media that up to 200 000 people are in need of help . This could mean that at least 100 000 people are missing , and possibly many more .

or it could mean exactly what it says,

that 200 thousand are in need of help while 100 thousand aren't as effected and can fend for themselves while the others require more help.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Flyingclaydisk

I'll say this AGAIN...STOP insinuating that "hundreds of thousands" have been killed in this event!!

You must have 3-4 threads you've started insinuating this same thing.

There IS NOT 100,000+ people dead!

There WILL NOT BE 100,000+ people dead!

We'll have to defend the truth and ask you to seek knowledge . Or else ask , what is your version of 'a worst case scenario' upon a city of more than 336 000 , plus the surrounding region, with a similar headcount ?
The 2004 tsunami took out 227 898 , people : tsunamis are very dangerous .

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Anyone know where to make donations that will actually get to the people?

Salvation Army, Indonesia
www.salvationarmy.org...

A priority is to repair The Salvation Army’s quake-damaged Woodward Hospital in Palu and to restore full functionality – including operating theatres – as soon as possible. Currently, patients are being cared for in the open and under makeshift tents. The main government hospital in the city has collapsed, increasing the importance of the work that can be carried out at Woodward Hospital, which suffered only relatively minor damage.

I'm told the SArmy has some of the lowest overhead among aid agencies
(not affiliated with)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
There is a difference between truth and wild speculation
2nd

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 02:09 PM
link   

or it could mean exactly what it says, that 200 thousand are in need of help while 100 thousand aren't as effected and can fend for themselves while the others require more help.

By your own accounts you are still missing 300 000 .

In this case the word is not 'effected' but 'affected' .

Other events get new threads when further updates arrive . Indonesians are just as important as Americans . The world does not operate as if part of a satisfactory news cycle .

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   
There is no indication that the death toll is going to reach those #s. It will rise certainly, but the damage in media are focused - there are spots even where the tsunami hit directly that were unaffected. Banks are other services are starting to reopen, and there are many pictures with LOTS of citizens, working or helping others.

I'll be surprised if the death toll gets over 10k. Might be somewhere around there. 100k? 200k? That is wild speculation based on nothing. Way to fearmonger.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:11 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

You haven't provided any proper support for your claims . You don't see many citizens in the drone footage of op .
When the NAZI death camps were discovered by field operatives , Court Marshals were proposed for their having sent back such impossible news .

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:18 AM
link   
a reply to: hombero

Lovely and absolutely true. Go through the threads that ask a question in the thread title and test the theory if you doubt me.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: stormcell

This was what happened in San Francisco in 1906. A good portion of the land was liquefied causing catastrophic damage beyond what the actual earthquake did.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   

I dont know why you chose to exaggerate this and that information is not available in any of the outlets you have provided sorry dude.
You are completely off on your numbers and on the amount of damage and you've done that purposefully.
Is doom and gloom your thing?

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

Its only at less than 1500 right now. Not that that isnt bad. I dont see it increasing ten times.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 07:29 AM
link   

What ever... shakes head.

posted on Oct, 6 2018 @ 08:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

I dont know why you chose to exaggerate this and that information is not available in any of the outlets you have provided sorry dude.
You are completely off on your numbers and on the amount of damage and you've done that purposefully.
Is doom and gloom your thing?

YIPPEE!! I'm saving this one!

We actually agree on something!!!

My day has been made!

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:37 AM
link   

By your own accounts you are still missing 300 000 .

my own accounts?

NO, not by accounts at all.

going by what you are saying.

In this case the word is not 'effected' but 'affected' .

your point?

Other events get new threads when further updates arrive .

and usually get closed and directed to exiting thread.

Indonesians are just as important as Americans .

I really don't know what the hell you are on about here.

Who in their right mind even hinted that at something like that?

posted on Oct, 7 2018 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

bbc link : palu hit by 'worst case scenario'

You don't seem to have any idea of the physics of water , or the geography of the Palu area , but you do agree that this tsunami was eventually reported to be 6 metres high , dont you ?
That would necessarily mean it travelled several kilometres inland over most of the city . So do you agree , 6 metres?
The trouble here is that the media will only release official figures , as in bodies that have been recovered and also identified . At this point they dont care to make any estimates of their own , they just report the facts , as above . When you don't seem able to make any deductions of your own , or conduct any research or bring any evidence it becomes obvious you're only here denying a legitimate question with ad hominem aspersions .

posted on Oct, 10 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
So... new reports say as many as 6,000 may be dead as many are missing. I thought perhaps it could go as 10k, but thankfully and hopefully not. And obviously this is a far, FAR cry from 100k.. 200k. If that many were feared dead, the news would already be out.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:11 AM
link   

The trouble here is that the media will only release official figures , as in bodies that have been recovered and also identified . At this point they dont care to make any estimates of their own , they just report the facts , as above .

So you want the media to start saying 100s of thousands are missing and dead instead of giving the facts.

You want people that only have the media to see what going on because of their concerns for friends and family over there to go insane with worry by suggesting something that observations don't fit with and create fear and panic for those wanting to know whats going on?

If I am misunderstanding you, sorry.

If not, you need to check your head mate, wanting to spread fear to others because of your own is selfish and weak.

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
sky link

Rescue teams struggling to find bodies amid the wreckage have been hampered by mud hardening and remains decomposing in the tropical heat. Indonesia's government has previously suggested closing parts of the city and declaring them mass graves.

Parks and monuments are planned at three of the worst-hit areas to commemorate those who may never be found. "The search and rescue operation for the victims will end this Thursday afternoon," said Bambang Suryo, field director in Palu.

Watch video in link

posted on Oct, 11 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   
####SNIPPED###
At this point it's pretty obvious that the main stream media are moving towards burying the reality . Eg:

new straits times

PALU: The ‘dead city’ is slowly regaining life with the reopening of Bandara Mutiara SIS Al-Jufrie Airport since the devastation after the quake and tsunami on Sept 28.

And eg

Meanwhile, electric supply to 95 per cent of the town has been restored starting yesterday, enabling some business premises, including eateries, to resume operation.

edit on Thu Oct 11 2018 by DontTreadOnMe because: Courtesy is Mandatory

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join