It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House Finds No Corroboration of Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Kavanaugh in FBI Report

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: BlueAjah
a reply to: shooterbrody

They wanted this investigation to go like the Special Counsel investigation. Keep hunting and looking into everyone he knows to find something, anything, to use against him.

You know - witch hunt = Democrat strategy

Their scorched earth win at all costs strategy will cost them seats next month.
I guess the dnc has to hit absolute rock bottom before any kind of reforms will be called for.

I think their reasoning was that the balance on the SCOTUS was worth losing one midterm election. They threw everything they had at it.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: face23785
Well they have until saturday to pull more bs

who knows what other bs they will attempt

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Well they have until saturday to pull more bs

who knows what other bs they will attempt

I can one-up that video:

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:12 AM
link   
The Democrats are on TV now complaining that the FBI did a faulty investigation at the direction of the White House.

I hope the FBI does a press conference explaining what they did and why and embarrass these clowns. They're willfully lying to the American people. They knew an FBI investigation would be limited. That's precisely why they called for one instead of calling for her to file charges resulting in a criminal investigation.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   
For what its worth I'm having a tough time understanding how the FBI performs a supplemental background check on allegations of sexual assault without interviewing any of the folks who made the allegations. Its like investigating a crime by only focusing on the alleged perpetrators story.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer
For what its worth I'm having a tough time understanding how the FBI performs a supplemental background check on allegations of sexual assault without interviewing any of the folks who made the allegations. Its like investigating a crime by only focusing on the alleged perpetrators story.

lol
now the fbi can't do their job properly
lol
not like we had anyone TESTIFY UNDER OATH recently
boy if we only had the vcr tape of that......

or would you like ford prosecuted for perjury?

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:20 AM
link   

lol
lol

No its simply part and parcel of a background investigation to follow up on leads that have been disclosed during the investigation. By ignoring any further information or testimonies its not really an investigation, but rather just a summary of what the last background check was again. This of course is purely beneficial if your only goal is to check off 'investigate' off your list. The fact that high ranking retired or ex-FBI officials have decried the lack of actual investigative actions on the part of the FBI this last week is telling in the matter...
edit on 40am18famThu, 04 Oct 2018 10:21:31 -0500America/ChicagoThu, 04 Oct 2018 10:21:31 -0500 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer
so without you know actual sources this appears to be nothing but bs...

The fact that high ranking FBI officials have decried the lack of actual investigative actions on the part of the FBI this last week is telling in the matter...

the rest is purely speculation on your part.....which is not surprising

lol
whatever helps your narritive

edit on 4/10/2018 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Simple. They looked at the statements and testimony already given under penalty of perjury and didn't have any additional questions that weren't already asked and answered.

This was never going to be a criminal investigation or as good as one. The Democrats knew this. Insinuating the FBI would get to the bottom of this, they lied to you. The Senate Judiciary Committee had more power than the FBI to investigate this. All the FBI could do was add information to the background check. They knew this, that's specifically why they demanded an FBI investigation and didn't urge Ford to file charges. Filing charges would result in a real investigation, which they don't want.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:27 AM
link   

lol
lol

No its simply part and parcel of a background investigation to follow up on leads that have been disclosed during the investigation.

Unless they didn't find them to be credible leads. The FBI doesn't look into every nook and cranny, no matter how absurd. That's not how background checks work. And again, the Democrats knew that. You've been lied to.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

so without you know actual sources this appears to be nothing but bs...

The fact that high ranking FBI officials have decried the lack of actual investigative actions on the part of the FBI this last week is telling in the matter...

the rest is purely speculation on your part.....which is not surprising

lol
whatever helps your narritive

I heard it on NPR this morning on the way into work. They claimed that some of their sources, which were ex/retired FBI investigators, said it was highly unusual to not interview all connections that were brought up in a background check.

This article sums up the plethora of folks that have information and have been trying to get the FBI to interview them but have been unable to spurn any kind of investigative action from the FBI.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:33 AM
link   

credible

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

I heard it on NPR this morning on the way into work.

So then did you also hear the interview with the lady that was kavanaoughs childhood friend?
I also listen to NPR on my commute.

From your link....

Ramirez’s attorney, John Clune, tweeted Tuesday that the FBI "is not conducting — or not being permitted to conduct — a serious investigation." Clune added, "We are not aware of the FBI affirmatively reaching out to any of those witnesses."

then later in the story

Ramirez appears to be the only accuser who was interviewed as part of the current investigation.

almost as if they cant make up their minds....

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I heard it on NPR this morning on the way into work.

So then did you also hear the interview with the lady that was kavanaoughs childhood friend?
I also listen to NPR on my commute.

From your link....

Ramirez’s attorney, John Clune, tweeted Tuesday that the FBI "is not conducting — or not being permitted to conduct — a serious investigation." Clune added, "We are not aware of the FBI affirmatively reaching out to any of those witnesses."

then later in the story

Ramirez appears to be the only accuser who was interviewed as part of the current investigation.

almost as if they cant make up their minds....

Oh indeed I did (it just didn't have any immediate bearing to the FBI investigation discussion here in this thread). I'm not sure what your Ramirez quotes insinuates, since the above quote talks about interviewing any other witnesses, which when you later link the second quote just reaffirms they only interviewed Ramirez.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:42 AM
link   

If only we could get her to testify in front of the Senate, so that we knew what her allegations & story were.... Or heck, maybe even a written letter to a Senator, so that we know what her allegations & story were.. I'd even be willing to use tax-payer money to hire a "special" sexual assault prosecutor to question her and get the facts out in the public...

We should do those things....

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This CNN guy sounds pretty depressed that Senators COLLINS and FLAKE are now "onboard" to support Kavanaugh.

twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: CrawlingChaos

If only we could get her to testify in front of the Senate, so that we knew what her allegations & story were.... Or heck, maybe even a written letter to a Senator, so that we know what her allegations & story were.. I'd even be willing to use tax-payer money to hire a "special" sexual assault prosecutor to question her and get the facts out in the public...

We should do those things....

My article I linked describes dozens of other folks (ex-classmates/roomates/etc) who had additional corroborating or exonerating evidence to provide the FBI and the FBI refused to take their testimony on the subject. Fords testimony was not part of that 'additional un-investigated testimonies' heretofore referenced.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

I'll predict they will get so juiced up in a panic they will throw out pizzagate on him.

Scorched earth, theyve already had the PSA throwing bill clinton under the bus, why not complete the circle.

The only way to mitigate this coming storm is for the Right to produce names of officials using the sexual harrassment hush fund for the houses.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pyle
Odd that the White House, the people that want Kavanaugh on the Supreme Court more then anything, have found no wrong doing after directing exactly what the FBI can investigate. Almost seems like it was all a dog and pony show for the GOP to say "SEE WE DID THE THING AND FOUND NOTHING!".

Well we do know the LeftBI needs much hand holding. Its not like they are known to be non-partisan as of late. In fact it is very sad that they need to be forced to take direction like 5 year olds.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:54 AM
link   

It's not a criminal investigation, and the named witnesses were interviewed. As to Dr. Ford, her testimony and written statement are already on record. Any decent lawyer would advise her, to not continue any further interviews in fear of a changed, or mismatched (to previous recorded testimony) testimony.

But hey, if you think giving her more rope would be a good idea ; Well I differ in my opinion.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join