It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pedophilia Isn’t The Main Problem With Catholic Priests, Homosexuality Is

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Oh for pities sake.

Anyone who thinks that homosexuality (that is a situation in which a person seeks companionship and sexual intimacy with members of their own gender) and being a kiddy fiddler are both problems, needs to get themselves some psychological assistance, and a perspective that is even nearly objective, then reassess their commentary on the subject.

Lets be clear here. Homosexuality is not rape, it is not coercion, it is not criminal by nature and practice. Where two homosexual persons find one another and have a relationship, just as a man and a woman would, there is no force being exerted (except in the throes of passion, in which case I would hope that neither one is a slacker, and if they are going to go that route, put their damned backs into it). Its just a relationship. You cannot say the same thing of an adult interfering with a child, there is no comparison whatsoever.

Whoever wrote that article... well, I would say that odds are even that their basement contains swastikas. Plural.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Church needs to revert to allowing priests to marry, wonder how much trouble that would save them each year.

No one is making these guys become priests. They know the rules before they sign up. Do you honestly believe that marriage is going to stop pedophilia? It may be an answer for the few priests that have sexual relations with consenting adults but that is not the major problem here.
edit on 5-10-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:09 AM
link   

it's suppressing natural desires that bring worse to the attention and the snowball gets bigger the more that's supressed until the innocent natural desire turns to ghastly desires, if you don't feed the serpent the serpent feeds itself.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Most priests are into both. Why would anyone go to church has me beat.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Personally I couldn't give a toss what consenting adults get up to in private be they Catholic priests or whatever.

In my opinion anyone who commits an act of paedophilia automatically gives up their right to be treated like a human being and should be punished accordingly with little thought of rehabilitation.

I'd guess that the fact most victims of Catholic priests are young boys is because historically priests have been far more involved with boys via youth clubs, altar boy activities etc.

Child abuse in religious establishments is far from limited to Catholics.
Here in the UK it is at least as common for Church of England clergy to be found guilty of such as crimes as Catholic clergy, but it isn't reported with as much vigour and prominence.
I'll leave you to make your own mind up why that would be.

posted on Oct, 5 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   
And I thought it was fornication!

Alas, fornication is commonly accepted whilst homosexuality still not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join