It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unaware of the presence of God.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Some people don't understand why God doesn't keep you from having an accident while consciously driving at 80mph towards a tree. This simply is because they are unaware of God.

You are a human and God will make you nothing more than a human.

But try and find yourself in the presence of God and all His wisdom.

Those who seek will find.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Out6of9Balance

No need to seek...God resides within us all. He's the truth, the light, the creator of all that's seen and unseen AND he loves us all. Satan hates each and every one of us because of this. Temptation and evil exists to persuade us to pull away from the light and God's love. I'm not a big fan of religion (ex-Catholic), but I believe in God's love and mercy. In my heart he exists and that's all that matters. People are free not to believe and we shouldn't force our beliefs on anyone. Hopefully God's light will shine in the hearts of all unbelievers, who refer to him as a 'fairy tale.'

1 Corinthians 3:16
Do you not know that you are a temple of God and that the Spirit of God dwells in you?

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   
What about all those people who hit the tree and die.
Where was their god? Or are they all godless heathens?

edit on 3-10-2018 by Athetos because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
I've been looking and still haven't found anything. I'm not sure where else I should be looking.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Double post
edit on 3-10-2018 by trustmeimdoctor because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Athetos
What about all those people who hit the tree and die.
Where was their god? Or are they all godless heathens?

Jesus answered about the con
Struction scaffold falling in Scripture....he said chance........can that be right....
edit on 3-10-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So not god then.
Thanks for the insight.

a reply to: GBP/JPY

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 03:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

We're not suppose to live forever...we all have an expiration date. Your question is something that I thought about too, when my faith was weak. All I can say is, death, no matter how it arrives, makes one question their own life. For me, it makes me realize how precious and fleeting it is. I still can't understand why babies and children die from abuse, accidents and sickness.

Our fate is beyond our control; only God knows. He gives us life, to learn from our mistakes by making choices and learning from their consequences. He gives us life for us to learn how to love and respect each other, as well as our planet. How well have we done with that?

It's difficult to describe to an unbeliever about spirituality and faith. You acquire faith, you're not born with it. My faith was strengthened when my grandmother's spirit visited me a week after she died. I'll never forget...the alarm went off, I shut it off, with my eyes still closed, I laid in bed dreading to go to work. I then felt as if something was in my room. Goosebumps popped up and I dreaded even opening my eyes. When I finally mustered the courage to open them, I saw the translucent figure of my grandmother in front of my bedroom window. Scared out of my wits, I closed my eyes...when I opened them, with my heart still racing, she was gone. Now, I know what I saw was not a dream, but how do I convince an unbeliever? I can't. All I know is, my grandmother's appearance was an act of true love. Does this happen to all people...heck no, but for those lucky enough to witness this, it reaffirms the validity of an afterlife. My faith was strengthened by this experience and for that, I'm very grateful. Yeah, you have every right to call me 'nuts', but then again, I don't care.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

So not god then.
Thanks for the insight.

like a bunch a guys fell........right there in front of the group......b8g scaffold, not no caveman thing

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It was probably zoned wrong🤷‍♂️

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sorry no amount of faith will convince me of predetermined fate under the guise of spiritual growth. Some times crappy things happen to good people, no god required.

He would be the sickest being in the universe if this is his masterpiece.

a reply to: shawmanfromny
Sounds like you had a nice dream of your gran.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

He would be the sickest being in the universe if this is his masterpiece.

Find out how a sick being it is.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   
ill pass, when I die and if by some cruel twist of fate everything you said is true I still won’t bow at the gates. I’ll walk away.

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

ill pass, when I die and if by some cruel twist of fate everything you said is true I still won’t bow at the gates. I’ll walk away.

Consider Calvinism, Calvinism teaches that God creates people who have no worth
Anyway, I agree with you, a God who doesn't love is not a god, a God that doesn't allow free choice is just a mechanic

posted on Oct, 3 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   
mainly i just think of god as a moral authority, to have right, you must have wrong, so how to decide what is right or wrong? you need to have some sort of authority to differentiate, so whatever provides that answer is god, be it a church, or government, or society or just your own sense of self.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Where to?
edit on 4-10-2018 by Out6of9Balance because: edit

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Some people don't understand why God doesn't keep you from having an accident while consciously driving at 80mph towards a tree.

who are these people?

The drivers headed for the tree?

The family members of said driver that are devout religious people don't understand?

I don't understand what you are trying to say and who you have in mind, it sounds like you have something specific on your mind but are be vague for some reason.

This simply is because they are unaware of God.

if they don't understand why "God" does or doesn't do something then that is awareness of God.

You are a human and God will make you nothing more than a human. But try and find yourself in the presence of God and all His wisdom. Those who seek will find.

No thanks,

I think limiting God that is described as everything and anything, the beginning and the end is only trying find a finite understanding of the infinite God.

Trying to divide God or subtract God away from parts of reality they find unbearable is not faith but confusion.

But everyone path is a journey to seek out, experience and maybe understand their purpose.

So I guess if your basic message is experience life (seek and you will find) and understanding will eventual come then I agree.

I think its simply a test of ones faith when that understanding eludes a person for a prolonged period of time that leads to doubt.

The reason for that test, only God and maybe the individual if they can look deep within knows.

If it is a test then doubt could be an indication that one is one the right path

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

who are these people?

The drivers headed for the tree?

The family members of said driver that are devout religious people don't understand?

I don't understand what you are trying to say and who you have in mind, it sounds like you have something specific on your mind but are be vague for some reason.

Erm, nobody in particular, I was only pointing out the magical sky fairy idea some people have of God. Those who go like, oh, and if God existed there would be no poverty and people wouldn't die and such, those who claim suffering in the world points out to the inexistence of God. Those who go like, you're religious, why doesn't your God catch you if you fall off of a building. That type of magical sky fairy claims about God.
edit on 4-10-2018 by Out6of9Balance because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Erm, nobody in particular,

You seem to be talking about children or people with the intellect of a child.

I was only pointing out the magical sky fairy idea some people have of God. Those who go like, oh, and if God existed there would be no poverty and people wouldn't die and such, those who claim suffering in the world points out to the inexistence of God. Those who go like, you're religious, why doesn't your God catch you if you fall off of a building. That type of magical sky fairy claims about God.

Not sure any critical thinking person has these ideas about God.

someone with a less experience in life and or an intellectual disability may have these ideas but they are childish.

Is there a reason you were pointing this out?

Do those ideas upset you?

they are usually brought up in heated discussion to try and trigger a person trying to explain their belief in God.

If they are real questions then its from a child or someone with a child's intellect and if not then its tactic to try and trigger a believer.

posted on Oct, 4 2018 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

It's ignorance and it does quite upset me, it's not the kind of answer I'm looking for.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join